www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 27-05-17, 11:36   #131
Hazelphoenix
Professor

It skyrocketed to over 34k now Thanks to whoever pledged 7500£ for the infada stone reward.
Hazelphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-17, 19:08   #132
larafan1996
Historian

Nathan's music really did give the series a unique identity, one that was a perfect reflection of Lara Croft herself. So many unforgettable compositions, the main theme will always be timeless, I can't wait to hear it all fully orchestrated.

Last edited by larafan1996; 27-05-17 at 19:20.
larafan1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-17, 22:37   #133
Zebra
Legend

Hm, the second day hasn't been that great. I mean, the campaign has raised around 11k on day 2 (so far, still about half an hour left) but 7k of that has been because someone took the Infada Stone package so in terms of number of backers it's slowed down considerably (from over 300 to less than 100).
Old 28-05-17, 01:34   #134
TombRaiderLover
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Hm, the second day hasn't been that great. I mean, the campaign has raised around 11k on day 2 (so far, still about half an hour left) but 7k of that has been because someone took the Infada Stone package so in terms of number of backers it's slowed down considerably (from over 300 to less than 100).
Yeah, it's a little concerning. I'm hoping the pledging isn't overly front-loaded. Pay day approaches, though, so maybe most people are holding off till then. Apparently 2000 people attended the concert in December. You'd think the majority of them would contribute.
Old 28-05-17, 02:37   #135
ajrich17901
Tomb Raider

Honestly I've been holding off until I see the finalized CD art, they should have had that ready before the kickstarter launched. Also the pledge rewards haven't really wowed me so I'll probably just end up getting the jewel case one. Pretty sure either way the kickststarter will meet its goal by the middle of next month.
ajrich17901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-17, 03:14   #136
Kapu
Professor

Just pledged £75 (well, £94 including shipping fees) and I wish I had more to contribute! Seeing this project become a reality is something I want so badly for myself and the rest of us soundtrack nuts.

I understand some people aren't keen on the artwork, but PLEASE don't let this stop you from contributing. Having a nice looking piece of merch to display is great, but the music inside is the most valuable part of the package. Not pledging means there will be nothing to display at all. Not even a less-than-perfect cover, and there will definitely be no studio recordings to listen to.

Not only that, Nathan has said the designs are not final. So again, please, contribute now and let this project become a reality, and then let Nathan fuss over the cover design.

Last edited by Kapu; 28-05-17 at 03:16.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-17, 08:01   #137
b122251
Explorer

I think part of the problem is that this campaign has not done a very good job of making people outside of these forums aware of it. Several other successful Kickstarter-campaigns had several youtubers talking about it, and people talking about it on twitter and such. I think lots of people who would contribute simply don't know about it, and most of the people on these forums who want to contribute have probably already done so. The problem is that we have a time limit. We need to get this out. We should at least get youtubers who are popular among PS1 fans aware of this thing (I'm thinking Caddicarus and people like him. He may not have the biggest audience, but a lot of them are PS1 fans), because PS1 fans are the most likely to contribute to this project. But we need to do it quickly.

Last edited by b122251; 28-05-17 at 08:02.
b122251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-17, 08:44   #138
Hazelphoenix
Professor

A little heads-up because the FAQ section of Kickstarter was probably not up to date. This is what it says concerning the available payment methods:

Quote:
What forms of payment can I use to make a pledge?

You can use a debit or credit card associated with Visa, Discover, JCB, MasterCard, or American Express. Discover and JCB cards are currently only accepted for US-based projects.

We do not currently accept Maestro or Visa Electron cards. If using a pre-paid credit card, please make sure that the card has a value of at least $1 more than your pledge amount.
Turns out they indeed accept this kind of cards, just asked a friend of mine who was able to make the pledge using a Visa electron card and it worked just fine. They already did it in several occasions on the same site and no issues at all. This might be helpful if someone thought they couldn't donate using an electron card (like me).

PayPal is still not accepted though (double checked this one as well).
Hazelphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-17, 10:54   #139
Alex Fly

Like some of you I'm finding this worrying. The campaign should do a lot better already. There's clearly a problem advertising it. I visited a couple of - supposed - major Tomb Raider fan sites and for almost all of them there's not even a single mention of it on their main page. That's a joke, right? Oh c'mon!

And concerning the fake excuses like "I don't trust paying with my card online" (it's Kickstarter and it's safe, it's 2017 don't tell me you never ordered anything online I can't believe it, find a better excuse next time), "I'm waiting to see the final art for the cover" (this will probably be unveiled once they'll be almost ready to dispatch the orders and have finished recorded everything, also isn't the main important the soundtracks themselves?), or "I'll order it later when I'll find it in the shops or on Amazon" (obviously that's not going to happen if the Kickstarter campaign is not successful).

So everyone take your responsabilities now and invest at least a couple of bucks (every little can help) to help the Kickstarter being successful.
Thanks in advance.
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-17, 12:06   #140
Heartache
Professor

im spamming comments on tr1-5 lets plays right now. hope atleast a few more people will help when they see it