www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 06-09-19, 22:07   #61
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

If this is overly marred by parent issues and Lara doesn't carve out her own name for herself it's the complete opposite direction I want the film to go. Parent storylines are clichè and done to death I hope this doesn't end up being a recurrent theme and we end up with another film that mirrors Amazing Spider-Man.

Please just let Lara kick ass and take names obviously address the Ana betrayal issue but don't make it all about the Croft family again.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 06-09-19 at 22:08.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 00:19   #62
_Seth
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
some parents issues are needed ... after what happened in the first movie they can't move on like nothing happened.
No they're not ... yes they can. The Richard thing was a reopened and now closed book from the previous film in Lara's life. There's nothing that needs retreading. At all, even if anyone wanted that crap back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
My bet is Temple Of Doom's racism will come back to haunt Indiana Jones 5.
How was Temple of Doom racist? That was such a random thing to come out with. Are brown people not allowed to be villains sometimes otherwise it is automatically and inherently racist without question?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanosCroft View Post
i hope this director knows about the games
I truly, truly hope not. The games' storylines are some of the most mediocre, cliche, shallow and unengaging trash I've ever seen put to buyable media.

Last edited by _Seth; 07-09-19 at 00:29.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 06:51   #63
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
Legend Lara voice* What! Noooo!

Seriously, enough already! It’s all because of those pesky Top Cow comics and the first Angie movie.............
Probably unpopular opinion: if Lara in the Top Cow comics has family issues, then even classic Lara had them: you aren't disowned by your parents without having issues with them.

Now, I don't think this sequel will be without references to at least Richard, but hopefully it focus much more on Lara's and Ana relationship outside that (how Ana manipulated Lara her whole life, how in a weird way they actually might not still care for each other). But due to how Ana came into Lara's life, it might not be possible to escape the Richard curse completely this time.
Old 07-09-19, 07:10   #64
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Do you think it will be a direct continuation or will we have a time jump of about 2 or 3 years?

A temporary jump could be cool to show Lara already formed.Even graduated from the University
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 07:23   #65
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I think a time jump would be cool but Ana would have to be hiding out somewhere for Lara not to straight up murder her.

I think the best case scenario is that Ana is missing at the start of the film and had run off with the money from the company. Poor Winston Yaffee has no job and becomes a larger influence in Lara's home life.
Old 07-09-19, 08:08   #66
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
Totally agree with this. We need dinosaurs or supernatural creatures at least to some degree. Didn't the original leaked script of the first movie have a dragon? That could have been fake though.

But regardless, I think in order for this movie to really take off and do better than the last one, we need to see it go big, and supernatural creatures or dinosaurs with some dual pistol action would be a great way to do that. The end of the first movie was such a tease, give the people what they want now
If you're talking about the AJ movies scripts or draft there was two automatons in De Souza's draft and a Cerberus in Colleary/Werb screenplay.

For the 2018 there was albinos past members of Himiko's family who reproduced themself for survive.

Please no dinosaurs it's cheesy as f... and done way too much in films. The Yaxxils could be great I think. Or something new and risky.

I dont want a time jump în the movie.

Last edited by Ellioft; 07-09-19 at 08:09.
Ellioft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 08:24   #67
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

would like to see Dinosaurs! And living terracotta statues! I think TR2 has the best plot and best locations to make a GREAT TR movie! Now we live in an era where Marvel's great fantasy movies are a great success and could work!

Unfortunately, this is a sequel to the 2018 movie. They are going to follow the "rules" of the universe of that movie. We could have something supernatural but soft and at the end of the movie. They already wanted to include monsters in the first movie but it was too much for a movie of origins ... I am sure that they have given the sequel a green light to bet on everything that the first movie did not have and that makes TR famous: braid , twin guns, supernatural element in tombs ...

I am looking forward to January to see the casting and the first photos of the project. We can get the idea. I hope that the script is not leaked as it happened in 2018 ... it was disappointing to watch a movie we knew everything about.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 07-09-19 at 08:26.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 11:49   #68
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
No they're not ... yes they can. The Richard thing was a reopened and now closed book from the previous film in Lara's life. There's nothing that needs retreading. At all, even if anyone wanted that crap back.

How was Temple of Doom racist? That was such a random thing to come out with. Are brown people not allowed to be villains sometimes otherwise it is automatically and inherently racist without question?

I truly, truly hope not. The games' storylines are some of the most mediocre, cliche, shallow and unengaging trash I've ever seen put to buyable media.
Someone forgot this scene from Temple of Doom with no effort made to balance it out with positive portrayals and in case you haven’t noticed there’s few movies with Indians made in Hollywood so I’d hope you’d empathize and understand it can ****ing suck for said people if this is your only representation.

feel free to read the comments on it for some customer validation. Particularly today when films like these rely on international audiences.

That’s one of my fav things about 2018 was that Himiko wasn’t just a stereotype cursed Asian but locked herself away to protect the world setting traps to stop people leaving but these raiders invaded her tomb ****ing it up. I thought that was a really nice twist.

I agree with TR2 as a movie, that would be a creative and fantastic plot to follow! Nice variety of locations and not too many twists in the plot but some cool set pieces!

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 07-09-19 at 11:54.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 13:21   #69
FanosCroft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post

tasteless
Old 07-09-19, 13:29   #70
SoraSakai
Professor

Oh shhhhhh.

Only babies would find that racist.

And babies have no concept of what racism is.

Which apparently neither do you.