www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 30-07-21, 22:32   #3871
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

I'm really sad to see Jodie leave, she has been my favourite Doctor and love everything about her. Depsite some flaws in the writing she has some pretty amazing episodes like Rosa, Demons of the Punjab, Fugitive of the Judoon, Haunting of Villa Diodati. Also Resolution and Revolution of the Daleks

I'm also one of many who loves the whole Timeless Child arc and hope to see where it all leads to
Old 31-07-21, 11:22   #3872
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post
Wasn't he also a fan of the franchise from years back?
Yeah, but so was Chibnall...
Old 31-07-21, 18:31   #3873
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

Mark Gattis I'm ok with him. His episodes were generally unpopular though but he could ba a good showrunner, who knows ?
Old 31-07-21, 23:31   #3874
crowhazard
Student

I feel overwhelmingly ecstatic at the prospect of Chibnall leaving. Shame about Jodie though, as Iíll be left to forever wonder whether or not her take on the Doctor couldíve been salvaged with better writing. She deserved better.
crowhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 02:48   #3875
Fantasy
Professor

I gave up on the series during the Capaldi era when they stopped caring about making fun, simple but effective stories with heart and instead tried to be clever to the point of being convoluted and just outright boring. I watched the first episode of Jodieís first series and didnít feel the need to to carry on
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-21, 06:51   #3876
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post
I gave up on the series during the Capaldi era when they stopped caring about making fun, simple but effective stories with heart and instead tried to be clever to the point of being convoluted and just outright boring. I watched the first episode of Jodieís first series and didnít feel the need to to carry on
Chibnall era episodes are generally more simple. However I personally prefer the madness of Moffat and (several) of Davies eras.
Old 02-08-21, 21:40   #3877
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowhazard View Post
I feel overwhelmingly ecstatic at the prospect of Chibnall leaving. Shame about Jodie though, as I’ll be left to forever wonder whether or not her take on the Doctor could’ve been salvaged with better writing. She deserved better.
Give it a while and she'll return to the role for Big Finish audio, they'll set things straight no doubt. They've done so much amazing stuff and many argue that including the audio that six is now one of the, if not the, best Doctor out there.
I honestly think that the ideas for 13 can make a great Doctor in the right hands, but Chibbs just had the outline and didn't do much besides that with the character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post
I gave up on the series during the Capaldi era when they stopped caring about making fun, simple but effective stories with heart and instead tried to be clever to the point of being convoluted and just outright boring. I watched the first episode of Jodie’s first series and didn’t feel the need to to carry on
You've missed a ton of amazing episodes in all three series if that's the case. Go back and give Capaldi another shot, there's absolutely convoluted stuff in there, I'm not denying that, but there's some amazing stories to be found and decently simple ones as well. Especially in Series 10, which soft rebooted the show and did away with quite a bit of the previous five series and just kept the essentials to make it work.
If anything, watch the Series 9 episode Heaven's Sent. That episode is Moffat firing on all cylinders and creating one of the very best Who episodes period. It's such an amazing piece of work and the combination of his writing, Capaldi's acting, Gold's music, Talalay's directing, it's just so bloody amazing!
Old 27-08-21, 10:11   #3878
jajay119
Tomb Raider

The BBC have said there will be 'radical changes' to the series once Chibnall leaves.

Hopfully that radical change is getting someone on to run the show with a consistent vision suitable for the show and some decent writers who focus on telling stories rather than trying to smash political points over your head, badly.
Old 27-08-21, 10:21   #3879
Tombraider95
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
The BBC have said there will be 'radical changes' to the series once Chibnall leaves.

Hopfully that radical change is getting someone on to run the show with a consistent vision suitable for the show and some decent writers who focus on telling stories rather than trying to smash political points over your head, badly.
Hopefully that's what they mean. It's a good sign at least.
Old 27-08-21, 10:52   #3880
Matie
Professor

Fingers crossed this means the overall quality of the show will go through significant improvement.