Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 12-01-17, 17:29   #111
AkyV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolone View Post

The better method it's that to check always if it is present the cust you are looking for, since it's not sure that level build had always typed it.

Code:
void cbInitLevel(void)
{
	// here you can initialize specific items of currnet level.
	// it will be called only once for level, when all items has been already initialized
	// and just a moment before entering in main game cycle.

if (Get(enumGET.MY_CUSTOMIZE_COMMAND, CUST_START_WEAPON, -1) == true) {
		// it's present a CUST_START_WEAPON
		// now type here the code to manage this customize

}
Since it's not weird that, loading some other level (title or others), there was NO customize for that level.
Everything is okay with that.
I just want to report that I discovered this log message:

Quote:
5500: ERROR: not found my CUSTOMIZE with CUST_ value=1 and (further) ID = -1
Probably for this:

Code:
	//game starting weapon
		short WeaponSlot;
		short AmmoType;
		short AmmoAmount;
		short LaserSightStatus;
		short PistolStatus;

if (Get(enumGET.MY_CUSTOMIZE_COMMAND, CUST_START_WEAPON, -1) == true) {
				Get (enumGET.MY_CUSTOMIZE_COMMAND, CUST_START_WEAPON, -1);

WeaponSlot = GET.pCust->pVetArg[0];
				AmmoType = GET.pCust->pVetArg[1];
				AmmoAmount = GET.pCust->pVetArg[2];
				LaserSightStatus = GET.pCust->pVetArg[3];
				PistolStatus = GET.pCust->pVetArg[4];
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 20:10   #112
Paolone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
Thanks. I was stuck when I saw FROOM. I mean, I should have found out that it is F - lags- room. And if I search for "flagsroom", then I go to StrRoomTr4. Which goes to pRoom, which goes to GET_ROOM.
How logical!

It seems I need some more time to get used to VC++ logic...
Really you need more time because you begins from a worse situation.
That fact you cann't verify members of structurs or enum constants, simply trying to type name and "." (or ->) it's a big issue.
I've not become resigned about fixing that problem.

I found a lot of suggestion about that but perhaps it's better it was you to read them and perform some attempt.
Here you can find a forum where this problem has been managed and fixed: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7...topped-working

Technical note: the "intellisense", whose they are talking, is that feature of Visual Studio that handles auto enums and other interactive infos in the editor.
That is the issue to fix.
Paolone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 20:14   #113
VictorXD

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but is anyone working on a reverb/echo dll?
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 20:20   #114
Paolone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
Everything is okay with that.
I just want to report that I discovered this log message:
You're right, it's a mistake giving an error message for that situation, just a warning and perhaps neither that it's necessary when it's missing a specific ID.

I'll fix it in next update.
Old 12-01-17, 20:27   #115
Paolone

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but is anyone working on a reverb/echo dll?
It's Joey79100 to work on it.

Oh great, it's for this that I created plugin creature: now the guilty for delay it could be another guy.
Old 12-01-17, 20:27   #116
AkyV

Quote:

I found a lot of suggestion about that but perhaps it's better it was you to read them and perform some attempt.
Here you can find a forum where this problem has been managed and fixed: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7...topped-working
In "Statement completion" both Auto list members and Parameter information are checked in my VC. But Hide advanced members is grey, I can't check it even if I want. Does it mean anything?
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 20:36   #117
Paolone

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidanmalone View Post
I'm sorry if this is considered spam, I do apologise

I just want to say well done to everyone who's contributing to this, I know nothing about DLL or coding but everyone is so dedicated to the new TRNG and it's so amazing to see new features arriving and being worked on!

Keep up the good work everyone
I'm happy to see how there was interest for plugin opportunities, too.
Old 12-01-17, 20:36   #118
VictorXD

Quote:
It's Joey79100 to work on it.

Oh great, it's for this that I created plugin creature: now the guilty for delay it could be another guy.
Gotta share that blame.

Thanks for the reply. Awaiting eargerly
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 20:38   #119
-Roli-

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Gotta share that blame.

Thanks for the reply. Awaiting eargerly
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta View Post
I'm having some troubles with the plugins:
I sent my level to my testers but when they execute the tomb4.exe this error message pops up:

The level works properly on my computer, but i tried on my brother's pc and it gets the same error.
I included in my package the following files:
  • Data folder with logo, title and level
  • Script.dat and English.dat
  • Load.bmp
  • Tomb4.exe
  • Tomb_NextGeneration.dll
  • PlugIn_trng.dll
I also tried with the unmodified "plugin_trng_start_vc2010_sources" dll but nothing changes.
If it's true that a plugin injects its new features into a 1.3.0.0+ TRNG level, then no other files should be needed, then why i'm getting this message?
I suppose it happens when you try to play a level with plugins on a computer without the latest NG Center installed
Same problem here!! :/

--------
Sorry for the guys!
-Roli- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 20:49   #120
Paolone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta View Post
I'm having some troubles with the plugins:
I sent my level to my testers but when they execute the tomb4.exe this error message pops up:

The level works properly on my computer, but i tried on my brother's pc and it gets the same error.
I included in my package the following files:
  • Data folder with logo, title and level
  • Script.dat and English.dat
  • Load.bmp
  • Tomb4.exe
  • Tomb_NextGeneration.dll
  • PlugIn_trng.dll
I also tried with the unmodified "plugin_trng_start_vc2010_sources" dll but nothing changes.
If it's true that a plugin injects its new features into a 1.3.0.0+ TRNG level, then no other files should be needed, then why i'm getting this message?
I suppose it happens when you try to play a level with plugins on a computer without the latest NG Center installed
First point I want reminding is: if you mean use some new stuff (like objects: cleaner and SW robot, mechwarrior or crane) do not use the plugin_trng.dll but the specific plugins: plugin_cleaner.dll, plugin_sw_robot.dll (ect).
The reason is that, the plugin_trng.dll, was only the result of a long serie of exercises, those of tutorial for plugins, but it is not suggested to be distributed since there are many useless features (like some patches) created only for didactic purposes.
Said this, I can suppose some reason for that problem:

- You used the "debug" version of plugin_trng.dll but the "debug" version cann't work outside of pc where it has been developed. You should use always the .dll (plugin_trng.dll in this case) that you find in "release" subfolder of plugin_sdk_store\plugin\... folders.

- Your script.dat has not been built with ng_center 1.5 .. release.

Anyway you should ask to your betatester to read the "PlugIn_trng_warm_up_log.txt" file in trle folder to see if there are more infos about this problem.

Edit:
Note: when I said to do not use plugin_trng.dll I meant the final release of plugin_trng, of course, only to use its new objects.
Anyway this speech is different if that plugin_trng.dll is simply your "personal" plugin with some new features of yours. In this case my only suggestion is to remember to change its name before official distribution.

Last edited by Paolone; 12-01-17 at 20:55.