Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Fan and Community Showcase

Old 13-05-23, 09:53   #3821
Heckler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshesBorn View Post

Didn't Nico say he never intended to remake the entire game? I might be misremembering though.
Indeed. DOX is his portfolio piece and I remember him mentioning that the final version will be a completion of The Great Wall and Croft Manor. This has got to be the most ambitious and polished fan project of any franchise to date. People really underestimate how much work goes into creating a third person platformer/shooter. The traversal system alone is superior to what you'll find in commercial projects made by big teams.
Heckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-23, 12:29   #3822
scion05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckler View Post
Indeed. DOX is his portfolio piece and I remember him mentioning that the final version will be a completion of The Great Wall and Croft Manor. This has got to be the most ambitious and polished fan project of any franchise to date. People really underestimate how much work goes into creating a third person platformer/shooter. The traversal system alone is superior to what you'll find in commercial projects made by big teams.
The only thing I’ve ever seen that looked even better was the Shadow Moses game, that unfortunately got stopped :/
scion05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-23, 16:00   #3823
Raider8

Is there any hope left for this to continue? Really wanted to see and play this. It's been 15+ years since a proper Croft Manor.
Raider8 is offline   Reply With Quote