Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > New Member Introductions, Birthdays and Congratulations

Old 05-08-22, 00:47   #1
Mat_Croft

Default I’m new here!

Hello everyone,

I’m finally joining this forum after years of lurking! I’ve been a Tomb Raider fan for years, but I never joined this forum because loads of people on Twitter seemed to dislike it. I heard it wasn’t very welcoming and very toxic so I stayed on Twitter (ironic when we know how Twitter can be…).
Anyway, I changed my mind and I’m glad to now be a part of this forum!

My name is Mat, I’m a Tomb Raider fan from France, and I got to know Lara as a child with Tomb Raider II on the PlayStation 1, which is also my favourite game in the franchise. I rediscovered Tomb Raider around 2014 when I found my brother’s PlayStation and games in the attic and played with it. All the good memories came back. Playing Tomb Raider II, Tekken 3, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s stone, Pandemonium, Croc, Spyro 1 and many other games with my brothers… Nothing but good memories! I specifically remember playing the Croft’s Manor level on repeat because I didn’t know how to start the adventure.
I since played almost all the games (I’m missing Tomb Raider the prophecy, puzzle paradox, the Osiris codex, the quest for cinnabar, the elixir of life and the ones on sky gamestar).

I hope my stay here will be enjoyable and I can’t wait to get to know other fans here!!
Mat_Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-22, 01:05   #2
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Welcome to the forum Mat.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-22, 01:15   #3
Mat_Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr online View Post
Welcome to the forum Mat.
Thank you
Old 05-08-22, 05:05   #4
Joe Derivative
Inactive

Welcome!

If I may... Wherever you go on the Internet, you'll bump into people who disagree with you. Some will do so in a polite, argumentative manner, others by using "lmao" and "lol" in place of punctuation marks and by calling "toxic" and "[insert here]phobic" anything and anyone they disagree with. (That is why I have started developing a certain intolerance for the two words.) There is some of that here too, but I think forum boards of any kind are a far, far healthier environment that any randomly picked social media platform. So yes, I think there's a chance you'll enjoy your stay, and I hope so
Joe Derivative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-22, 18:08   #5
Mat_Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Derivative View Post
Welcome!

If I may... Wherever you go on the Internet, you'll bump into people who disagree with you. Some will do so in a polite, argumentative manner, others by using "lmao" and "lol" in place of punctuation marks and by calling "toxic" and "[insert here]phobic" anything and anyone they disagree with. (That is why I have started developing a certain intolerance for the two words.) There is some of that here too, but I think forum boards of any kind are a far, far healthier environment that any randomly picked social media platform. So yes, I think there's a chance you'll enjoy your stay, and I hope so
You’re right ! I looked at the forum and found very interesting topics like PC to PS1 ports and many other amazing things Can’t wait to see what will come next!!
Old 06-08-22, 16:20   #6
Cat Woman

Welcome Mat. Enjoy yourself here. There are lots of interesting topics and discussions. I try to stay positive. Everyone has their own opinions. I just don’t dwell on the negativity.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-22, 10:36   #7
Mik9517

Hi Mat welcome to the forum!

I've been replaying Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone on PS1 recently too and has brought loads of memories back playing when I was little.
Mik9517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-22, 20:49   #8
Mat_Croft

Thank you guys !
Old 09-08-22, 14:30   #9
Tommy123

Welcome to the forum! I hope you have a great time!
Tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote