www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 31-01-15, 18:45   #1
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

Default Adding weapons into a level using Fexmerger?

Ok this is for TR2-5

I don't know how to add weapons into a level, I know how to Merge in animations, I put HK gun animation into every level so I could use HK gun without crashing

But on TR4, I wanted to add a Shotgun in a level but I'm not sure how to do it, I know how to set up Source and Targets but that's about it

Also I've been thinking about adding weapons into the 2nd level of TR5 but again I'm not sure how to do it
Old 01-02-15, 10:23   #2
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

You have two methods available to transfer from source to target.

Direct transfer method

If the slot number of the source is not in the target slot then you can direct transfer from the source to the target.

In the case of the shotgun, you tick all the shotgun slots in the source and transfer them to the target with MERGE. To get it to work you would need to tick shotgun, shotgun animation, shotgun in hand, shotgun on floor, and shotgun shells.

You would then need to place 'a shotgun on ground' plus 'a number of shotgun shells on the ground' in the level using fexinspect, so Lara can pick those up.

Changing slot method

This is useful of you want to place a slot from the source to a specific existing slot in the target. For example below, making Von Croy into a demigod.

First you tick the demigod in source, then number 77 comes up, you then change that to 36 (von croys slot in target), then MERGE.

You can sometimes get crazy results if the A.I. (artificial intelligence) or animations get mixed up, but it is worth experimenting with it.

TR5 modding

You can use the above method for TR5, but be warned that TR5 is different from the earlier games due to having rather full/large data files, and can be corrupted very easily with too much modding using all TR tools available. So do one little mod at a time and test the level afterwards.

When I make TR5 videos with modding, I tend to use multiple copies of the level, and just add the mod needed to one copy at the time for one bit of video, then use another copy level with a different bit of modding in it, to do the next piece of video.

That way, the modding is minimal per copy level, and it does not crash or black out.

The viewers of my video do not know I used many copy levels to make the video, as it just looks the same TR5 level, so I get a lot of modding shown, but not crashing, very sneaky, he he.

Cheers Chi

Last edited by The Great Chi; 01-02-15 at 22:47.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-15, 10:55   #3
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

Ok I have FexInspect but how do I add Items with it, I'm confused
Old 01-02-15, 11:03   #4
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

For fexmerger...

The items that are not in your level is the (Target)

You then look for a level in the game that has the item you want This level with the item, you now put in at the (Source).

You then transfer the item from source to target.

EDIT...Fexinspect I will discuss below.

Last edited by The Great Chi; 01-02-15 at 18:07.
Old 01-02-15, 11:22   #5
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

When I open Fexinspect I get this

http://i.imgur.com/E6eZHcs.png

But what do I do after this step
Old 01-02-15, 17:32   #6
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

I assume that you now know how to use fexmerger to put the shotgun, and animation and shells into the level.

You have opened fexinspect and the level settomb1.tr4 according to your picture.

I am not sure why you are picking this level as it has shotgun and shells within it, when checking the items list. You could easily move the shotgun and shells in this level (using fexinspect) to the start of the level with Lara in room 36.

Do you not want to do an example where a level has no shotgun and shells and I will tell you how to put them in it?

Last edited by The Great Chi; 01-02-15 at 17:36.
Old 01-02-15, 17:38   #7
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

I know how to use Fexmerger maybe another example could be City of the Dead, having the shotgun spawn underneath Lara
Old 01-02-15, 18:03   #8
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

OK, open fexinspect and open bikebit.tr4. (You have already put the shotgun , shotgun animationand shells in via fexmerger).

Now go to the room Lara is in, and thats room 25, and she is at co-ordinates 101,4, 61, as picture below.

Now to add shotgun....
Click ITEMS, Click on CREATE, and go down the list to shotgun, now click shotgun and click on 'select room', and set co-ordinates as 101, 4, 61, then click create.

The shotgun will now be under laras feet.

To add shotgun shells...
Click ITEMS, Click on CREATE, and go down the list to shotgun shells, now click shotgun shells and click on 'select room', and set co-ordinates as 101, 4, 61, then click create.

If you want more shells just press duplicate.

Save game and its ready to play.
Old 01-02-15, 18:17   #9
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

Thanks Chi, you helped me so much

I can now join you guys over in mod heaven

Althrough I have a slight issue with fexinspect, the slots have nothing in them. it's nothing breaking as I can still Insert stuff (only harder XD) but just wandering if there is a way to fix it

Old 01-02-15, 18:30   #10
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

That looks like a compatabity problem with the fexinspect tool itself not showing al the visual details. Check compatibility mode, . Are you using win8, as fexinspect does work fine up to win 7 (thats what I am using).

ANOTHER WAY TO GET SHELLS...
Oh another point, in city of the dead level.

There was no need to add in shells via fexmerger, as the level (city of the dead) was full of them.

What you do if you want to bring some existing shells in the level back to where lara is. Just use fexinspect only....

Go find a shell in another room, click on the shell, then while on ITEMS, click duplicate, and this creates another shell.

Now change its room number to 25, thats where lara is, and save the level, and then reopen level again in fexinspect.

The shell is now somewhere in room 25, find it, click on it. Now change the co-ordinates of the shell to that of laras co-ordinates, and the shell then moves to Laras feet. If you then want more shells press duplicate.

Then save game and your ready to play.

Phew to much talk

Last edited by The Great Chi; 01-02-15 at 20:20.