Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 13-07-15, 23:19   #121
LCTRF

If they had time to take care of all the bugs and upgrade the control it could've actually really survive, as you say. Primal's Control System was flawless and the 360 camera somewhat of an innovation for it's time (strangewise this game did absolutely everything right and didn't survive either), spoken for myself I've had a great time playing Primal (it was 8-9 years ago I think), while AoD was hell controlwise (in my time I didn't even knew of patches, if they were some in 2003-2004).

Last edited by LCTRF; 13-07-15 at 23:37.
LCTRF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-15, 23:49   #122
Jorje Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTRF View Post
If they had time to take care of all the bugs and upgrade the control it could've actually really survive, as you say. Primal's Control System was flawless and the 360 camera somewhat of an innovation for it's time (strangewise this game did absolutely everything right and didn't survive either), spoken for myself I've had a great time playing Primal (it was 8-9 years ago I think), while AoD was hell controlwise (in my time I didn't even knew of patches, if they were some in 2003-2004).
I have never played primal at all but watched videos minutes ago,engine is great....I don't know which company worked on it but its great engine for 2003 game.I don't like characters and atmosphere...but I found some epic bossfights and camera angles during them. I have a question?! CORE didn't want 360camera control at all? or they just wanted this movielike auto camera angles,which makes game more epic and cinematic? don't know. as I can see on BETAS aod has 360 camera control by player
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-15, 23:54   #123
Aurimas
Inactive

Quote:
And for the ones who don't know (I'm sure the whole forum knows but never mind), there is a videogame named Primal (Release was somewhere in March 2003), in which there was some small easter egg on a cemetery. But look for yourself!

http://tombraidergirl.com/pics/references/primal.jpg

This has to be until today one of the craziest easter eggs in a game (The Protagonist actually even destroys this very one tombstone and no other ).

Edit: Before anyone asks the grave reads "R.I.P Laura Croft 2003" (I think Laura because of copyrights etc.)
Thanks for posting. Primal looks like a good game. There are a lot of good games from 2003.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peeves View Post
3 characters from AOD were deleted ie Putai, Luther Rouzic, and Jean Yves.
Do not lie. Jean-Yves was not removed, he was replaced with Von Croy.
Aurimas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-15, 23:58   #124
Jorje Croft

Guys I'v always wonder why BOAZ had face skin like that,as it wasn't her real face and it was a mask or something like that

Last edited by Jorje Croft; 14-07-15 at 00:04.
Old 14-07-15, 00:04   #125
Aurimas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorje Croft View Post
I have never played primal at all but watched videos minutes ago,engine is great....I don't know which company worked on it but its great engine for 2003 game.I don't like characters and atmosphere...but I found some epic bossfights and camera angles during them. I have a question?! CORE didn't want 360camera control at all? or they just wanted this movielike auto camera angles,which makes game more epic and cinematic? don't know. as I can see on BETAS aod has 360 camera control by player
Primal was published by Sony. I think taking away Tomb Raider rights from Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix and giving them to Sony would be the best thing for Tomb Raider franchise.

I prefer movable camera. Core Design always wanted movable camera in Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness.

Last edited by Aurimas; 14-07-15 at 00:05.
Old 14-07-15, 00:07   #126
Jorje Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
Primal was published by Sony. I think taking away Tomb Raider rights from Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix and giving them to Sony would be the best thing for Tomb Raider franchise.

I prefer movable camera. I think Core Design always wanted it in Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness.
TO SAY THE TRUTH SONY IS THE BEST COMPANY IN EVERY WAY.
I can't understand its very hard to develop 360 camera with mouse? yes as I know 360 camera was actual thing but I just can't understand what happened. dual gun mystery is a biggest secret in my life.
Old 14-07-15, 00:29   #127
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Guys I'v always wonder why BOAZ had face skin like that,as it wasn't her real face and it was a mask or something like that
Apparently, Boaz was in a plane crash when she was younger, and still has the scars from it. Were she given time to be developed, she could've served as a perfect foil to Lara: both were in plane wrecks when they were younger, and they dealt with it in vastly different ways.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-15, 00:35   #128
Aurimas
Inactive

Quote:
TO SAY THE TRUTH SONY IS THE BEST COMPANY IN EVERY WAY.
I can't understand its very hard to develop 360 camera with mouse? yes as I know 360 camera was actual thing but I just can't understand what happened. dual gun mystery is a biggest secret in my life.
I think A Pair Of Vector R-35's and A Pair Of Scorpion-X Pistols were removed together with Combine and Separate options. I also think at least part of movable camera programming is still in the PC release of the game but I do not know if it can be enabled. It was not difficult to make movable camera on PC release but Core Design did not have time for that. They were probably focusing on more important things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
Apparently, Boaz was in a plane crash when she was younger, and still has the scars from it. Were she given time to be developed, she could've served as a perfect foil to Lara: both were in plane wrecks when they were younger, and they dealt with it in vastly different ways.
In the concept art Boaz's scars look even worse than in the game. They are on her body everywhere, not only on her face.

Last edited by Aurimas; 14-07-15 at 00:42.
Old 14-07-15, 01:04   #129
LCTRF

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
I knew of her plane crash but I never saw the parallel to Lara... until now! Was she meant to be a foil or is this your imagination? Because it's quite intriguing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
In the concept art Boaz's scars look even worse than in the game. They are on her body everywhere, not only on her face.
Is there somewhere a picture of it online?

Quote:
I don't like characters and atmosphere...but I found some epic bossfights and camera angles during them.
This can only be said by somebody who didn't played the game , Jen (the main protagnist) and Scree (the stone figure that's always by her side) had deep characters, great motivations and some amazing character interaction and dynamic. And the atmosphere... oh you have no idea

Last edited by LCTRF; 14-07-15 at 01:09.
LCTRF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-15, 04:17   #130
Aurimas
Inactive

Quote:
Is there somewhere a picture of it online?