www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 26-12-17, 17:55   #111
disapearing-boy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMN View Post
The next big thing to do is adding more actions like examining, ammo selection and combining/separating items.
Remarkable work! It's great to see.

I'm wondering how you will incorporate those features, seeing as the up/down keys are used to move between layers. Would you have to press 'action' to select the object and then contextual options appear? Just curious.
Old 26-12-17, 23:58   #112
TR-Freak
Professor

Has anyone managed to save custom Data in an ItemSlot?
I'd like to create a new Enemy and this enemy should store some data when it is triggered. Neither the Tutorial Plugins nor the Tutorial itself states how to create custom fields on a per-Item base (each triggered enemy should contain unique data) or if it's even possible
Old 27-12-17, 00:39   #113
AkyV

The Custom_A, B, C, D fields of Item Memory Zone fields are Reserved_34, 36, 38, 3A in the plugin sources. There you should place your custom data.
(Next time discuss it in the open DLL chat, please. )
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-17, 09:37   #114
JMN
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disapearing-boy View Post
I'm wondering how you will incorporate those features, seeing as the up/down keys are used to move between layers. Would you have to press 'action' to select the object and then contextual options appear?
Yes, there will need to be an additional action press to select the current item and show a contextual action menu. Might get annoying though having to press action twice just to use an item, so I'm thinking if there's no additional actions no menu will show up and the item will just be used straight away.

When changing ammo types or combining with another item, the current ring will be replaced by a list of ammo types or combinable items respectively.

Suggestions are welcome.
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-17, 13:01   #115
TR-Freak
Professor

https://streamable.com/lvf7k

Small custom Enemy test.

I am working on an enemy with a more "advanced" AI.

The enemy has different AI states:

Normal
Curious
Searching
Alarmed

You have a little timeframe you can be visible to the enemy without the enemy being alarmed (default is 1 second). He will then switch to "Curious".
When he is curious, he goes to the last location he saw lara. (I.e. "He's not sure if he saw something")
In the Video he starts to move when he becomes curious.

He also has a timeframe for how long he stays curious.
If he doesn't see Lara again, he becomes normal again.

Planned:

If he sees Lara while being curious, he is actively searching for her, but is not yet alarmed.

If he sees Lara while searching for her, he becomes alarmed, and tries to attack her. If there are nearby enemies, it will also alarm them.

Currently, I'm struggling with Pathfinding, since trng doesn't seem to provide functionality for pathfinding or a simple "move to" function.
Old 28-12-17, 00:59   #116
Boobandie
Professor

Are you able to make him walk back to his starting position if he doesn't become Alarmed after being Curious? It looks a little odd for him to just stand facing the wall after investigating.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-17, 03:06   #117
matrix54
Tomb Raider

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMN View Post
Yes, there will need to be an additional action press to select the current item and show a contextual action menu. Might get annoying though having to press action twice just to use an item, so I'm thinking if there's no additional actions no menu will show up and the item will just be used straight away.

When changing ammo types or combining with another item, the current ring will be replaced by a list of ammo types or combinable items respectively.

Suggestions are welcome.
This is all so great!

The ring menu isnít really build for combing things together.

You could have a menu exclusively for weapon parts. The manus would look like this:

Key Items (maybe move the crowbar here like in TR3?)
Ammo Types & Weapon Parts (Toggle The Lasersight when a weapon is equipped)
Weapons
Option, Loading, & Saving

For combining, if something needs to be combined, it would move to the center and the player selects what needs to be combined by rotating.

That could also work for weapons - the player selects the crossbow (maybe presses jump or something for combine or something), and ammo menu is drawn with a crossbow in the center and the player toggles the lasrersight and chooses their ammo.
Old 28-12-17, 08:11   #118
Boobandie
Professor

When you have the item selected and you hit "combine", you could just have it turn translucent and freeze its location, then the player could rotate the ring as normal to select the item they want to combine it with. It would look really cool with things like the eye of horus puzzle as the pieces would line up before you click them together.

Also leave the crowbar where it is. It was only in the upper ring in TR3 because they faked it by using it as a key item rather than the tool it was supposed to be. Hence why you had to keep picking it up.

Last edited by Boobandie; 28-12-17 at 08:14.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-17, 16:58   #119
Krystian
Explorer

Wow, some exciting stuff here! Really looking forward to the Ring Inventory!

I've also started tinkering with something, but it's not nearly as impressive...

As you can clearly see, this is still in a very rough stage, the animations are unpolished, there are seams in the transitions here and there, and the camera is very sloppy. But as a proof of concept, it's certainly heading in the right direction.
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-17, 17:04   #120
Titak

Wow!!!
That is so cool!
I've been wondering if that AOD move would be possible with TRNG, but I never tried.

Good job!