Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Comics, Books and Novels

Old 16-09-16, 07:10   #551
anthonycraig

What do you take me for, CD/Square?! I'm not made of money!

Really excited for these though Loving the pairing of Phillip, Mariko and Michael, and the very talented cover artists of course.
anthonycraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-16, 23:21   #552
laracroft1997

just got these comics, i'm hoping sam will end up in a coffin *crosses fingers*
so we don't become rescue raider in the next game
laracroft1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-16, 21:11   #553
iWANEX
Golden

I just finished reading the arc 1 (Season of the Witch) for the first time and I have to say I didn't quite like it as much as I thought I would. The dialogs were abysmal, I didn't like the drawings (specially Lara) and the story was pretty much the Reboot all over again. I liked that the Solari wanted Mathias to come back to life but still, it was very poorly done. Does it get better guys?

I have a little more faith in the second arc (Secrets and Lies) as I've read that Rhianna is involved in the story. What do you think?
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-16, 21:18   #554
Heidi_w_

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
I just finished reading the arc 1 (Season of the Witch) for the first time and I have to say I didn't quite like it as much as I thought I would. The dialogs were abysmal, I didn't like the drawings (specially Lara) and the story was pretty much the Reboot all over again. I liked that the Solari wanted Mathias to come back to life but still, it was very poorly done. Does it get better guys?

I have a little more faith in the second arc (Secrets and Lies) as I've read that Rhianna is involved in the story. What do you think?
You're talking about the first series, right? A couple of issues had quite lovely art, but for the most part it looked pretty bland.

The art in the new post-Rise series is noticeably better though

The new series has a single artist and writer for the entire run, which I think helps -- maybe too many cooks in the kitchen hampered the first series.

Last edited by Heidi_w_; 17-09-16 at 21:19.
Heidi_w_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-16, 21:39   #555
iWANEX
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi_w_ View Post
You're talking about the first series, right? A couple of issues had quite lovely art, but for the most part it looked pretty bland.

The art in the new post-Rise series is noticeably better though

The new series has a single artist and writer for the entire run, which I think helps -- maybe too many cooks in the kitchen hampered the first series.
As far as I know there are 3 different arcs that take place between reboot and Rise. I just read the first arc. Need to finish the other two and then I'll start with the post-Rise arcs.
Old 17-09-16, 21:48   #556
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
As far as I know there are 3 different arcs that take place between reboot and Rise. I just read the first arc. Need to finish the other two and then I'll start with the post-Rise arcs.
The first arc of post TR'13 was pretty meh, tbh. I'm not familiar with comic writers, but I was under the impression Gail Simone was a decent comic writer, so I'm not sure what she was thinking. I can only guess she was limited to keep close to the Yamatai plot. The 2nd and 3rd arcs are better, imo. Rhianna co-writes arc 2 and writes arc 3. The art improves a bit too. Stick with them, these stories are decent. The Post Rise ones are better again if you prefer a bit more action and weird mushroom myths.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-16, 22:40   #557
iWANEX
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
The first arc of post TR'13 was pretty meh, tbh. I'm not familiar with comic writers, but I was under the impression Gail Simone was a decent comic writer, so I'm not sure what she was thinking. I can only guess she was limited to keep close to the Yamatai plot. The 2nd and 3rd arcs are better, imo. Rhianna co-writes arc 2 and writes arc 3. The art improves a bit too. Stick with them, these stories are decent. The Post Rise ones are better again if you prefer a bit more action and weird mushroom myths.
I see. So here's hoping it gets better with time. I want to know what happens between the games and after Rise.

I also liked seeing Reyes and her daughter, as well as Jonah and Sam. Even though they are not GREAT characters, I came to love them for some reason, lol.
Old 22-09-16, 15:29   #558
Zsott

Okay, I just finished the last one.
and I dont understand ANYTHING.

Some spoiers.
The divine source is gone...why Trinity is still after it?
Who are those bartenders, and why the want Sam? (like obviously they will going after her...)
Oh and I just love the fact, they don't show the "mysterios voice" from the very last cutscene in Rise.

Apart from that, Lara was awesome. Like really, with fast thinking, quick moving and stuff.

I think the third game will be really interesting. I'm looking forward to it.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-16, 16:47   #559
Cezar

Spoiler quastion:
Is it Sam on the last page of this issue?
Cezar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-16, 16:49   #560
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cezar View Post
Spoiler quastion:
Yes it was
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote