www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 05-10-17, 21:24   #1261
robm_2007
Legend

Barely watched Ep 2. It was much better. Not nearly as histrionic and flowed better.
Old 07-10-17, 08:54   #1262
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

I'm starting to get into Cult, took me a while but I like it. My only problem is that the twists lately are becoming predictable. I knew *from the start that Ivy was part of the cult.*
Old 09-10-17, 04:43   #1263
robm_2007
Legend

lol @ the guinea pig exploding in the microwave.

Ep 3 was pretty good, too. Paulson is still being a bit shrill but not outright histrionic. She's more just yelling than crying. IDK she doesn't just get camera's installed, a hairless dog to protect her house, get a security system that actually works, or buy a taser or something.

Also doesn't make sense that she would shoot someone on the other side of her metal door, but whatever. And no "I was startled!!!" doesn't count in my book.

I also really like how satirical they are being about SJWs

EDIT:
I'm caught up so far. I do like it, it's entertaining enough, and I like how the "cult" angle is shaping out. Peters is actually watchable in this. He's wildly inconsistent. Sometimes he's good, boring, annoying, OTT dramatic, or just mediocre.

I'd say that Billie Lourd is MVP (surprisingly so, as I was just expecting her to be some random grand/daughter of celebrities wanting to be famous with nothing of her own to bring to the table, but she has great screen presence with this character). Porter is also doing quite well.

Last edited by robm_2007; 10-10-17 at 02:34.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-17, 18:26   #1264
trfan16
Archaeologist

This week's episode (#6) was a sort of a step back for me compared to last week's episode. Then again, it would be kind of hard to top last week's episode. My thoughts:

The opening scene of the episode shows an unknown assailant shooting random people including Kai at one of his campaign speeches. The assailant was most likely a woman considering how well her nails were well manicured. After the SWAT team invades the scene, we see them capture Ally who looks like the culprit. Knowing how AHS works, there was probably some kind of twist that was going to be revealed later. The twist was that Kai orchestrated everything ny having Meadow shoot him and then kill herself. All for in the name of "love". Well, this scene definitely fit the "Cult" theme of this season so I guess this season is living up the main theme each passing episode.

Some other highlights of this episode:
- Mare Winningham returns to play a role as a candidate running against Kai for city election. She even mocks him in a forum. Of course, Kai doesn't take light of this and makes an example out of her. These scenes were the best part of the episode.
- Ally discovers that Ivy is part of the killer clown cult from Meadow. Of course, Kai wanted this to happen from the start. Despite being suspicious of Meadow's claims, she gets confirmation when she supposedly sees Ivy in her killer clown outfit (although it could be one of the other cult members?)
- Ivy shares her experience with Kai about how much of a compulsive person Ally is. It kind of makes it easier to take Ivy's side for me.

We haven't seen Ozz in a few episodes now. I wonder how his story will unfold now that one of his mother's are in custody and the other has been exposed for being part of the killer clown cult?

I give this episode an 8.5/10.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-17, 20:24   #1265
robm_2007
Legend

They seriously wasted the grade-A beef that is TJ Hoban (the gym boss). Seriously, as gay as this show is, they killed off the hottest guy ever to grace it in mere minutes AND don't even get him to go shirtless? -1000000/10.

Reminds me of how they wasted Max Greenfield in Hotel; though he did get more screentime.

They also killed off Mare Winningham way too soon. I think I've only seen her in AHS, but she's actually quite a good character actress.

I'm waiting for Cher to show up so they can waste her, too

Adina Porter continues to be great.
Old 15-10-17, 02:29   #1266
ThatSassyKid
Relic Hunter

I'm watching Roanoke for the first time, and I'm very close to the end, and I still have no idea what the **** is going on!
Old 15-10-17, 04:14   #1267
trfan16
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
They seriously wasted the grade-A beef that is TJ Hoban (the gym boss). Seriously, as gay as this show is, they killed off the hottest guy ever to grace it in mere minutes AND don't even get him to go shirtless? -1000000/10.

Reminds me of how they wasted Max Greenfield in Hotel; though he did get more screentime.

They also killed off Mare Winningham way too soon. I think I've only seen her in AHS, but she's actually quite a good character actress.

I'm waiting for Cher to show up so they can waste her, too

Adina Porter continues to be great.
I love Mare Winningham too. Her role as Evan Peters character's maid in Hotel was one of the few characters from that season that I looked forward to. Her one lone appearance in Cult was good too. I would like to see her in a full time role for sure.

Adina Porter has been great this season too. She also killed it in Roanoke too. I'm glad that Ryan Murphy allows new cast members to star in the recent seasons. Alison Pill and Billie Lourd have been great this season too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
I'm watching Roanoke for the first time, and I'm very close to the end, and I still have no idea what the **** is going on!
What do you think of Roanoke so far? I loved the first half of it, but the second half was pretty disappointing. I remember how Murphy hyped up the plot twist, but most of the fans knew what was going to happen anyways. If only he kept his mouth shut about it lol.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-17, 04:25   #1268
ThatSassyKid
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfan16 View Post
What do you think of Roanoke so far? I loved the first half of it, but the second half was pretty disappointing. I remember how Murphy hyped up the plot twist, but most of the fans knew what was going to happen anyways. If only he kept his mouth shut about it lol.
I like it as a thriller/horror, but not as AHS.
Old 15-10-17, 04:58   #1269
robm_2007
Legend

I loved the plot twist even though it wasn't a surprise. It was super obvious even if he didn't say anything, but I thought it was entertaining enough. I think from E6 on, the show was mostly very good (with E6 being one the best in the whole series).
Old 15-10-17, 05:00   #1270
ThatSassyKid
Relic Hunter

There was a plot twist?