www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Fan Artwork, Pictures, Movies and Writings

Old 13-03-19, 19:17   #11
FearEffect
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Have you tried opening the archive with 7-zip? It's free and can handle rar pretty well.

@FearEffect:
I may have asked this before, but I'm still wondering: How are you making these comics actually? Which tools do you use to get this very distinct yet awesome comic look?
For Code: Redfields I used blender to make the models and I'd "render" them in XNA Lara. Since Lovers In Arms I use Blender Cycles to render every panel of the comic, and then I photoshop what needs to be fixed in Photoshop, the black borders, blurry background etc...
FearEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-19, 19:49   #12
ANoDE
Gold Contributor

Seems like a lot of work - given how many different scenes, locations and characters there are. I envy your dedication!

Last edited by ANoDE; 16-03-19 at 16:57.
ANoDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-19, 13:47   #13
FearEffect
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Seems like a lot of work - given how many different schenes, locations and characters there are. I envy your dedication!
It was, I started working on this on July. I already had the comic in mind after finishing Code: Redfields in the first place but decided to make Lovers In Arms first. 6 Months was supposed to be longer though, I've cut some scenes I felt wasn't necesarry to the story so I can save myself sometime. It's not always easy to work alone! Yet I can't wait to start working on the new one!
Old 16-03-19, 14:28   #14
Grimaldi
Professor

Finally got a chance to finish this and wow, I didn't expect to be emotionally devastated by the end. As always, I was really impressed with the little details you plucked from canon to expand upon (Sheva taking Chris to where she grew up so his memories of Africa wouldn't be exclusively of bioterror - really cute!) and your original ideas that feel at home/in-character. Chris and Claire's ritual of chatting under the stars, and how it was replaced with training sessions after their parents died, is part of my headcanon now.

It was really cool to see Rebecca, especially based on her Vendetta appearance, and Jill's tank top with the jacket tied around her waist was a nice throwback. Speaking of Jill, it was interesting to hear she struggled with drugs after Kijuju, and her meeting with that girl was some heavy stuff. Another beautiful body of work, and as always I'm looking forward to the next one.
Old 16-03-19, 16:42   #15
FearEffect
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
Finally got a chance to finish this and wow, I didn't expect to be emotionally devastated by the end. As always, I was really impressed with the little details you plucked from canon to expand upon (Sheva taking Chris to where she grew up so his memories of Africa wouldn't be exclusively of bioterror - really cute!) and your original ideas that feel at home/in-character. Chris and Claire's ritual of chatting under the stars, and how it was replaced with training sessions after their parents died, is part of my headcanon now.

It was really cool to see Rebecca, especially based on her Vendetta appearance, and Jill's tank top with the jacket tied around her waist was a nice throwback. Speaking of Jill, it was interesting to hear she struggled with drugs after Kijuju, and her meeting with that girl was some heavy stuff. Another beautiful body of work, and as always I'm looking forward to the next one.
Thank you very much for the positive feedback and for reading it. I'm glad you liked everything you've mentionned