www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 04-12-15, 20:23   #5871
xLara_Nathanx
Relic Hunter

My impressions:

Anyone who knows me, knows that I was highly pessimistic about this MP, but I MUST admit that, with time, I am starting to really enjoy and appreciate it!

Some thoughts: I LOVE that I am pleasantly surprised at how balanced everything is! Looking at the trailer, I genuinely thought that it would be way worse than UC3. To my surprise, nothing seems unbalanced, and the mysticals and sidekicks are actually fun and provide a level of strategy, instead of cheap BS. Another thing is the fact that blindfire and melee are both NERFED the **** down (), which makes me extremely happy. No longer do we have unskilled noobs being cheap and trying to get kills with steelfisting. Consequently, shotguns are also no longer guaranteed cheap kills. The aim controls feel tight and responsive, the framerate is godsent, the animations are great, the game is well-balanced. Once again, I am very surprised at how I'm actually enjoying this. It could've been totally different, though, had it not been so balanced.

But still, I really miss the verticality that both UC2 and 3 offered. I feel like that has been toned down a lot. Just compare the two maps with highrise/sanctuary, etc. UC4 in general has a completely different ''feel'' to it (it feels chaotic/cartoony/arcade-y/Team Fortress-y). That ''Uncharted flavour'' is definitely gone. Those who have played lots of UC2 MP will know what I mean.

With that being said, the more I played it, the more I got used to it. Naughty Dog has outdone themselves when it comes to balancing, which is the biggest surprise here! Now let's see what the full game offers. I hope it will still stay this balanced and fun to play (so no cheap BS ala UC3). So far it's very promising. It caters to both hardcore competitive players and newcomers/casuals, while still being fun to play for both parties without any unbalances. I can definitely see myself, with time, ''letting go'' of UC2. I am very surprised and happy, because we finally have a balanced and fun MP! I'm praying to Jesus that ND won't **** up this great level of balance.

But please, for the love of God, remove the ''down state'' entirely!

/thoughts

Last edited by xLara_Nathanx; 04-12-15 at 20:27.
xLara_Nathanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-15, 22:51   #5872
Phlip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
Yeah it's taking me a bit of time to get used to the new controls
I haven't played the MP, in what way have the controls changed, if it's in a way that would be applied to SP?
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-15, 23:00   #5873
hitnrun017
Archaeologist

Finally downloading!! Excited to try it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLara_Nathanx View Post
My impressions:
Glad to hear you're surprised and able to enjoy it. Based on previous posts of yours it seems we feel the same way about Uncharted 2's multiplayer so I trust your opinion.
Old 04-12-15, 23:00   #5874
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
I haven't played the MP, in what way have the controls changed, if it's in a way that would be applied to SP?
Getting used to the grapple being L1, and grenade/bomb being R1. It's been so long I can't actually remember how to throw a grenade in UC3 But I used to use L1 and R1 for aiming and shooting on ps3 controller.

Taunt is now the up direction. Reload is now triangle. Think that's it.
Old 05-12-15, 00:08   #5875
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

Not to mention instead of reloading, I usually throw a grenade at my self XD, so use to the Remaster controls

This was my 1st ever match on the multiplayer
Old 05-12-15, 01:32   #5876
Tomb_of_Darkns
Professor

The newest trailer was kind of odd to me because it didn't seem to have the same polish as all the other cutscenes that we have seen so far. Mostly just the lipsync seems to off slightly. In the previous scenes that were shown E3 the whole facial capture was heaps better, that what this teaser showed.

Interesting, I hope it's just not polished. =/

Everything else seemed fine, i mean it was just a teaser.

What I did like was that the villain or at least one of the antagonists was an ethnic woman, who actually seems like she can do some kick-***ery. Marlowe never seemed to be as threatening as she was supposed to be mostly because we never saw her that much. Hopefully, this woman is actually threatening, at least we know she can throw a nice kick.

I think that it leads to a brawl ingame, the way that the scene ends as an over the shoulder camera just makes it seem that way.
Tomb_of_Darkns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-15, 02:04   #5877
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb_of_Darkns View Post
The newest trailer was kind of odd to me because it didn't seem to have the same polish as all the other cutscenes that we have seen so far. Mostly just the lipsync seems to off slightly. In the previous scenes that were shown E3 the whole facial capture was heaps better, that what this teaser showed.

Interesting, I hope it's just not polished. =/

Everything else seemed fine, i mean it was just a teaser.

What I did like was that the villain or at least one of the antagonists was an ethnic woman, who actually seems like she can do some kick-***ery. Marlowe never seemed to be as threatening as she was supposed to be mostly because we never saw her that much. Hopefully, this woman is actually threatening, at least we know she can throw a nice kick.

I think that it leads to a brawl ingame, the way that the scene ends as an over the shoulder camera just makes it seem that way.
I did think the lip sync was just off a tiny bit
But I'm sure it'll be something like Lara's hair in the first trailer we saw where it floated around and acted against gravity.
It'll be something fixed I'm sure.
Old 05-12-15, 02:58   #5878
GUMI
Professor

Location: Ask Larafan25. He probably knows where i am. | Always "Twerk" for a higher goal.

This was my second match on UC4 Mp.
Old 05-12-15, 03:11   #5879
ozzman
Tomb Raider

after a few hours i decided to upload a video

Last edited by ozzman; 05-12-15 at 04:35.
ozzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-15, 04:02   #5880
Tommy123
Tomb Raider

The graphics look amazing in the multiplayer!