www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 15-03-19, 20:59   #21
Isaac
Relic Hunter

^ That still doesn’t explain why RDR2 got a free pass.
Isaac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-19, 21:02   #22
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
^ That still doesn’t explain why RDR2 got a free pass.
They're mostly targeting Japanese games for some reason, but DMC is showing they are getting ready to Branch out.
Old 16-03-19, 00:29   #23
Vinkula
Tomb Raider

Wondering what will happen to Cyberpunk 2077, as it apparently will have VERY uncensored nudity in it.
Old 16-03-19, 00:57   #24
Blue_light
Archaeologist

This reminds me of what happened with Resident Evil VII, except it's the west, instead of Japan that got censored.
Old 16-03-19, 04:24   #25
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

What is the games rating? Wasn’t we just seeing Trevor’s kahunas and butt in GTA V?
Old 16-03-19, 04:58   #26
Isaac
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
What is the games rating? Wasn’t we just seeing Trevor’s kahunas and butt in GTA V?
Yes but that game was released in 2013-2014, way before any update on product management by Sony. The most recent example would be Red Dead Redemption 2 from October 2018.

So far, only a few Japanese games (including Devil May Cry) were subject to changes but nothing about Western games yet.

Last edited by Isaac; 16-03-19 at 05:05.
Isaac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-19, 11:30   #27
LaraCroftSotTR
Explorer

Location: Adventure is my home (Croft Manor at quieter times)

They're testing the waters so to speak. RDR2 would have gotten a much bigger backlash, if censored. DMC5 is a smaller game and it's a short scene too. So most people take it lighter than they probably should. But I blame Capcom too. They simply should have said No to Sony. They can't go to court over this and the backlash for not offering the game on the PS4 store would have been huge. Nothing will change otherwise. And this also happened after the release - cheating on the customers. I sure wouldn't have bought the PS4 version, if I had known this beforehand.
LaraCroftSotTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-19, 13:58   #28
Mikky
Legend

I really don't understand this DMC5 case. Who's it for? Who are they censoring the game for? Not even the "PC culture" or feminists, whatever kind of group, are behind these kind of decisions. "Stop being so damn sensitive" - but no-one is or was being sensitive about those scenes or this game. It's like they are creating issues were there none to begin with. You end up with people throwing blame at others because of "the times", but no, the only ones to blame in this case are Sony and perhaps Capcom. So again, who is this for? Themselves? Are they covering their asses (get it?) just in case some random article gets created about Trish's butt in a few months time? But even I doubt that would happen because NO-ONE CARES.

They are setting some kind of misled precedent here, and perhaps now other games will follow suit in the future for an "issue" that doesn't or didn't exist. It is absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited by Mikky; 16-03-19 at 13:59.
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-19, 15:29   #29
rewak
Professor

It's an overreaction to the Steam situation that's going to eventually bite them on the ass. They're taking responsibility away from ESRB, PEGI, etc and placing the onus on themselves. The instant something appears on their platform that offends anybody they won't have the ratings board to blame, and in this day and age it doesn't take a heck of a lot to offend particular groups. For example Plague Inc recently added anti-vaxxers to the game, obviously getting some flack from that group for offending them. That game is on PS4, so all it takes is for them to question why it was allowed and they couldn't say "the ratings board passed it" anymore because they've added a second rating process internally. Then there's things like loot boxes, they're being scrutinized by governments around the world and ratings boards are noticing, but what about Sony? If they allow them then they're complicit and hold some of the responsibility. Eventually they'll walk back on it, they were stupid to put themselves in this position in the first place.

Last edited by rewak; 16-03-19 at 15:30.
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-19, 16:28   #30
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

I don’t understand why they are trying to censor stuff. It’s stupid. That’s what ratings are for. I feel like it kinda of ruins people’s vision they had for the games.