www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 28-05-17, 13:37   #141
TombRaiderLover
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by b122251 View Post
We need to get this out. We should at least get youtubers who are popular among PS1 fans aware of this thing (I'm thinking Caddicarus and people like him. He may not have the biggest audience, but a lot of them are PS1 fans), because PS1 fans are the most likely to contribute to this project. But we need to do it quickly.
Just tweeted Caddicarus about it. Fingers crossed he takes an interest. I've seen loads of his videos, so I know he likes TR and is big on video game music.
Old 28-05-17, 13:38   #142
Hazelphoenix
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Fly View Post
Like some of you I'm finding this worrying. The campaign should do a lot better already. There's clearly a problem advertising it. I visited a couple of - supposed - major Tomb Raider fan sites and for almost all of them there's not even a single mention of it on their main page. That's a joke, right? Oh c'mon!
I am a bit puzzled by this. It's not like webmsters are forced to write full articles or spend 5 hours per day promoting the campaign. Even just a single retweet costs nothing and could do miracles. People are not forced to donate either, just a little bit of collaboration would be enough I guess. Help spreading the word, that's important as much as funding.
Hazelphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-17, 14:07   #143
Alex Fly

I never said the contrary. Every little can help of course but putting at least one line about the project on the front page of your Tomb Raider fansite (which is probably visited by a lot of persons every day) can help a lot (and by a lot, I mean a big lot). That's what I meant. This would contribute to spread the word. Also not everyone is on social networks regularly.
The starting date of the project was announced earlier so it's not like Nathan said "Surprise! It's ready, we're starting today!" so as a webmaster you can be prepared for it. That's what I mean. It doesn't take long to add it on a page.

Personally if some webmasters see my message and are offended by it, then it simply means they feel concerned and it would mean I nail'ed it perfectly. If they don't have the time to post anything on their website to promote it for some reasons but backed on it and spread the word on social networks then it's already a good thing.

But what I'm trying to mean is that what I see globally and at the moment is clearly not enough to help this Kickstarter campaign.

I'll try to spread the word more on my side as well by trying to contact some folks who work on big gaming websites and posting a thread advertising it on another gaming forum I visit daily.

Great job to everyone so far! Let's do this! We must reach the goal!
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-17, 14:42   #144
Gh0stBlade
Archaeologist

Did someone really just edit the TR suit kickstarter link out of my signature? Pathetic, should be ashamed of yourself whoever did it without the decency to let me know.

I hate this forum.
Old 28-05-17, 14:47   #145
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by b122251 View Post
I think part of the problem is that this campaign has not done a very good job of making people outside of these forums aware of it. Several other successful Kickstarter-campaigns had several youtubers talking about it, and people talking about it on twitter and such. I think lots of people who would contribute simply don't know about it, and most of the people on these forums who want to contribute have probably already done so. The problem is that we have a time limit. We need to get this out. We should at least get youtubers who are popular among PS1 fans aware of this thing (I'm thinking Caddicarus and people like him. He may not have the biggest audience, but a lot of them are PS1 fans), because PS1 fans are the most likely to contribute to this project. But we need to do it quickly.
I think having this thread in the TR1 section on here probably isn't helping, either. Should maybe ask one of the mods if we can create another thread in Gen Chat so more people on here will see it?
Old 28-05-17, 14:55   #146
TombRaiderLover
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
Did someone really just edit the TR suit kickstarter link out of my signature? Pathetic, should be ashamed of yourself whoever did it without the decency to let me know.

I hate this forum.
That's pretty bizarre. You'd think they'd make an exception in this case.
Old 28-05-17, 15:06   #147
Hazelphoenix
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Fly View Post
I never said the contrary. Every little can help of course but putting at least one line about the project on the front page of your Tomb Raider fansite (which is probably visited by a lot of persons every day) can help a lot (and by a lot, I mean a big lot). That's what I meant. This would contribute to spread the word. Also not everyone is on social networks regularly.
The starting date of the project was announced earlier so it's not like Nathan said "Surprise! It's ready, we're starting today!" so as a webmaster you can be prepared for it. That's what I mean. It doesn't take long to add it on a page.

Personally if some webmasters see my message and are offended by it, then it simply means they feel concerned and it would mean I nail'ed it perfectly. If they don't have the time to post anything on their website to promote it for some reasons but backed on it and spread the word on social networks then it's already a good thing.

But what I'm trying to mean is that what I see globally and at the moment is clearly not enough to help this Kickstarter campaign.

I'll try to spread the word more on my side as well by trying to contact some folks who work on big gaming websites and posting a thread advertising it on another gaming forum I visit daily.

Great job to everyone so far! Let's do this! We must reach the goal!
My bad, when I wrote "puzzled by this" I meant seeing people who could not be bothered to at least help promoting the project, I was actually agreeing with you, sorry for the bad wording
Hazelphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-17, 15:20   #148
Zebra
Legend

I guess we should wait till early June to see how many people were holding off till they got their paycheck but yeah, so far days two and three have been underwhelming .
Old 28-05-17, 15:21   #149
Sanglyph
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderLover View Post
Just tweeted Caddicarus about it. Fingers crossed he takes an interest. I've seen loads of his videos, so I know he likes TR and is big on video game music.
Shot him a message about it on Tumblr as well earlier today. There's a good chance he'll check out and even share the Kickstarter which would reach a ton of potentially interested people!
Old 28-05-17, 15:34   #150
Alex Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
I think having this thread in the TR1 section on here probably isn't helping, either. Should maybe ask one of the mods if we can create another thread in Gen Chat so more people on here will see it?
Effectively I think this could help. A lot of people rarely visit the TR1 section anymore and there's always a big traffic in General Chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelphoenix View Post
My bad, when I wrote "puzzled by this" I meant seeing people who could not be bothered to at least help promoting the project, I was actually agreeing with you, sorry for the bad wording
Woops my bad.

Glad to see we share the same feelings.
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote