Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 19-06-21, 23:36   #1
TRJTA

Lightbulb HELP WANTED! In need of wav2awd tool

Reborninshadows is working on restoring long lost dialogue of The Angel of Darkness into the game. He already added a lot of lines back in but some of them can only be added back in by replacing audio files within the game. The audio files are stored in the AWD files. In 2004 someone created a tool awd2wav that can successfully unpack these AWD files to the original .wav files. Sadly there is no tool that can repack the wav files to AWD.

If there is someone who is capable of programming, would you want to help us restore AOD to it's glory and create a tool that can do this? If interested, I can share with you the awd2wav tool. Inspecting this tool might give insight in how to create a tool for the conversion the other way around.

We hope someone is out there we can help!
TRJTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-21, 02:57   #2
mizuno_suisei

I've enquired similar before - except for the purpose of getting the japanese steams (which are dual channel) which awd2wav does not handle. The source code is apparently long lost/never released according to a few in the TRAOD modding community.

Novydisk managed to do it with their inhouse software in 2007 (?) In russia for their semi-amateur dub - but weve never seen their kit released.

Sadly I doubt many would just do this for fun....would take alot of work! But, best of luck! And I will be following
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-21, 07:58   #3
TRJTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
I've enquired similar before - except for the purpose of getting the japanese steams (which are dual channel) which awd2wav does not handle. The source code is apparently long lost/never released according to a few in the TRAOD modding community.

Novydisk managed to do it with their inhouse software in 2007 (?) In russia for their semi-amateur dub - but weve never seen their kit released.

Sadly I doubt many would just do this for fun....would take alot of work! But, best of luck! And I will be following
Novydisk? You mean they managed to import audio files into the game???? That means they were able to make it work. Who are they and can they be contacted?
Old 20-06-21, 17:27   #4
mizuno_suisei

I'm not sure of the confusion hah!

It was made years after AOD so, I assume it was done using their own dev software as Core had well disbanded by this time. There is also a full second of silence before and after each russian speech cue (tell tale sign of non official moddery?)

Asked a bit much again maybe...novydisk are/were a pirate become professional company. They did the official RUS TR4 and TR5 too. AOD however, this was done in 2007 so...I dont imagine it be easy or if they'd keep any of the tools they once used. Who knows!
Old 22-06-21, 16:46   #5
TRJTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
I'm not sure of the confusion hah!

It was made years after AOD so, I assume it was done using their own dev software as Core had well disbanded by this time. There is also a full second of silence before and after each russian speech cue (tell tale sign of non official moddery?)

Asked a bit much again maybe...novydisk are/were a pirate become professional company. They did the official RUS TR4 and TR5 too. AOD however, this was done in 2007 so...I dont imagine it be easy or if they'd keep any of the tools they once used. Who knows!
Ah that is interesting, thanks. I guess we'll never find out though
Old 04-07-21, 19:32   #6
PostArcade17
Inactive

Reborn or Cast into a Shadows... You guys know the deleted Trailer I Guess!

The news is if the Monsieurs, Kryptonite 'Planet' livers should know the so called 'Conventer.exe' is not available as far as we know. But you can try to type to any web search site.
Good luck.

Mention 'TRAOD modding community' Eh? The link was definetly there in TR AOD Tools.

And There's the wonderer.
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=187065
Even if anybody smash the console, the warning is there: 'Dangerous File Blocked'.

They were all enough 'bad' to try not to enter the 'Strahova Complexium' .

Anyway I'm sure Putai and also Luther not in the game at all - not planted into the gamefile and no mesh video for it- so why is the hurry?

---
Anyway,
if Core Design had it why are the files disappeared? (yeah E. I.)
The actors for the game maybe didn't remember all the stuff what they said in the before released year to the micropone.
Thus Murti's Doc not big enough to read at once?
---
For sure even You can voice Pierre or Luddick for a better voice.
PostArcade17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-21, 19:35   #7
mizuno_suisei

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostArcade17 View Post
' .

Anyway I'm sure Putai and also Luther not in the game at all - not planted into the gamefile and no mesh video for it- so why is the hurry?

---
Anyway,
if Core Design had it why are the files disappeared? (yeah E. I.)
The actors for the game maybe didn't remember all the stuff what they said in the before released year to the micropone.
Thus Murti's Doc not big enough to read at once?
---
For sure even You can voice Pierre or Luddick for a better voice.
This has totally lost me sorry

Weve clarified awd2wav doesnt work here sadly for repacking.

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 04-07-21 at 19:36.