www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 06-04-17, 14:34   #31
Titak

^
That could also be useful.
Old 06-04-17, 22:43   #32
TheTiger
Professor

I like both of those features. A lot!
TheTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-17, 10:43   #33
AkyV

Thank you all!
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 07:47   #34
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Oh wow AkyV, these features look great! Btw, does the falling floor one works with TR1-3 type of falling floor(does this object work with TRLE btw)?

I also have a general question: did anyone release a plugin already?
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 10:23   #35
AkyV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Oh wow AkyV, these features look great!

Thanks!

Quote:
Btw, does the falling floor one works with TR1-3 type of falling floor(does this object work with TRLE btw)?
This is not an object I edited. It is a casual TRLR falling floor, if I remember well, then I got it from KV5 WAD.
What I edited is an object parameter (the shivering timer) that is stored in a memory field, so I could modify it in my plugin.

Unfortunately, this forced timer is need to stored in savegames, naturally.
I mean, like TRNG, the plugin also fiddles with variables. There are infinite ones. (The level builder can see none of them, it is only the plugin maker's job.) I need one variable for each object with forced timer to store that timer in savegames. That is why the falling blocks like that (at the same time!) are limited, I created only five variables for them. (If it is asked later, I can add more variables, though.)

More other object setups in my plugin has the same limitation, for similar reasons. Like those teeth spikes. (Fortunately, the variable is useable again later for another object, if you stopped the customization for the previous one.)

Quote:
I also have a general question: did anyone release a plugin already?
As far as I know, nobody. (A main reason is we still have a tons of questions to be asked Paolone.) AODfan is working on a classic rollingball, we have tested it more than a month ago, but no news since then.

Last edited by AkyV; 10-04-17 at 11:37.
Old 13-04-17, 12:33   #36
Paolone
Explorer

Great AkyV, my compliments.

About another matter (that I believe it fits fine in this thread) I wondered if it was useful having a thread for who wished to do know in advance what new feature/enemy/skill, he/she is going to work.

I explain better this speech.
It's not necessary of course (about plugin conflicts ect) giving this notice in advance, the problem is another.
What's happen if a plugin builder decides to spend many of his time to develop some feature, for instance mine cart object, and he doesn't know that, in same interval, another plugin builder is working on same object?

The problem is not the competition but the fact that one guy could wish to work for some really new feature and, if he had known that there was already that work in progress, perhaps he should have chosen another new skill to develop.

In spite I know that some people could prefer anyway don't give in advance their future project, I believe it should be useful having a thread (like this but more specific and concise about its target) where (only who want) will be able to inform that he is going to develop a new plugin for a given feature.

I wondered about this, because I thought to create a new plugin (to provide in source format) but I was not sure about the target. I thought about underwater propeller, the mine cart or another fully new object (parachute or hang-glider) but if some guy is already working on it, I would like avoid to overlap two works and I'll chose the feature that no one is going to create.

It was only an idea.

Anyway, changing the topic: is someone going to work on uw prop or mine cart?
Paolone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-17, 14:23   #37
Titak

^
I've just added another post to the List in which we can post which plugin is being worked on?

And then people who are working on a plugin could post in this thread what they are working on?
Kinda like the WIP levels thread.
Old 13-04-17, 19:23   #38
LGG_PRODUCTION
Explorer

For Minecart and UPV I don't think there is anybody who's working for, but I would like if someone can try
If you will work on these new vehicles, please, can you release them directly in the dll?
Because I have problems with the interactive objects made with the plugins..

Last edited by LGG_PRODUCTION; 13-04-17 at 19:25.
LGG_PRODUCTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-17, 23:04   #39
AkyV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolone View Post
Great AkyV, my compliments.
Thank you!

But I'd like to ask you to also have a look at the DLL and the TRNG 1.3.0.0 thread where we have newer questions and bug reports in the last few pages.
Old 14-04-17, 07:54   #40
Paolone
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
^
I've just added another post to the List in which we can post which plugin is being worked on?

And then people who are working on a plugin could post in this thread what they are working on?
Kinda like the WIP levels thread.
I've just seen new thread, it's perfect, thanks Titak.
Paolone is offline   Reply With Quote