www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 16-03-18, 17:03   #6241
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
you'll be able to run it at higher framerates
I don't think so. The game was still in alpha stage, so I don't think that at that point in production the game was able to run in constant 30fps even on official devkit (which probably had better specs than regular PSP).
I'd say it is even less probable that an unfinished product would run well on an emulator. Released games often have framerate problems even on original hardware, let alone when emulated. I'd go as far as to say the game wouldn't even run on emulators without special treatment from emulator developers.

The game would probably work best on official PSP devkit.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-19, 13:38   #6242
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Sorry to bump..

Does anyone have any details on level specific things..

I'm trying to remake TRAE/TR1 Natla's Mines and wondered if there was much info on the level design etc

The level seemed to have two stages during development - the ex Nazi base theme - and another design which matched more closely to TR1's original design.
I have textures and screens from the net and Tomb of Ash's website.

Anyone shed any light on this? Or maybe thats all the info we have
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-19, 14:59   #6243
Heartache
Professor

have you seen the flyby through the whole level?
Old 13-05-19, 15:20   #6244
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartache View Post
have you seen the flyby through the whole level?
Yes, I tried to screengrab as much as I could. Sadly I think it only covers a small amount.
I'm trying to find as much info as I possibly can.

From the looks of things, the beta version had a submarine - remnants of the Nazi base idea..
I wonder if this would have replaced the floating boat Lara uses to reach the crates area.

The screenshots from Tomb of Ash which showcase the entire level from above is useful, but the resolution is low - meaning its impossible to inspect further..
Old 13-05-19, 20:10   #6245
Samz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Sorry to bump..

Does anyone have any details on level specific things..

I'm trying to remake TRAE/TR1 Natla's Mines and wondered if there was much info on the level design etc

The level seemed to have two stages during development - the ex Nazi base theme - and another design which matched more closely to TR1's original design.
I have textures and screens from the net and Tomb of Ash's website.

Anyone shed any light on this? Or maybe thats all the info we have
Wait so Natla's Mines was going to be a Nazi Base?
Old 13-05-19, 20:43   #6246
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Well.. more like Natla re-purposed an old abandoned Nazi base

Or who knows, maybe she had something to do with it also - she does live a long time.

My guess is they removed all the emblems and references to be more politically correct or whatever - no idea
Old 13-05-19, 22:56   #6247
Boobandie
Professor

You've got the timeline backwards, the Nazi stuff was never part of TRAE. Look at the trailers we got.

Those decorations were added after the game was cancelled, when they were pitching an Indiana Jones game to LucasArts, Natla's mines was redecorated and an Indy model made but it never took off.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-19, 07:25   #6248
Ruu11
Explorer

I find funny the fact that people hates TRA for being not loyable to the original game, when it's literally identical in mostly areas of every single location. Look at TRAE, looks more like a re-imagined version of TR1 (and i love it) but well... TRA was amazing tbh
Old 14-05-19, 08:03   #6249
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruu11 View Post
I find funny the fact that people hates TRA for being not loyable to the original game, when it's literally identical in mostly areas of every single location. Look at TRAE, looks more like a re-imagined version of TR1 (and i love it) but well... TRA was amazing tbh
'Most' areas?

A few areas, sure. St Franchis Folly was well-done. But that's offset by design choices in levels like Tomb of Tihocan (which was a merger of the original Tomb of Tihocan level and The Cistern), the entire Lost Island section (which bears only a passing resemblance once you actually reach the pyramid), Tomb of Qualopec (only the main room itself resembles anything from the original level).

What was there was mostly well-done IMO, but there are some truly baffling changes to the game.
Old 14-05-19, 10:58   #6250
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
You've got the timeline backwards, the Nazi stuff was never part of TRAE. Look at the trailers we got.

Those decorations were added after the game was cancelled, when they were pitching an Indiana Jones game to LucasArts, Natla's mines was redecorated and an Indy model made but it never took off.
Really? Wow, this I did not know haha