Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 14-07-21, 19:06   #1
Flash112

Question TREP for other engines?

Is there any plans for making a version of TREP for the other engines? I feel like those of us who make levels for the TR1-3 and 5 are rather limited in comparison to TR4 and have less flexability on what we can make.

It would open up the door for lots more possibilities for TRLEs in the other games, such as removing the globe from TR3 to make a more straightforward adventure. Does anyone have anything regarding this?
Flash112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-22, 14:37   #2
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Speaking about this. I hope there's a way to upgrade TR2'S game engine with Lara's animations so she will have the opportunity to crawl, roll, sprint and monkey swing. Just like they did for the E3 1998 version of TR3. So do you know if it's possible how we can mod TR2'S engine for that.
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-22, 17:53   #3
CircusBabysGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer View Post
Speaking about this. I hope there's a way to upgrade TR2'S game engine with Lara's animations so she will have the opportunity to crawl, roll, sprint and monkey swing. Just like they did for the E3 1998 version of TR3. So do you know if it's possible how we can mod TR2'S engine for that.
Well, we would need Tomb Raider 2's source code, programmer scripts, wad's, level map's, basically the entire game decompiled to the absolute core, or a full on developer file, and then rewrite the games coding and import the sprinting and crawling animations to do that, to which I wonder why you wouldnt just play the TR2 Conversion.
CircusBabysGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-22, 18:14   #4
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircusBabysGal View Post
Well, we would need Tomb Raider 2's source code, programmer scripts, wad's, level map's, basically the entire game decompiled to the absolute core, or a full on developer file, and then rewrite the games coding and import the sprinting and crawling animations to do that, to which I wonder why you wouldnt just play the TR2 Conversion.
Because I didn't want to play that with the TR4 engine that's why I'm interested to upgrade with the TR2 engine with all the rest of those animations just like when Core add all that in for the E3 1998 version of TR3 to begin with
Old 15-03-22, 00:26   #5
mizuno_suisei

Quote:
Because I didn't want to play that with the TR4 engine that's why I'm interested to upgrade with the TR2 engine with all the rest of those animations just like when Core add all that in for the E3 1998 version of TR3 to begin with
And weve said it a few times now, E3 had those features because, it was the next product after TR2, and a pre release of tr3.. CircusBabysGal explained exactly how it works. We dont have most of those things available to us. The game is fine as is

To original poster- you could get crafty with hex comparison- by making a customized trle exe with TREP, comparing it to the original one, then finding those relevant offsets in the other games. I do this for example to, give lara stronger or weaker weapons in tr23or5 and various other things.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-22, 02:01   #6
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
And weve said it a few times now, E3 had those features because, it was the next product after TR2, and a pre release of tr3.. CircusBabysGal explained exactly how it works. We dont have most of those things available to us. The game is fine as is

To original poster- you could get crafty with hex comparison- by making a customized trle exe with TREP, comparing it to the original one, then finding those relevant offsets in the other games. I do this for example to, give lara stronger or weaker weapons in tr23or5 and various other things.
Is there even a tutorial you can show me how I can do that? I need that so I can understand this if I decide to try doing this. This is new to me now because I never used any customizable trle exe with TREP. And what can I do with the "original one"? You see everything what you're telling me now, I don't know how to use those things. That's why you should give a youtube video tutorial so I can learn how to do those things. Even I basically need to learn how to find the relevant offsets in the other games. So can you please give me a tutorial with everything what you said to me from your latest post right now? I need help with this.
Old 15-03-22, 02:15   #7
mizuno_suisei

I was referring to Flash112 who has asked about porting some TREP related features to other TR games
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-22, 03:24   #8
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
I was referring to Flash112 who has asked about porting some TREP related features to other TR games
Ok but I thought you were talking to me because you basically quoted my post like as if it was a reply.
Old 15-03-22, 19:28   #9
Acacea

Quote:
Why would you not use the TR4 engine anyway? It just seems so unnecessary to try and add all of what you're wanting to add into the Tomb Raider II engine, and it is just virtually impossible at this point without the resources CircusBaby mentioned. It's just so much effort for such little reward. If you want to sprint or crawl so bad, just use the TR4 engine. I'm so confused at this point.
Acacea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-22, 01:23   #10
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acacea View Post
Why would you not use the TR4 engine anyway? It just seems so unnecessary to try and add all of what you're wanting to add into the Tomb Raider II engine, and it is just virtually impossible at this point without the resources CircusBaby mentioned. It's just so much effort for such little reward. If you want to sprint or crawl so bad, just use the TR4 engine. I'm so confused at this point.
How do you know if it's impossible to try to upgrade TR2'S game engine with all these animations for Lara? Now if any of you are a fanatic about these things then can you please educate me about this? There's a lot more I need to learn about how is it possible or impossible for me to upgrade TR2'S game engine like this.