Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Closed Thread

Old 24-01-20, 20:49   #251
Lwmte

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Installed plugins involving new flipeffects/conditions etc aren't showing when I use Tomb Editor.. they do however show up in NGLE.
Any reason why this is?
There is a thread called TE - Frequently Asked Questions. I recommend you to read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMN View Post
That's not entirely true, plugin trigger format is documented here
It's documented for users only. Format which is used to keep plugin triggers in TRNG footer in tr4 level file was never documented.
Old 24-01-20, 21:33   #252
JMN

Format is very similar to other TRNG triggers, just prefixed with 01, 02, etc. corresponding to the plugin ID, e.g.

Code:
; Set Trigger Type - FLIPEFFECT 583
; Exporting: TRIGGER(1:0) for FLIPEFFECT(583) {Plugin_AkyVMix01}
; <#> : Camera. <&> Start/stop forcing "look" camera to keep the view 
; <&> : Start
; (E) : 
; WARNING:
; If you'll give this trigger to other people or you'll use it with a script.txt different than current
; you should add to the script, first of triggergroup where you'll use this trigger, the following line:
; #define @Plugin_AkyVMix01  4
; Values to add in script command: $042000, 583, $1
Or is it about the internal format stored in the compiled level?

Even if it couldn't be placed in the map, it would've still been useful having it listed and exportable in the editor.
Old 24-01-20, 21:45   #253
Lwmte

Quote:
Even if it couldn't be placed in the map, it would've still been useful having it listed and exportable in the editor.
I can only welcome such effort, if someone is willing to do that
Old 25-01-20, 09:37   #254
Die Basis

Quote:

Yes, I would welcome that as well. At the moment I only have a NGLE with the new Plugin Trigger from AKyV on my hard disk to be able to export them and put them into a Triggergroup to be useable in TE.
Old 25-01-20, 10:30   #255
Lwmte

I think we need some kind of utility which will generate exported plugin triggers. If nobody is able to do that (I'll pass because I know absolutely nothing related to TRNG), then one just needs to "extract" this functionality from NGLE trigger window to separate program in the same way as TIDE externally calls NG_Center script compiler and suppresses all its prompts and windows.
Old 25-01-20, 10:38   #256
AkyV

If it happens then please also try to remake Trigger's Help and Trigger's Remark functions of NGLE Set Triggers Type panel, because I added more or less detailed descriptions to more than 90 % of my plugin triggers. (Can be also read in TRG file with the plugin.)

Anyway, Paolone also started adding descriptions to his trng.dll triggers in the past, so some of them already have them.
A good question that how can they be expanded, anyway. Technically, I mean (i.e. no TRG file for that). Because the one who writes the missing descriptions to them is another question now - I can take this writing personally, anyway.
Old 26-01-20, 16:04   #257
dcw123

OK so I've been using T.E all day today - no issues.

Went to load the editor again (it was set to auto load last project) and the entire 3D window is white with a big red cross through it.
I can't see a thing.
Tried loading a new project.. nothing.
Something about JIT?

Effectively broken my project :/

EDIT: I turned off 'auto update' and 'auto load last project' and also downloaded the newest version of T.E
This has happened once or twice now meaning I've lost projects and haven't been able to recover them. Luckily there were only a few test rooms and not an entire level.

I believe there was an issue with my LARA object. I copied some objects over from a level and for whatever reason it completely deleted all Lara animations.. good job I made a backup

Last edited by dcw123; 26-01-20 at 16:33.
Old 26-01-20, 16:36   #258
Lwmte

That's unfortunate, it has been a long while since we had any serious bug reports like yours

Next time you'll see something unusual (red cross, crash message etc), please do a screenshot and send me TombEditorLog.txt file immediately after crash. Then I will be able to track the issue.
Old 30-01-20, 16:06   #259
TokyoSU

the sound not work on TR4 (Original), i think it's the new sound system that cause that.
Old 30-01-20, 16:34   #260
JMN

Is there any way to open multiple instances of SoundTool?

EDIT: Sorry, probably should've posted this in the main Tomb Editor thread.
Closed Thread