www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 20-02-19, 21:57   #341
Athukraz
Professor

If you guys read the past Developer Updates they released, you'd know that they started work on Episode 3 by December and early development for Episode 4 around the same time. Just sharing the info here.
Old 21-02-19, 15:48   #342
tomee
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
If you guys read the past Developer Updates they released, you'd know that they started work on Episode 3 by December and early development for Episode 4 around the same time. Just sharing the info here.
So they do make the episodes on the go. Episode 2 must have already been 70-80% completed before they touched Episode 3. I wish they just held launch back a bit so they could release each episode a bit closer to each other. This schedule is BS.
Old 22-02-19, 19:39   #343
Tommy123
Tomb Raider

I wouldn't mind the long wait if it meant more time to polish. But judging by episodes 2 crazy amount of bugs it seems the long wait didn't matter.
Old 27-02-19, 23:37   #344
Athukraz
Professor

New patch fixing issues and the loss of save games.

Also did you guys read the comic that released today? Issue #4

The ending is .. I don't know, but it makes the lis1 events never happen.

Let's see what's cooking in the next issue out in May
Old 12-03-19, 11:47   #345
DragonSlayer
Professor

Quote:
New patch fixing issues and the loss of save games.

Also did you guys read the comic that released today? Issue #4

The ending is .. I don't know, but it makes the lis1 events never happen.

Let's see what's cooking in the next issue out in May
That's strange according to my local bookstore issue 1 won't be released until sometime in the next couple of months even though I told them at the time that 3 out of the 5 comics had been released.

I forgot that yesterday was Chloe's birthday, happy birthday Chloe.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-19, 19:52   #346
Athukraz
Professor

2 months and nothing new on Episode 3. Not even a developer update. They are so launching episode 5 in 2020.
Old 13-03-19, 12:41   #347
DragonSlayer
Professor

Quote:
2 months and nothing new on Episode 3. Not even a developer update. They are so launching episode 5 in 2020.
Someone needs to go crack a whip at Dontnod and get them to speed up the development and release of the remaining episodes, having to wait until 2020 for the final episode is just stupid.

Assuming they stick to their release schedule I'll have some of my backlog cleared by then.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-19, 19:09   #348
Tommy123
Tomb Raider

I wonder what's going on with development because the first season didn't take this long did it? And LiS1 had more complex gameplay with Max's rewind powers and such.
Old 16-03-19, 00:26   #349
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy123 View Post
I wonder what's going on with development because the first season didn't take this long did it? And LiS1 had more complex gameplay with Max's rewind powers and such.
The graphics do seem be to be more detailed so there's a chance that asset creation and the like is taking longer. But yeah, even so it seems a bit strange. Best explanation I could come up with is that they simply released the first episode too early. Either that or the first episode performed so poorly that they felt the need to go back and make some major changes to the other episodes which disrupted their schedule.
Old 16-03-19, 08:39   #350
tomee
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy123 View Post
The world is more detailed and intricate so I assume it takes longer to maintain that quality. Additionally, the stupid travelling aspect ensured that they can't just reuse assets like they did previously. In LiS 1 we visited the school and Chloe's house and other locations numerous times, which they had to design only once.

Honestly I wouldn't even mind the longer wait if they had just talked to us at least. Give us a short clip, give us screenshots, give us footage of devs working. Just something, anything to chew on and keep us occupied. I honestly have such a hard time understanding why devs always go full silent for several months when a game is being developed, despite social media being free and at their disposal. It's so easy to keep fans engaged and they just... don't.