www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-04-20, 12:25   #1
xFSTR
Inactive
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Yamatai
Posts: 44
Angry Crashing on ROTTR when entering the Geothermal Valley Cutscene.

Im getting minor stutters, then a full crash when in the middle of the first cutscene in geothermal valley. Any help would be appreciated. Ive tried standard 800x600 lowest settings on the graphics card im running it on (GTX 1050).

Edit: It crashes very often now.

Last edited by xFSTR; 12-04-20 at 12:11.
xFSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-20, 16:17   #2
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider
 
charmedangelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 12,830
Default

I have GTX 1050 and can play on high settings with texture on ultra. Something is very wrong here. First what is your CPU? Second what version of the graphics card driver are you playing with. Make sure to update it and test it to see if that works.

Next make sure that Direct X12 is not selected, that breaks Rise in a lot of ways.

If you can please share a screenshot of your graphics set up. GTX1050 is more then enough to run this game at 1080p.

Also if on steam verify cache to make sure your files aren't corrupted or missing.
__________________
Black Lives Matter #George Floyd #8can'twait

Last edited by charmedangelin; 05-04-20 at 16:18.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-20, 17:55   #3
xFSTR
Inactive
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Yamatai
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I have GTX 1050 and can play on high settings with texture on ultra. Something is very wrong here. First what is your CPU? Second what version of the graphics card driver are you playing with. Make sure to update it and test it to see if that works.

Next make sure that Direct X12 is not selected, that breaks Rise in a lot of ways.

If you can please share a screenshot of your graphics set up. GTX1050 is more then enough to run this game at 1080p.

Also if on steam verify cache to make sure your files aren't corrupted or missing.
i5-8300h CPU. I turned off directX 12 and it didnt do anything....i locked the fps to 30 and it worked like a charm before. I play on Very High and it keeps a constant 30fps. I'll take a photo on my phone later for you.
Edit: My phone smashed and its getting repaired.

Last edited by xFSTR; 09-04-20 at 15:02.
xFSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 09:13   #4
Woops
Archaeologist
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: TX
Posts: 1,065
Default

I'm also experiencing this crash
have you figured out the cause?
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 12:09   #5
xFSTR
Inactive
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Yamatai
Posts: 44
Default

Nope. Is it in the same area?
xFSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-20, 12:15   #6
Wooxman
Relic Hunter
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 5,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFSTR View Post
I play on Very High and it keeps a constant 30fps. I'll take a photo on my phone later for you.
Edit: My phone smashed and its getting repaired.
Lower the settings then and try again. Also why do you want to photograph the screen with your phone? On PC there's hundreds of options for taking screenshots, the most convenient one being the screenshot feature that's built directly into Steam.
__________________
Never forget: Gameplay is king!
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-20, 14:21   #7
xFSTR
Inactive
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Yamatai
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Lower the settings then and try again. Also why do you want to photograph the screen with your phone? On PC there's hundreds of options for taking screenshots, the most convenient one being the screenshot feature that's built directly into Steam.
Sorry -- i mean Video. Photo wont show anything. I fixed it now. Thanks for the help, only problem is my graphics card is 4GB vram and ROTTR highest settings require 4gb vram...hm...
xFSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.