www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 14-06-19, 12:58   #21
Vaskito
Relic Hunter
 
Vaskito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portugal
Posts: 9,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Honestly at this point I wouldn't be surprised of they put the series on the shelf for a while. It's what they did to Deus Ex when it disappointed sales wise.

I just don't trust Square with most of their games. Let alone Tomb Raider. They don't know how to manage their studios or games.
IDK, SE made sure Shadow wouldn't be less budgeted than its predecessor. IDK how you look at them as the bad guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
Just give TR to someone who can make a true Tomb Raider experience and who understands Lara Croft as a character. No more building up to something which was completely wasted imo.
They made a separate Lara Croft, so they could create her within their own vision, and left classic Lara Croft untouched in her original form. It's not like they picked on Classic Lara and changed her all around with misinterpretations of her
__________________
We stand undefined. Can't be drawn with a straight line.

Last edited by Vaskito; 14-06-19 at 13:01.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 13:07   #22
biscuits
Professor
 
biscuits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 4,528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
IDK, SE made sure Shadow wouldn't be less budgeted than its predecessor. IDK how you look at them as the bad guys
I'm not making them out as the bad guys. I just think they're grossly incompetent. Their western division has been nothing but greatly mismanaged lately. They had Eidos Montreal cut their new Deus Ex game to produce a quick sequel (making the game appear somewhat unfinished), Just Cause 4 was a huge mess at launch, and let's not forget the exclusivity deal with Rise.

Square's more low budget games have fared a lot better lately.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 13:10   #23
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter
 
Tombraider95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In Rafe Adler's Bed... with Ryan Gosling.
Posts: 9,036
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
They made a separate Lara Croft, so they could create her within their own vision, and left classic Lara Croft untouched in her original form. It's not like they picked on Classic Lara and changed her all around with misinterpretations of her
Well for me they kinda have because she's still called "Lara Croft", and their "vision" was so poorly planned it's been a mess. They should have just made a new character.
__________________
Sweetheart, being gay is the best excuse you'll ever have for not being boring.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 13:14   #24
CroftManiac05
Archaeologist
 
CroftManiac05's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Στην κοσμάρα μου
Posts: 1,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
Just give TR to someone who can make a true Tomb Raider experience and who understands Lara Croft as a character. No more building up to something which was completely wasted imo.
Amen to that.
__________________
Φιλας την αναπηρη?
CroftManiac05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 13:14   #25
Vaskito
Relic Hunter
 
Vaskito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portugal
Posts: 9,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Square's more low budget games have fared a lot better lately.
Isn't this more related to the devs instead?

Also, pretty certain after SOTTR, you can bet the next TR game will likely have a way lower budget (but I don't see it being shelved yet), and some sort of soft-reboot, going back to basics, which is saddening. Some of you may enjoy whatever comes next if this becomes true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
Well for me they kinda have because she's still called "Lara Croft", and their "vision" was so poorly planned it's been a mess. They should have just made a new character.
And they did make a new character. Reboot Lara is a different character than Classic Lara. The reboot was a clean canvas for them to do what they want, in full, instead of being hindered by the past like they were with LAU.
Classic Lara, as I said, was left untouched, so why are you taking issue with they creating a new version? It's simply because of the name? Because if they changed her name, classic Lara still wouldn't be back in the newest games...
__________________
We stand undefined. Can't be drawn with a straight line.

Last edited by Vaskito; 14-06-19 at 13:17.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 13:31   #26
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter
 
Tombraider95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In Rafe Adler's Bed... with Ryan Gosling.
Posts: 9,036
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
And they did make a new character. Reboot Lara is a different character than Classic Lara. The reboot was a clean canvas for them to do what they want, in full, instead of being hindered by the past like they were with LAU.
Classic Lara, as I said, was left untouched, so why are you taking issue with they creating a new version? It's simply because of the name? Because if they changed her name, classic Lara still wouldn't be back in the newest games...
Because their new version has been an unplanned mess. Actually they should have just made this a new IP, instead of trying to appeal to the TR fan base, making something very different, slapping the same name on the cover and calling it their "vision".

They're doing the same with The Avengers now it looks like, although at least Black Widow has her duals.
__________________
Sweetheart, being gay is the best excuse you'll ever have for not being boring.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 13:35   #27
Vaskito
Relic Hunter
 
Vaskito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portugal
Posts: 9,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
Because their new version has been an unplanned mess. Actually they should have just made this a new IP, instead of trying to appeal to the TR fan base, making something very different, slapping the same name on the cover and calling it their "vision".
It still wouldn't bring back Classic TR/Lara.
The franchise was put on their hands, and something had to be done to make it profitable. It worked for them. It worked for me. It didn't for you, and other people. That's life. We don't always get what we want

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
They're doing the same with The Avengers now it looks like, although at least Black Widow has her duals.
I have no knowledge on the Avengers, but I did read people saying the games were based on the comics, not the movies - and that the movies went out of the way vs the original comics - though, I have no idea how much of this is true. Regardless, it's too early too judge, imo
__________________
We stand undefined. Can't be drawn with a straight line.

Last edited by Vaskito; 14-06-19 at 13:36.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 13:44   #28
Lyle Croft
Relic Hunter
 
Lyle Croft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,363
Default

Looks a bit clunky, but

BUT HOLY **** THE ****ING GYMNASTICS. BLACK WIDOW...

CD better bring it if they are developing the next TR.

I always knew it was possible. I swear some games have acrobatics with manual aim implemented. . UNLESS it was auto-aim assist enabled? Idk. can't tell from these lq videos if it's manual aim.

And CD did a nice job on the hair! It looks like mesh hair? But wow, did they bring along a naughty dog guy? i'm impressed tbh
__________________
Sitting over here starin in your face

Last edited by Lyle Croft; 14-06-19 at 13:46.
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 13:47   #29
Vaskito
Relic Hunter
 
Vaskito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portugal
Posts: 9,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
Post
God no. I don't want that over the top acrobatics at all. A little more acrobacy, to some degree? Sure, but please not something over the top.

Oh, and that vid reminded me once again how much I need Lara to have proper hand-to-hand combat next game, after her training it in the comics, and displaying it in that "Don't try me" scene
__________________
We stand undefined. Can't be drawn with a straight line.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 13:52   #30
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter
 
Tombraider95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In Rafe Adler's Bed... with Ryan Gosling.
Posts: 9,036
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
It still wouldn't bring back Classic TR/Lara.
The franchise was put on their hands, and something had to be done to make it profitable. It worked for them. It worked for me. It didn't for you, and other people. That's life. We don't always get what we want
It worked because they stripped the first Reboot game back so much it barely resembles TR. So it might as well have been a new IP. That's my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
I have no knowledge on the Avengers, but I did read people saying the games were based on the comics, not the movies - and that the movies went out of the way vs the original comics - though, I have no idea how much of this is true. Regardless, it's too early too judge, imo
Well since the majority of comments have been regarding the absence of Hawkeye, I can say it's not off to a good start.
__________________
Sweetheart, being gay is the best excuse you'll ever have for not being boring.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.