Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 13-06-20, 05:23   #1
Fiamma Patrick

Default Swap Levels between TR1, TR2, and TR3

Is it possible to load up existing Tomb Raider levels in let's say DXTRE3D, and save them as new levels in other Tomb Raider Games? Like Caves from TR1 in Tomb Raider 2. Or Diving Area in Tomb Raider 3. Crash Site in Tomb Raider 2 etc.
Fiamma Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-20, 05:32   #2
Kirishima

I'd say it's possible, but the hitch would be that various functions unique to one game may not work for another, and may downright cause a level to crash if those levels utilized them. On the other hand, the editor may realize that x game does not have y function, and may just strip it out of the level upon saving or not allow it to be saved altogether. This is all just hypothetical on my part since I don't play around with modding Tomb Raider as much as other games I have.

I remember a long time ago, playing around with fexmerger and accidentally porting TR2 Lara into a TR3 level. The level worked, but Lara couldn't sprint or duck. Tried something similar (but intentional) with TR Gold. Ported TR2 Lara into it (because I didn't know how to model swap), and while the level sort of functioned, Lara's animations were messed up, and the level probably eventually crashed.

Last edited by Kirishima; 13-06-20 at 05:55.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-20, 06:00   #3
Fiamma Patrick

The Only thing I want is the textures, and geometry. Mostly wanting to be able to port Tomb Raider 1 levels to Tomb Raider 2. In DXTRE3D, I could probably do the rest such as setting up doors, setting up baddies and others. The thing I want to know is, how do you open up an existing TR level into DXTRE3D? I also would like to edit TR2 Levels in some ways as Geometry and stuff.

Last edited by Fiamma Patrick; 13-06-20 at 06:01.
Old 13-06-20, 19:54   #4
Topixtor

You can't open finished levels in dxtre3d; to do modding and things like that you need other tools such as rView and Fexinspect, but tbh I don't know much about how to import the geometry into a dxtre3d project (or Tomb Editor since it now supports TR2 and 3 as far as I know), so I can't really help you that much
Topixtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-20, 19:59   #5
Fiamma Patrick

There is a way I know of to actually import as I just recently found. TRPheonix if I am saying it right. But the only thing I am missing is the ability to get the textures. When I get the level in DXTRE3D, I get the level's geometry, and no textures. I would actually have to re-texture every block in the level. I am only trying to find a way to get around that part.
Old 15-06-20, 08:36   #6
b122251

There is a very old tool written by Turbo Pascal called Return2 that can copy world geometry between TR game versions. It's hosted on some of the old TRLE websites. One place it definitely still exists is here.
b122251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-20, 18:42   #7
Fiamma Patrick

Hmm.. Okay then. Now, what about level textures? And level lighting?