www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-04-20, 00:38   #20371
jajay119
Tomb Raider
 
jajay119's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 19,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Don't try to twist this, people claim classic Lara and classic Tomb Raider wouldn't work. That remake shows the opposite, certain isn't COD shooter "tomb raider".
I'm not trying to twist anything. Nicobass' remake is moddled after LAU style gameplay which is not classic gameplay. That is a fact. People getting excited over they is not people getting excited over classic style TR. Again, that is a fact. If as much enthusiasm had been shown for the TR2 remake going on in the level editor engine, which has showcased some spectacular work so far btw, then I would agree with you completely. But It hasn't and i dont consider LAU 'classic'. Are we just going to forget tgat we spent 3 years complaing about that from 2005-2008? If we are to soft reboot the series again then the gameplay moving back to LAu style as Nicobass' work does is it classic enough for me to use as a reference.
__________________
Merry Christmas, Ya filthy animal.

Last edited by jajay119; 09-04-20 at 00:40.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-20, 00:46   #20372
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider
 
charmedangelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 12,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
I'm not trying to twist anything. Nicobass' remake is moddled after LAU style gameplay which is not classic gameplay. That is a fact. People getting excited over they is not people getting excited over classic style TR. Again, that is a fact. If as much enthusiasm had been shown for the TR2 remake going on in the level editor engine, which has showcased some spectacular work so far btw, then I would agree with you completely. But It hasn't and i dont consider LAU 'classic'. Are we just going to forget tgat we spent 3 years complaing about that from 2005-2008? If we are to soft reboot the series again then the gameplay moving back to LAu style as Nicobass' work does is it classic enough for me to use as a reference.
Classic Lara was there, actual platforming was there, it was Tomb Raider. LAU lacked quite of bit of proper platforming, too automated. Nicobus was different, this it was Tomb Raider.

Rebooters don't want to see this happen, they don't want classic back in any capacity. They just want bow girl to hang around.
__________________
Black Lives Matter #George Floyd
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-20, 01:51   #20373
redfox45
Archaeologist
 
redfox45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Temple of Xian
Posts: 2,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Sqeenix is a greedy company who have abused the few fans they have. Sickening to think about it.
As is Ubisoft though...
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-20, 02:05   #20374
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider
 
charmedangelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 12,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post
As is Ubisoft though...
They at least embraced Classic Lara, did more for her than CD or EM who wish to throw her in a bin somewhere and forget about her even existing.
__________________
Black Lives Matter #George Floyd
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-20, 02:23   #20375
lance6439
Legend
 
lance6439's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: UTOPIA ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡ )
Posts: 27,875
Default

Ubisoft didn't embrace anything. They made an atrocious, raggedy, GoL Lara skin.
__________________
la vendicion, papi
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-20, 02:35   #20376
redfox45
Archaeologist
 
redfox45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Temple of Xian
Posts: 2,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
They at least embraced Classic Lara, did more for her than CD or EM who wish to throw her in a bin somewhere and forget about her even existing.
If you forked out full price for a game that looked the way you wanted it to, in the sorry state Assassins Creed Unity was in, surely you would be upset right?

Isnt that the most important thing? That what you paid for isn't a complete mess that they released regardless because they didn't care and knew you'd buy it anyway?

(I know that's a while ago now but AoD should have been the first and only time that was EVER allowed to happen)
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-20, 03:42   #20377
Costel
Archaeologist
 
Costel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 2,336
Default

I think I speak for everyone when I say that no one is against a classic remake or a game in classic style. We just dont believe is going to be succesful. We dont believe is going to sell as much as TLOU for example.
When we say that is not going to have succes does not mean we dont want to have it.

Now can anyone tell how much TR 1- TR AOD sold compared to other games from that era? And which one sold the most from TR 1-TR AOD?
__________________
Unuratu's death is a poor atempt to squeeze tears from players.
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-20, 04:08   #20378
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider
 
charmedangelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 12,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costel View Post
I think I speak for everyone when I say that no one is against a classic remake or a game in classic style. We just dont believe is going to be succesful. We dont believe is going to sell as much as TLOU for example.
When we say that is not going to have succes does not mean we dont want to have it.

Now can anyone tell how much TR 1- TR AOD sold compared to other games from that era? And which one sold the most from TR 1-TR AOD?
That's exactly what you mean when you claim that because there is zero and I mean ZERO reason to make such claims that classic won't work. Even when I link to stuff to explain AOD and how it had ZERO to do with the formula you guys continue on with this nonsense that classic isn't profitable. Even though many people want it back and still cosplay as her and she is still iconic and recognizable.

There has to be some desire to get rid of her somewhere to believe that she isn't marketable at all.

Of course you guys always say how reboot is 10000000000 times marketable is sells gold like oil in America.

It's extremely insulting and with that attitude they won't even care about her and they don't care about her at all.

If people care so much about classic Lara then people need to actually show it, asking for classic, show you want classic. Don't come here with your pessimistic attitude as if Classic Lara is long forgotten and has zero chance at anything just because you favor reboot more in this era.

I am so tired of hearing how nice reboot fans are yet every single day on this forum all they talk about is how unmarkable she is, how she wouldn't sell a dime, how problematic she was during her time in marketing ect ect.

We supposed to rally support for her if we care so much, show them what this fandom wants.

It's hair pulling when people say she isn't marketable or outdated or "ugh so 90's".

How the hell would they know that when they never ever tried. Core ****ed up once and all of sudden we must bury her ass in the sand, let the waves carry her body away from our eyes because she is far too ghastly to sell.

No I won't accept that, tired of losing all the time that's all I ever do. Is it that hard to make classic Lara, even when she wasn't the problem at all?

I just want a piece of pie, is that too much to ask. Rebooters have eaten 3 whole pies and we have had nothing but scraps because they want the dog (us) to stop barking.

I am not gonna stop and shouldn't be given hopelessness and pessimism of classic Lara. They have to bring her back, reboot is already stale, falling apart. People losing interest in her already.
__________________
Black Lives Matter #George Floyd

Last edited by charmedangelin; 09-04-20 at 04:11.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-20, 05:07   #20379
Costel
Archaeologist
 
Costel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 2,336
Default

To the post above:
Like Sora said on another thread. You are having an imaginary argument with people on things that have not being said. No one has a vendetta against classic Lara and classic Tomb Raider. I think that some people that you are fighting with in the last hours have put their names on that forum petition of wanting classic Lara back.
No one and I mean absolutely no one said classic wont work. We just said it wont sell as much as you think.
Now stop putting words in people mouths and stop having argiments with them on things that they have not claimed.
Cant you ****ing accept that other people have a different opinion than you. No one here is stating facts. We just say what we believe. Maybe we are wrong but we have the freedom to do that like you have the freedom to believe a new classic TR game is going to be a massive success.
And absolutely no one claimed that Reboot TR is number one or top 10 in popularity or more marketable.
__________________
Unuratu's death is a poor atempt to squeeze tears from players.

Last edited by Costel; 09-04-20 at 05:08.
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-20, 07:11   #20380
XXIIXX
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 487
Default

You can have a game in the rebooted universe with classic elements (witty Lara, globe-trotting, legacy outfits as unlockables / a side option etc.) without having the same controls that were beginning to feel dated even back in 1998 (just like how many people say Reboot's gameplay is starting to feel stale too)

There's really no need to have one or the other and prefering one over the other doesn't mean you have a personal vendetta against the other side.

Crystal opted for a more practical, realistic and dramatic version of Tomb Raider and it worked very well for half a decade now but it's time to innovate and reevaluate some of their choices.
XXIIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.