www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 05-04-20, 12:25   #1
xFSTR
Inactive

Angry Crashing on ROTTR when entering the Geothermal Valley Cutscene.

Im getting minor stutters, then a full crash when in the middle of the first cutscene in geothermal valley. Any help would be appreciated. Ive tried standard 800x600 lowest settings on the graphics card im running it on (GTX 1050).

Edit: It crashes very often now.

Last edited by xFSTR; 12-04-20 at 12:11.
xFSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-20, 16:17   #2
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

I have GTX 1050 and can play on high settings with texture on ultra. Something is very wrong here. First what is your CPU? Second what version of the graphics card driver are you playing with. Make sure to update it and test it to see if that works.

Next make sure that Direct X12 is not selected, that breaks Rise in a lot of ways.

If you can please share a screenshot of your graphics set up. GTX1050 is more then enough to run this game at 1080p.

Also if on steam verify cache to make sure your files aren't corrupted or missing.
Black Lives Matter #George Floyd #8can'twait

Last edited by charmedangelin; 05-04-20 at 16:18.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-20, 17:55   #3
xFSTR
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I have GTX 1050 and can play on high settings with texture on ultra. Something is very wrong here. First what is your CPU? Second what version of the graphics card driver are you playing with. Make sure to update it and test it to see if that works.

Next make sure that Direct X12 is not selected, that breaks Rise in a lot of ways.

If you can please share a screenshot of your graphics set up. GTX1050 is more then enough to run this game at 1080p.

Also if on steam verify cache to make sure your files aren't corrupted or missing.
i5-8300h CPU. I turned off directX 12 and it didnt do anything....i locked the fps to 30 and it worked like a charm before. I play on Very High and it keeps a constant 30fps. I'll take a photo on my phone later for you.
Edit: My phone smashed and its getting repaired.

Last edited by xFSTR; 09-04-20 at 15:02.
Old 12-04-20, 09:13   #4
Woops
Archaeologist

I'm also experiencing this crash
have you figured out the cause?
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 12:09   #5
xFSTR
Inactive

Nope. Is it in the same area?
Old 18-04-20, 12:15   #6
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFSTR View Post
I play on Very High and it keeps a constant 30fps. I'll take a photo on my phone later for you.
Edit: My phone smashed and its getting repaired.
Lower the settings then and try again. Also why do you want to photograph the screen with your phone? On PC there's hundreds of options for taking screenshots, the most convenient one being the screenshot feature that's built directly into Steam.
Old 18-04-20, 14:21   #7
xFSTR
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Lower the settings then and try again. Also why do you want to photograph the screen with your phone? On PC there's hundreds of options for taking screenshots, the most convenient one being the screenshot feature that's built directly into Steam.
Sorry -- i mean Video. Photo wont show anything. I fixed it now. Thanks for the help, only problem is my graphics card is 4GB vram and ROTTR highest settings require 4gb vram...hm...