www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 27-02-11, 17:08   #1
Gh0stBlade
Archaeologist

Default [PC] Tomb Raider Underworld DLC Menus & Conversion discussion.

Previously, I was able to access the DLC menus for Tomb Raider Underworld (PC). The DLC menus are existant and fully functional. The problem is that we're unable to bypass the Xbox Live block to access the community features:

[img]http://i51.************/1z5smcp.png[/img]

Moreover, bypassing the DLC package loader could lead to a further known menu which is used to select the DLC level packs but. At the moment, it's unknown how to force the executable to load a fake DLC package and run the contents inside. It could well be possible to convert parts of the DLC such as character models etc. It's unknown if actual stages would work such and such. This is only a speculation, it doesn't mean that it will happen. For this to happen, we'd need a group of people willing to contribute and post their latest findings into the topic. That's all for now, just read on ; )

[img]http://i55.************/2pzd25x.png[/img]

Last edited by Gh0stBlade; 04-04-11 at 23:08.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-11, 17:11   #2
Ward Dragon

There is no DLC for the PC version. If you're getting that message in the menu I assume it was accidentally left in the game when they ported it from 360
Old 27-02-11, 17:16   #3
Gh0stBlade
Archaeologist

o0 Ok then.

I'd like DLC though D:
Old 27-02-11, 17:18   #4
Ward Dragon

Yeah, a lot of people were upset over the DLC being exclusive to the 360. Microsoft made a deal with Eidos where Microsoft paid for the levels to be developed in exchange for the levels being exclusive. I guess they were trying to encourage multiplatform gamers to buy the 360 version of the game, or encourage people who hadn't bought a new console yet to go for 360.

You can watch gameplay videos and the cutscenes on Youtube though if you're interested
Old 27-02-11, 17:20   #5
Gh0stBlade
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Dragon View Post
Yeah, a lot of people were upset over the DLC being exclusive to the 360. Microsoft made a deal with Eidos where Microsoft paid for the levels to be developed in exchange for the levels being exclusive. I guess they were trying to encourage multiplatform gamers to buy the 360 version of the game, or encourage people who hadn't bought a new console yet to go for 360.

You can watch gameplay videos and the cutscenes on Youtube though if you're interested
I bought the DLC last month on xbox and there is a big issue with it. I don't think it's possible for me to play it.
Old 27-02-11, 17:21   #6
Ward Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
I bought the DLC last month on xbox and there is a big issue with it. I don't think it's possible for me to play it.
Do you have the Xbox 360 version of Underworld? You need the Underworld disc in the drive to play the DLC even though the DLC is on your hard drive.
Old 27-02-11, 17:22   #7
Gh0stBlade
Archaeologist

Quote:
Do you have the Xbox 360 version of Underworld? You need the Underworld disc in the drive to play the DLC even though the DLC is on your hard drive.
Yep, it is very glitchy. When I load the stage it refuses to let me play because I need to update...
Old 27-02-11, 17:31   #8
Ward Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
Yep, it is very glitchy. When I load the stage it refuses to let me play because I need to update...
The game needs to download that update in order to recognize the DLC. Are you connected to Live? (Silver account is fine, not necessary to pay for Gold) The game should automatically try to update on its own if you run it while connected to Live.
Old 27-02-11, 17:38   #9
Gh0stBlade
Archaeologist

Quote:
The game needs to download that update in order to recognize the DLC. Are you connected to Live? (Silver account is fine, not necessary to pay for Gold) The game should automatically try to update on its own if you run it while connected to Live.
The game disconnects me from XBL for no reason and the dlc is all there which i purchased. Usually a box pops up to update but im not seeing it :S
Old 27-02-11, 17:44   #10
Gh0stBlade
Archaeologist

Oh, nvm its updated now. i left it for a while and it finally popped up

thanks!!