Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 10-08-12, 22:07   #111
Laras Boyfr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceamonks890 View Post
So, what does the FRONTEND level file look like, since you can't load up the level through the SCU?
Its just the circle which rotates in the main menu of the game
Laras Boyfr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-12, 22:28   #112
Ceamonks890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laras Boyfr. View Post
Its just the circle which rotates in the main menu of the game
Ah Well, that makes sense.
Ceamonks890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-12, 11:28   #113
sasho648

Playing with the Tomb Raider AOD source (yes, really IDA Pro combined with the traod debug symbols and the debugger makes you feel like you have the source) I found interesting camera functions. They contain an variable which have the camera mode. Here are the modes:

12 - Camera_DevelopmentModule
11 - Camera_Free
9 - Camera_CombatCamera
8 - Camera_InGameCinematic
6 - Camera_CutScene
5 - Camera_Conversation
4 - Camera_StickCamera
3 - Camera_LookCamera
2 - mapPlatformAlloc
1 - Camera_Chase
0 - Camera_Trigger

I used the Camera_DevelopmentModule and see what is the result:

I think maybe we was can edit the game gmx levels from the ps2 version. Unfortunately I can't get work this on pc cause the pad is used from ps2 but I'll try to import some buttons from pc keypad to the ps2 one and try to click one of the buttons on the right. Soon I'll develop app for changing camera at runtime. The other camera modes doesn't seem very interesting, with the Camera_Free mode you can move the camera free where you want in the scene, the Camera_CombatCamera crashes and this for now.
sasho648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-12, 19:46   #114
sasho648

Got it work on ps2 (psx2 emu). Found the function in the elf file do some (*#*# HEX editing) and now I have the hacked elf file with working development mode. I'll soon burn this on a dvd and test it on my ps2. Here is a video of it(bad quality it's emualtor!):

EDIT: LOL Lara sounds like an idiot (turn off the sound)

Last edited by sasho648; 22-08-12 at 19:50.
Old 22-08-12, 21:02   #115
sackboy123

Lara looks hot when shes moving in slow motion
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-12, 21:16   #116
[Xmas]

You managed to make a dramatic art-movie out of 30 seconds long ingame footage
[Xmas] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-12, 16:13   #117
sasho648

Thanks (but that wasn't my target).

I'm researching the input controls system and I found something interesting. It seems that mode (camera development) is activated and controlled by the second pad. This means you move lara\kurtis with the first pad and the camera\menu options with the second pad. This sounds very simple but the second controller isn't functionality. That's way I change the address of the second controller object to point the first controller. With this the menu can be selected but the buttons of the pad have two meanings so it's a little buggy. Here's a video on the pc version:

EDIT: This menu is used for configuring the .CBH file in the .GMX archive. With it you can create sliders (a string of switchable cameras) on specified trigger and lonely cameras again on trigger. Then you can save or load .CBH file. You can make modes like this but with user-friendly interface from the game. You can too delete triggers. Soon I'll upload the ps2 .elf file with the hacked pad.

EDIT: The ps2 ELF file download link: https://rapidshare.com/files/1090610..._512_MODED.rar
This elf will actie the camera debug menu when while in-game you press the start button.

Last edited by sasho648; 01-10-12 at 07:58.
Old 01-10-12, 08:03   #118
sasho648

My TRAODLE Project is now officially closed because the many errors and bugs . Now I decide to make new project, which target will be to dissasemle Tomb Raider Aod (in other words to get it full source code).
Old 01-10-12, 08:48   #119
Barry Matharoo

Sounds cool! I wish u best and may u have loads of inspiration to see the project through
Barry Matharoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-12, 09:53   #120
sasho648

Thanks .

For now I was able to decompile the command class used for storing parameters passed to the game (like -selectlevel, -level= etc.). The source with small example.

So I will be happy for any help (I repeat) because now I will be able do set tasks unlike before. There are functions that I can decompile myself cause my limited knowledges.