Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 08-04-19, 22:09   #2921
tomee

I actually really liked last night. Maybe it was because I had super low expectations going in and I spent the past 2-3 months complaining on Twitter, but the end results made up for it. Only thing I didn't like was The Revival losing on the kickoff... to Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder... in a match that was put together in 3 days on twitter... out of thin air... It just made no sense whatsoever.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 23:27   #2922
TRhalloween

I watched a bit of that match on my phone, as I was on my way to someone else's house to watch mania. I heard the disgusted screaming as I walked up the stairs.

Apparently, this is the longest ppv that the wwe has ever produced. I want to say it felt like it but they all blend together once they get around the 4 hour mark.

Edit: That Trip vs Batista match was a low point, it just draaaagged.

Last edited by TRhalloween; 08-04-19 at 23:31.
TRhalloween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-19, 08:11   #2923
Mani_Man

Wrestlemania was better than expected but far too long.
6 hours is just too much, especially when there arent many matches that are fast paced to keep you awake.

To me, Mcintrye vs Reigns was the low point of the show...completely useless and the cruiserweights could have used that place instead better.

Batista vs HHH was suprisingly good, yeah it was a bit too long but the stuff those two guys took and dished out...wow.
Especially considering batista is what? 50...the kind of bumps he took was really something.

Nice that Kofi won, a bit said that Mustafa Ali was reduced to the pre show...Kofis night, his momentum would have been Alis...but im glad kofi finally gets the recognition he deserves.

Of course nice that becky won too, a bit of a strange ending and it seems like it was botched...but its awesome that she won.

Revival has been treated awfully, its sad to see how the whole tag team division suffers from people who dont know how to handle it.

They ruined the show a bit early for me when the brought in Hogan...but they made up for that later.

It was a better show than i expected but there are still worlds between NXT Takeover and WM...takeover is just magic and what makes wrestling so much fun.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-19, 11:10   #2924
Dazzy

I can't believe Ashley Massaro has passed away, R.I.P to her. She won the Diva's Search in 2005, teamed up with Trish, feuded with Mickie James, and had some deserved success in WWE. God damn it this is shocking what has happened, she will be missed. The tough part about Ashley'S passing is this......she was born on May 26th, the same day I was born. I will forever have a connection with her, and I will always think of her whenever May 26th comes. I'll miss you Ashley, you were good in WWE, and you did anything to win
Dazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-19, 11:22   #2925
Mani_Man

Just saw it, thats really tragic.
She even trained for a comeback and all...really heartbreaking.
39 is no age to die, its so sad.

Last edited by Mani_Man; 18-05-19 at 18:27.
Old 18-05-19, 18:23   #2926
TRhalloween

It seems like she was suffering from depression. RIP, Ashley.
TRhalloween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 13:03   #2927
tomee

Did anyone watch Wrestlemania?

I'm really disappointed with some of the results, but besides that I was pleasantly surprised. It was a solid event, or I should say events. Even with no live crowd they made it work
Old 06-04-20, 14:29   #2928
Mani_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Did anyone watch Wrestlemania?

I'm really disappointed with some of the results, but besides that I was pleasantly surprised. It was a solid event, or I should say events. Even with no live crowd they made it work
Honestly i found the results being fine, the rest is what dissapointed me.
Sure the LMS, Boneyard, the Funhouse match, Rhea vs Charlotte were fantastic...but overall it was imo not good.

Not for the circumstances and not for a Wrestlemania.
Alone that most of the wrestling was on a weekly show level, is not good.
You would think at PPVs the wrestling is far more spectacular and strong, but most was what you see in every Weekly episode.

I still stand by that the even should never have happened in the first place.
I applaude the wrestlers and everybody who worked on it, trying to put on a show in these times...but it wasnt a Wrestlemania to me.
It was two B or C ppvs.
Old 15-04-20, 21:26   #2929
tomee

Some interesting developments in WWE right now.

- The XFL filed for bankruptcy
- WWE programming resumed as scheduled after the governor of Florida deemed it as essential business. (It's clear as day there's bribery involved because just a week ago the state wanted WWE suspended until the pandemic is over)
- Linda McMahon donated 12B $ to Trump
- WWE went on a MASSIVE firing spree. They've released 20+ superstars so far and still more are coming. They also suspended the majority of their producers for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
Honestly i found the results being fine, the rest is what dissapointed me.
Sure the LMS, Boneyard, the Funhouse match, Rhea vs Charlotte were fantastic...but overall it was imo not good.

Not for the circumstances and not for a Wrestlemania.
Alone that most of the wrestling was on a weekly show level, is not good.
You would think at PPVs the wrestling is far more spectacular and strong, but most was what you see in every Weekly episode.

I still stand by that the even should never have happened in the first place.
I applaude the wrestlers and everybody who worked on it, trying to put on a show in these times...but it wasnt a Wrestlemania to me.
It was two B or C ppvs.
To each their own. I thought the matches were all solid. Granted that's because the event was taped with no audiences so they could just have however many takes they needed to get every sequence, every move nailed, but I found it really enjoyable anyway.
Old 17-04-20, 15:08   #2930
Mani_Man

Quote:
Some interesting developments in WWE right now.

- The XFL filed for bankruptcy
- WWE programming resumed as scheduled after the governor of Florida deemed it as essential business. (It's clear as day there's bribery involved because just a week ago the state wanted WWE suspended until the pandemic is over)
- Linda McMahon donated 12B $ to Trump
- WWE went on a MASSIVE firing spree. They've released 20+ superstars so far and still more are coming. They also suspended the majority of their producers for now.
-Too bad for the XFL, it seemed to do surprisingly well and gained fast a lot of fans.
The timing was just really awful for it.

-"Essential business" where the employees have awful contracts where they risk there healthy especially in these times far more than they would need.

-Oh for sure is there bribery...this is the wwe afterall.
Its not really a surprise that they pulled this off, but that any government goes with that is a bit imo...even though the mcmahons are good friends with Trump.

-Yup, that is ****ing awful.
The thing is that they even said they have 500 million dollar on the side and the tv contracts give them a lot of additional money no matter what.
They bought everybody they could get their hands on just so that the AEW or Indy leagues cant get people, now they threw them away because they know that currently nobody is hiring because nobody can hold shows.
And worst of all is this constant bull**** about them saying the words "family" the wwe is family and all that...but fire people during a pandemic, people they had no problem paying before.

They could have kept those people the next 6-8 months easily until things get better.

Quote:
To each their own. I thought the matches were all solid. Granted that's because the event was taped with no audiences so they could just have however many takes they needed to get every sequence, every move nailed, but I found it really enjoyable anyway.
Thats the thing, it was all very solid...but for a WM i personally expect more than solid.
Solid are weeklys imo, for the greatest wrestling event i just want more.