www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 21-05-20, 18:17   #1
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Default #shortitout with Ben Wheatley - Q&A Questions!

I have submitted the questions, thanks everyone who replied to this thread!

You can watch the webinar+Q&A session here, tomorrow at 18:00 London time.

(Thanks Tonyrobinson for the youtube link!)

-------------------------------
Original Post:

Hi everyone!

As you might know if you have been checking the General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread, next week (28th May) there is going to be a Q&A session with Ben Wheatley over Zoom, where one of the topics discussed will be the next Tomb Raider movie! Participation is free, but you need to register to attend, which you can do here.

If you register, you will also get an email address for which you can send any question you want to ask Ben. And while I think it would be great if each one of us sends their own personal questions directly, I also think it would be a great idea if we could send a collective email as a fandom with our own Tomb Raider-related questions, to show our enthusiasm, our support and how eager for news about the movie we are!

That is why I opened this thread, so we could collect our questions without overcrowding the General Thread.

I think the best way to organize ourselves would be for each one of us to leave their questions in one single reply to this thread. If you think of a new question to ask, just edit your original reply. Deadline will be 25th May at 22:00 GMT, time at which I will collect all the questions on this thread and send them to the organizers of the event.

Also, feel free to repeat questions that have already been asked in this thread! It helps in highlighting the question that we fans as a whole want to see answered.

Bear in mind that there is no guarantee that Ben will be asked or answer any of this questions!

Anyways, feel free to leave your questions here!

Last edited by Portugalraider; 27-05-20 at 16:30.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-20, 19:03   #2
andre_costa
Explorer

This is a great idea! To be honest, I believe we are better of just sending our questions as a fandom instead of sending them individually. It shows we are united, an image that this fandom URGENTLY needs, imo. So,

First of all, I think that the first thing we have to do is to welcome both Amy and Ben to Tomb Raider, make them feel at home or something Saying that we at TRF are all very excited to see what they can do with character and with Tomb Raider in general.

After this, we can start with the questions, and my questions are:

- What can we expect from the movie?
- Will Lara begin the second movie as confident as she ended in the first one?
- Trinity or Ana - who is the villain? (I know he won't answer this one but what the heck... )
- Supernatural elements?
- Duals?
- Will we have more of Croft Manor? Winston?
- What do you think you will bring new to the table?

I doubt he will answer most of these questions, but oh well
Old 21-05-20, 19:16   #3
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

How does your approach to a video game film change compared to a traditional story, if at all?

In the past you've mentioned you're a gamer, have you played the Tomb Raider games?

Can you compare the experience of working on a large scale feature and how it differs from the traditional smaller scaled productions you've worked on?

Do you and Amy collaborate on screenplays and co-direct or is it mostly that she does the writing and you the directing?

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 21-05-20 at 19:18.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-20, 20:45   #4
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

What was Amy Jump inspired to write Tomb Raider sequel?

Will there be connections to video games in the sequel?

Will the movie be adventure or action?

Will there be any family plot in the movie?

Have you taken the Rise and Shadow of Tomb Raider video games as references?

Will you recover the two pistols or supernatural elements for this movie?

Will the Croft manor return?

Lara will travel more than in the first movie?

We will see Lara driving some vehicle in action scenes?

Have you played Tomb Raider before? What is your favorite game in the franchise?

We will see an emotional or kick ass Lara Croft?
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-20, 01:26   #5
TrustyBow
Professor

This is a really good idea but I feel like this is way too many questions. We should probably have 5 - 6 at max.

I'll be attending the event as well btw Hoping that we'll hear some exclusive news and not just "Yeah I mean it's a movie we're making."
Old 22-05-20, 07:46   #6
andre_costa
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
This is a really good idea but I feel like this is way too many questions. We should probably have 5 - 6 at max.
I think we can send as many questions as we want because those who are organizing the event will choose what questions to ask to him.
Old 22-05-20, 11:01   #7
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre_costa View Post
I think we can send as many questions as we want because those who are organizing the event will choose what questions to ask to him.
Yeah. But it’s hard for them to pick when you’re sending in essays filled with questions. It’s a little self centered just asking literally every possible question there is. I mean whats the point of anyone else even commenting a question now?

The polite thing to do would be for everyone to just go back and edit their post into one question so that other people are allowed to join in.
Old 22-05-20, 12:01   #8
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

I think it's still better to have people keep posting all the questions they have. That won't be an issue at least from my part.

What I can perhaps do is to analyse all the questions asked and see which ones keep repeating and have them grouped as "general community questions", leaving the remaining questions attached to each specific user. That way the organizers at least might have a clear group of questions they might want to focus on. Before sending the email I will share the "general" questions in this thread for people to see.

But if you have questions, keep posting any you have and don't worry about the final number. Organising large amounts of data is already part of my job, it won't be anything new to me.
Old 22-05-20, 12:45   #9
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

They'll be under NDA for a lot of stuff in regards to what they can and can't talk about. That's why I focused more on general technical and behind the scenes stuff I think these are the things they'll actually be able to answer and it's a seminar so it will most likely be about film making with a small update on production etc.
Old 22-05-20, 14:54   #10
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Practical one: Who else are you working with behind the camera on Tomb Raider 2, are you re-teaming with Laurie Rose?
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote