www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 05-10-18, 13:20   #19451
LegendLuvr24
Archaeologist

Am I the only one who is playing the game with the original blocky TR2 Lara? lol. It's so unrealistic yes, but there's something about the original outfit that just changes the vibe of the game for me. Makes it feel like a classic game. I really wish they had made a next gen, realistic redo of the original outfit as an unlockable.
Old 05-10-18, 16:15   #19452
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

WTH those who complained to the game to be so short and finished in 10h in Facebook ? Did they play crypts and side tombs, aka the most essential things of the game ?
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-18, 16:20   #19453
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
WTH those who complained to the game to be so short and finished in 10h in Facebook ? Did they play crypts and side tombs, aka the most essential things of the game ?
It more disturbs me that they think 10 hours is short.

These people would riot if they played Legend. (I like Legend but holy crap is it way too short, The Gold expansions take longer to finish)

Last edited by Samz; 05-10-18 at 16:23.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-18, 16:29   #19454
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
These people would riot if they played Legend. (I like Legend but holy crap is it way too short, The Gold expansions take longer to finish)
Probably they did at the time, it's my number one complain about the game.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-18, 17:36   #19455
just*raidin*tomb
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanosCroft View Post
Where's the accolades trailer?
Because it doesn't have any and doesn't deserve them tbh. (I like the game ok, just saying)

Quote:
I mean the game felt really short to me as well. Side stuff isn't important or vital, so if it's not on the main path why would anyone be motivated to do them? Especially when there isn't a good enough incentive to complete them. Even if it's the best content in the game, the developers seem best on making sure Tomb Raider's name is in the side stuff.

Last edited by just*raidin*tomb; 05-10-18 at 17:40.
just*raidin*tomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-18, 17:50   #19456
SpyrosMonster
Relic Hunter

Quote:
If those were the most essential things of the game they would've been front and center and certainly not titled as side tombs, side quests etc.

The most essential thing of the game is the story part, which was short and half of it cutscenes. 10h is pretty generous too.
Me and my other two friends that I lent my PS4 to finished the game in around 7 hours.

Last edited by SpyrosMonster; 05-10-18 at 17:53.
SpyrosMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-18, 18:20   #19457
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
In all honesty I donít think these people played the game any way other than to complete it as quickly as possible including skipping cut scenes- I played the game over a period of one evening and the following afternoon and evening just folllowing the main path (I did one side tomb and one crypt) and it took me at least 12/13 hours.
Old 05-10-18, 18:23   #19458
SpyrosMonster
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
In all honesty I don’t think these people played the game any way other than to complete it as quickly as possible including skipping cut scenes- I played the game over a period of one evening and the following afternoon and evening just folllowing the main path (I did one side tomb and one crypt) and it took me at least 12/13 hours.
Nice theory. I truly wish it was true but if you follow the story path it's only 7 hours of gameplay (without skipping cutscenes).
It took me 7 hours the first time on one with the jungle difficulty.

EDIT: I should clarify that this video has a few cuts when Lara is doing puzzles because it took them some time to figure it out which is understandable.
That's why I'd add 30 extra minutes to this video's time run.

Last edited by SpyrosMonster; 05-10-18 at 18:27.
SpyrosMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-18, 18:33   #19459
tomee
Tomb Raider

Now that the inventory glitch was fixed, I was finally able to go back and pick up the remaining few relics and caches. I must say... while I love Shadow a lot and I love it the most in the trilogy, the collectibles system was a major flaw. Rise already made it feel like a chore to get the game to 100%, but this... somehow it went from worse to worser. They went so overboard and the ingame map is even more useless than it was in Rise. I didn't have any fun at all trying to find all 34 caches in Paititi for example. It felt like doing homework as opposed to a fun challenge.
Old 05-10-18, 18:40   #19460
laracroftswest
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Now that the inventory glitch was fixed, I was finally able to go back and pick up the remaining few relics and caches. I must say... while I love Shadow a lot and I love it the most in the trilogy, the collectibles system was a major flaw. Rise already made it feel like a chore to get the game to 100%, but this... somehow it went from worse to worser. They went so overboard and the ingame map is even more useless than it was in Rise. I didn't have any fun at all trying to find all 34 caches in Paititi for example. It felt like doing homework as opposed to a fun challenge.
Interesting that you say that. I found the collecting in the Siberian Wilderness to be an absolute chore and even sometimes hard but not in a good way. I had caches that wouldn't show up as collectible yet I knew they were there among a few other annoying little things. It felt pretty fun this go round though in Shadow. Oh well, just different I suppose
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote