Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 05-09-19, 10:02   #11
Tonyrobinson

It should hopefully start coming together soon if it's shooting early next year. I'm hopeful we will atleast hear some locations sprouting up soon. If its beginning production next year it must be progressing fast.

Generation Z is also getting shot next year but will apparently premiere in late 2020 or early 2021 my guess is that he will focus on Tomb Raider first then shoot his series.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 05-09-19 at 10:16.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 13:11   #12
TrustyBow

I wonder if Roar left, willingly. The guy seems nice but he just wasn't the right pick for the first movie. It could've been studio interference but the films direction just seemed so lifeless.

The fact that Wheatleys directing and his wifes writing is a good sign that we'll get minimal studio meddling.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 13:18   #13
Tonyrobinson

Has it been confirmed in the latest report that Warner Bros are back producing? I know they mentioned it in the first report when Amy was hired but they didn't mention them in the official press report from Deadline.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 14:23   #14
AimlessThunder

AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 14:25   #15
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
Has it been confirmed in the latest report that Warner Bros are back producing? I know they mentioned it in the first report when Amy was hired but they didn't mention them in the official press report from Deadline.
Warner was only here for the distribution of the movie not as a producer.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 14:44   #16
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
Warner was only here for the distribution of the movie not as a producer.
Hopefully they distribute the movie on a better date.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 14:54   #17
GeekOfComedy

September 2021 would be a perfect release date for it although audiences could be adventured out by Indy 5. It's a tough situation, I do believe it needs to come out before Indy 5 as they will get the same audiences. Look at Yesterday VS Blinded by the Light on a smaller scale or the scare Jumanji 2 had when Jungle Cruise was gonna come out 3 months before it. Needs to come out before Indy 5 or they hold it to 2022. Only nice thing about March 21st is that it has a nice run way till May 5th as only Fast and Furious 10 comes out in April but THAT WONT make the release date.

In fact: come to think of it, March 21st is a great release date for Tomb Raider 2. Maybe MGM should just distribute it although they killed Dragon Tattoo #2.

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 05-09-19 at 15:00.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 14:55   #18
NoahCrofRaider

I really hope this movie kicks butt on many fronts. Give us more sequels!
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 15:07   #19
GeekOfComedy

I really wonder what's in that script that has MGM creaming themselves to make a sequel so quickly. That flew - I mean Jump only wrote a treatment which Vikander liked in April and now the script is at the point they've attached Wheatley and want to make this thing.

Guess we'll see!
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 15:19   #20
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
I really wonder what's in that script that has MGM creaming themselves to make a sequel so quickly. That flew - I mean Jump only wrote a treatment which Vikander liked in April and now the script is at the point they've attached Wheatley and want to make this thing.

Guess we'll see!
Quite. That also means it’ll get a little more time in the oven too, and perhaps better (and longer) marketing/advertising - both unlike the first one.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote