www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 24-09-20, 18:28   #811
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

I was reading on the Irish Mirror website that a viewer of the show Operation Transformation which is a show that helps people lose weight has accused the programme of undermining the authority of the state because of how the show measures contestants weight.

On the show which I don't watch because it doesn't interest me they use imperial measurements rather than metric measurements to measure contestants weight.

The complainant states that the metric system was introduced in Ireland in 2005 and is of the view that under Statutory Instrument 225/1992 European Communities (units of Measurements) Regulation 1992 the metric system should be used.

The complainant goes on to say that he believes RTE is breaking the law and in doing so the national broadcaster is undermining the authority of the state.

Does it really matter at the end of the day which measurement system is used, a measurement is a measurement be it either metric or imperial AFAIK there is no legal requirement for one to be used instead of the other.

The complainant who is the latest in a long line of people to complain about things that aren't that big of a deal needs to get a life and stop looking for things to get offended about.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-20, 12:37   #812
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

I was browsing through various Twitter pages last night when I came across this.

I'm so mad they changed Dumbledore's actor.

Someone clearly missed the memo that Richard Harris is dead.

A few years back when dredging was going on in a nearby river there was a minor controversy when someone noticed that instead of removing the stuff from the river they were just dumping it back into the river.

When the company that was in charge of the dredging operation was asked about the stuff being dumped back into the river the excuse they gave was that they were consolidating all the stuff in one place for when it was eventually removed from the river.

I'm no expert on dredging but wouldn't the stuff they dumped back into the river just be carried away by the fast moving water.
Old 17-10-20, 22:08   #813
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Since when has OMG been considered a profanity?

I was looking through the parents guide on IMDB for Jumanji Welcome To The Jungle when I saw OMG had been included in the profanity section.

Who decided that OMG is a profanity, probably a Ned Flanders type who goes through every movie, TV show and video game looking for anything that they consider to be offensive, things which other normal people wouldn't find offensive.

Some people have way too much time on their hands if they think that OMG is a profanity, people like that need to get a life.
Old 17-10-20, 23:10   #814
robm_2007
Legend

Anyone can edit that. I'm sure some prude would flag a movie for "adult innuendo" because a character has "oral" cancer.

Or "mild adult situations" because a woman is seen getting a mammogram (nudity off camera).

Cue Helen Lovejoy screaming here.
Old 18-10-20, 21:32   #815
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
Anyone can edit that. I'm sure some prude would flag a movie for "adult innuendo" because a character has "oral" cancer.

Or "mild adult situations" because a woman is seen getting a mammogram (nudity off camera).

Cue Helen Lovejoy screaming here.
They would go crazy with the Carry On movies, one Helen Lovejoy wouldn't be enough for those movies they'd need an entire army of Helen Lovejoy's.

Giles on Friday nights episode of Gogglebox saying for reasons unknown that he was going to spend the day with his head in a bucket of Dettol, just where does he come up with this 💩 it must be like the movie Inside Out in his head the difference being rather than Joy, Sadness, Anger, Disgust and Fear being in charge Stupidity would be in charge in Giles's head.