www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 31-10-16, 20:17   #1181
Linoshi Croft
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
Are you all sitting down?

An upcoming season (not the next one) will be a crossover between Murder House and Coven. Source. (Not really any other news on the topic apart from the headline).

My guess is that the Coven will move into Murder House. Constance, Tate, the Harmons, other misc. ghosts, Cordelia and Zoe (Farmiga having to play two characters) will be there.
Apparently, this has been confirmed.

Personally, I find the announcement a tad odd and premature considering Season 6 was shrouded in so much mystery.
Old 31-10-16, 22:39   #1182
robm_2007
Legend

One rumor I read is that MRN and Return to Roanoke are both fake within the universe of the show, and that there will be more fourth wall breaking, where the real actors will be playing themselves (Sarah Paulson playing herself), and the real actors will be killed off or something.

Which sounds...stupid...but why not. Go for it
---
And has Lange been confirmed to return this season?

Last edited by robm_2007; 31-10-16 at 22:42.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-16, 23:53   #1183
trfan16
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
One rumor I read is that MRN and Return to Roanoke are both fake within the universe of the show, and that there will be more fourth wall breaking, where the real actors will be playing themselves (Sarah Paulson playing herself), and the real actors will be killed off or something.

Which sounds...stupid...but why not. Go for it
---
And has Lange been confirmed to return this season?
That's what everyone else is thinking too about the twist in the final episode. I hope that's not true though because the scenes in Return to Roanoke are very interesting. But I do see in ways that Return to Roanoke could be another fake show.

I'm not sure if Lange is returning in Roanoke. I see a lot of people saying that lately. Apparently, Ryan Murphy made a comment that old actors/actresses will make minor appearances this season. Frances Conroy appeared as the hillbilly mom in MRN, Finn Witrock appeared in the last episode (I don't know which character he was), and Murphy confirmed that Taissa Farmiga will be returning. I wonder if Jamie Brewer/Nan will make an appearance too?
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-16, 15:43   #1184
robm_2007
Legend

Holy **** snacks.

Lana Winters is coming to Roanoke!

Source.
Old 01-11-16, 17:03   #1185
Atlantisfreak666
Professor

^This season has such low ratings that Ryan keeps having to spoil ****.

Last edited by Atlantisfreak666; 01-11-16 at 17:11.
Atlantisfreak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-16, 01:43   #1186
trfan16
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisfreak666 View Post
^This season has such low ratings that Ryan keeps having to spoil ****.
Ryan Murphy has been running his mouth all season. After making such a big deal about not revealing the theme for Season 6 before it aired, now he is dropping all kind of hints about future episodes. He was the one that announced the big twist in episode 6 and how all of these characters and actors are returning. As for the ratings, I don't believe they've been that bad. They've been around the same level as Hotel I believe. But the ratings for AHS have been slowly dropping since Coven anyways. But it seems Roanoke is getting much better scores and reviews compared to Seasons 3-5. I believe a couple of the episodes are the highest ranked so far? Although this season is still pretty divisive.

Here are my thoughts about Chapter 8 too:
Overall, the episode was pretty enjoyable. We get to see some of the ghosts return again like the Chens, nurses, and Pig Man. I really wish we could see some different ghosts though. The colonists barely had some screen time.

The scene between the Polks and three females was pretty drawn out IMO. I really don't want to see another second of them. Although Finn Witrock did a great job as the one Polk that tortured Lee. But I hope that's the last we see of them.

The most shocking scene was when Lee left Dominic to get killed by the Pig Man all because she believed that he killed Matt. I was liking her character up until that point. Although Adina Porter is still doing a great job portraying her.

Lee also reveals that she was the one that killed Mason. I don't know how true this is because she might've said that just to try and get away from the Polk's kid clutch.

Sarah Paulson's accent is killing me. It's just so bad that it's hilarious.

The three characters remaining are Lee, Sarah Paulson, and Monet (fate unknown though). Also, next week episode involves three hikers traveling to the Roanoke house. Apparently Taissa Farmiga is one of the hikers.

I gave it an 8/10. I felt the scenes with the Polks was really drawn out. But everything else was good though.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-16, 02:21   #1187
robm_2007
Legend

It was okay to almost good. Real Lee's actress has been doing very well.

Not sure who Dylan, nor why he's at the house, let alone with the pig head on. (Though I swear she said "Gillian?"). Also didn't realize that Finn Wittrock was playing one of the Polk sons.

Also, biggest WTF of the year:

Chaz Bono (Sonny and Cher's son) was in this season????

I randomly saw him credited on IMDb, and thought it must be a troll.

Last edited by robm_2007; 05-11-16 at 02:23.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-16, 15:43   #1188
Tommy123
Tomb Raider

The whole "OMG LOOK WHAT CHARACTER FROM PAST SEASONS WERE SHOVING IN HERE FOR FAN SERVICE" is so desperate. If Murphy has to rely on the first three seasons to carry future ones then why not go back to the good writing of the first three.
Old 06-11-16, 17:52   #1189
robm_2007
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy123 View Post
The whole "OMG LOOK WHAT CHARACTER FROM PAST SEASONS WERE SHOVING IN HERE FOR FAN SERVICE" is so desperate. If Murphy has to rely on the first three seasons to carry future ones then why not go back to the good writing of the first three.
He doesn't have it in him, I presume. Though technically, with the Murder House/Coven crossover season, we would presume he is potentially going back to the good writing of the first three.
Old 07-11-16, 01:59   #1190
Lyle Croft
Relic Hunter

This season is pretty good and interesting...well at least it's better than Freak Show and Hotel (imo).

But it's also boring at the same time. We know everyone is gonna die, except for one person apparently. (There was like a disclaimer in one episode) -_- It's all just blood and yeah.

I wanna know more about the witchh and what the hell happened to the real butcher? She like disappeared after killing the actress for the butcher.