www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 13-10-11, 16:12   #21
Spong
Beyond The Floating Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by daventry View Post
Please look at these, for this is what makes TR feel Dumb.

Hints On/Off
Shine on Obvious Ledges and Things On/Off
Reticules On/Off
Slow Mo QTE On/Off
Sonar Map On/Off
Auto Grab On/Off
Autohold (AOD) On/Off
Black out Screens On/Off
Lara Deaths Realistic/Ragdoll On Ice Comical
Are you saying that having options to enable/disable everything in that list is dumb?
Old 13-10-11, 16:15   #22
daventry
Tomb Raider

Smile

Yes and No

In the Older Days (Core Games) we just pick up the Game and Played, now with today's Games and Generations, Everything must have some Setting to make it Simple for the Player.

Sure you can put in All those Settings, but Allow us to turn them all Off
daventry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-11, 16:19   #23
Spong

There's nothing wrong in a dev doing its best to encompass all abilities when it comes to who plays their games. Sure, I'd love a game that's as hard as nails and unforgiving, but if Crystal were to cater to that alone it would alienate the vast majority of players. Primarily, they're here to make money, not make us happy, and the biggest money lies with accommodating as many people as possible. So that list you made doesn't make Tomb Raider or Crystal look dumb at all.

Last edited by Spong; 13-10-11 at 16:26.
Spong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-11, 16:24   #24
daventry
Tomb Raider

Smile

Like i said, put in those Settings (a Must) and have us Choose how we want to play the Game, so i can Complain the Game is too Hard and then i Sneaky turn on some Hint and realize the Answer is right over there.

The List isent about making TR or Crystal Look Dumb, its Them making US look Dumb in wondering why did i just Pay $60 for such an Awsome Game just to have it Finished in 2 Days.

Now this is the Sad Reality in Life
Quote:
Primarily, they're here to make money, not make us happy
By the way, when can we expect Another Gameplay Demo that is up to date so to speak.

Last edited by daventry; 13-10-11 at 16:34.
Old 13-10-11, 16:39   #25
HollabackBoy
Archaeologist

Thank you, Gabi and Jackie. Much appreciated read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spong View Post
I hope that's only because it was a demo, I don't want checkpoints all over the place. I don't like checkpoints at all to be honest, I want the brutal save style of the PSOne's TR1. But I know I'm in the minority these days, bloody casual gamers
You are definitely in the minority (and I know I will be clawed for this). I'm replaying TR1 on my PS3 and LORD, is the save system ever irksome - crystals are unreasonably sporadic. I find myself repeating large sections of a level multiple times mainly due to awkward, unresponsive controls that result in Lara's death. This save system is just relentless and nothing more. I strongly prefer the save anywhere system in the PC versions of the classics.

Anyway, I'm not saying I want save checkpoints at every corner, but there needs to be a reasonable number in the appropriate places. When the save system begins to impede on my gaming experience, there is a huge problem. Call me a casual gamer if you will, but that is how I see it.
HollabackBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-11, 16:39   #26
Spong

Quote:
Originally Posted by daventry View Post
By the way, when can we expect Another Gameplay Demo that is up to date so to speak.
A gameplay trailer is apparently going to be released at the beginning of next year (according to information given to Dark_Messiah at the German Comminuty Event)

EDIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollabackBoy View Post
You are definitely in the minority (and I know I will be clawed for this). I'm replaying TR1 on my PS3 and LORD, is the save system ever irksome - crystals are unreasonably sporadic. I find myself repeating large sections of a level multiple times mainly due to awkward, unresponsive controls that result in Lara's death. This save system is just relentless and nothing more. I strongly prefer the save anywhere system in the PC versions of the classics.
For me, few & far between save points increases the sense of jeopardy when you're toying with the idea of whether or not Lara can make that jump, the stakes of her dying are higher. 'Save anywhere' potentially destroys that completely.

Last edited by Spong; 13-10-11 at 16:43.
Spong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-11, 16:44   #27
daventry
Tomb Raider

Smile

@Spong: Cool, lets hope what we talk about here will be Fixed in that Trailer, i would Hate Another Discussion of this.

@ HollabackBoy: I Hate Checkpoints, thus i want an Auto Save type that allows me to Load where i just previously stood and i also want a Save/Load Anywhere with allot of Slots
Old 13-10-11, 16:54   #28
HollabackBoy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spong View Post
For me, few & far between save points increases the sense of jeopardy when you're toying with the idea of whether or not Lara can make that jump, the stakes of her dying are higher. 'Save anywhere' potentially destroys that completely.
With the save anywhere system, the player is given the option to increase the sense of danger. YOU choose when and where to save the game, which could potentially make the stakes even higher, especially if you save very infrequently.
HollabackBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-11, 16:58   #29
daventry
Tomb Raider

Smile

I remember a Stupid but Awsome Game called Indiana Jones Emporers Tomb, it had absolutly No Save/Load/Checkpoint System, you litterly had to run through each Level to survive just to come close to the end and Die, then you have to Re-play that entire Level until it Saves and you can proceed into the Next Level of the Game. Now that was a Horrible way to play since i explored Nothing.

Last edited by daventry; 13-10-11 at 17:00.
Old 13-10-11, 17:05   #30
Alex Fly
Inactive

Smile

Wow seems like you had a great time. Thanks for posting !
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote