www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 18-12-17, 11:16   #601
TR-Freak
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyTRC View Post
Thank you all

@TR-Freaks What do you mean? Tomb Editor will be compatible with TRNG. In effect, yoou can already add NG triggers, static meshes flags, weather, room flags. NG animated textures are coming.
Did I miss something? The Trigger window is empty when selecting Flipeffect
Old 18-12-17, 12:31   #602
MontyTRC
Historian

Have you selected TRNG as target game version?
Old 18-12-17, 13:40   #603
Joey79100
Professor

I've just had some time to test the latest version, so... Suggestion time!

In NGLE's trigger window, when you click on one of the menus to select the trigger for example, you could start typing the beginning of the name of the trigger on your keyboard to quickly jump to the category you need and find the trigger you need very fast. Additionally there are search boxes in case we're searching something specific but we don't know exactly how it's called.
This would be useful especially since they aren't stored alphabetically anymore but by their ID (which doesn't have a meaning).

Although I like the fact that you can copy the script trigger very fast as it's already on the screen, having the full trigger details can be useful, for copying in the script for example or even posting the full details somewhere like on TRF (it's been done a lot with tutorials, as text won't go away like images do after some time).
Or at least something like right-clicking the menus having a "Copy text" option?
By the way, when for example no Timer field is specified, the exported trigger won't display. NGLE shows the trigger anyway, just with a default value. This is nice because it can be used for copying on TRF, or when we want a trigger for the script without having to select an object on the map.

Another suggestion: the OCB window and other files allow for typing other things than numbers. It sounds like a bad thing at first, fortunately it's not possible to save the value with invalid characters. But this could be used for something very useful: allowing mathematical operations. See Gimp for example: in any number field, you can type something like 1+2 and it will output 3 as soon as the field loses focus. Considering in TRLE we regularly have to add OCB values, this could be a very handy shortcut, we wouldn't have to compute our OCB outside and then type it, it would be done automatically in TE.

Now about flybys:
Something to make it much quicker to make flybys would be to automatically assign a sequence and the next number to the flyby camera we just added according to the last one that has been added.
Also, maybe the simple cube should be replaced with something else, because when the camera is rotated certain ways it's difficult to see how it is exactly, for example a camera with 90 for Roll value looks the same as one with value 0, 180 or 270.
By the way, do you plan to replace cubes and spheres by something more self explanatory for cameras, lights and sinks?

There seems to be a bug too: whenever I'm trying to play a flyby sequence in my level, it triggers flyby 0 instead.

That's all for now.
Old 18-12-17, 13:46   #604
MontyTRC
Historian

Thaank you for your suggestions and reporting. We'll discuss them in dev chat
Old 18-12-17, 14:03   #605
MagPlus
Hobbyist

Hi everyone,

First of all, congratulations for this stunning work on this new editor. I have been testing it since the first beta version and I really love it

I noticed some bugs, or at least some non working functions (don't know if it has already been notified by others or not) :

- TRNG triggers seem to work except for some, such as "Force anim" that shows an error message like : "you don't have in your project any object of the type that you have required". Or "move" for which there is no value in the [extra] list box.

- It seems that Import project doesn't place "extra slots" statics in rooms.

- When importing a project there is a window that shows some missing samples and lets you add new path which is great. But, after adding the path the only thing I can do is click on [cancel] button. [OK] button doesn't do anything.

- Creating a portal on a "triangle floor step" or a "diagonal wall" makes a triangle walkable (with collision). Using "not walkable" function doesn't solve the problem. May be it's not possible to create such portals ?

- I have an object, a door with many meshes that is rotated verticaly in the editor, but is correct in game.

- Suggestions : is it possible to display the ID number of the selected object in the 3D view ?

Ask me if you need some screens or more information.

Keep the good work
MagPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-17, 14:28   #606
LoreRaider
Archaeologist

Suggestion: it's possible to implement the possibility to add or remove the effect of water? I don't like so much it and for me, it breaks a lot the lighting of rooms, I remember also F115 and F116 doing something like that on NGLE, which now doesn't do anymore

Bug: Mist effect doesn't work where I add it on rooms
Here's what I mean:

I've putted the mist on the upper room with Toggle Opacity 2 on it, so to have that old "Fog effect"
Old 18-12-17, 15:29   #607
TR-Freak
Professor

Adding to Joey's suggestions:

The mathematical operations should be allowed on any integral field including light options. Especially light is something you need to tweak very fast. (typing /3 repeatedly to reduce intensity for example is better than clicking some buttons) Also a minor thing in these integral fields: You use comma (,) instead of dot (.) to separate decimal points.
Another thing (this is just a quirk of me): 0.01 and .01 are the same, but i need to type 0.01 to make it a valid input.

Is there a chance to create a second Preview Window for Flybys? like in the lower right corner where it shows the room from the currently selected Flyby's POV?
Old 18-12-17, 15:54   #608
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreRaider View Post
Bug: Mist effect doesn't work where I add it on rooms
Here's what I mean:
[youtube/]bedI_u3-_Xk[/youtube]

I've putted the mist on the upper room with Toggle Opacity 2 on it, so to have that old "Fog effect"
Is the mist thing actually that water reflection on ceiling thing? Because the No Lensflare bug in winroomedit (which erroneously applied that effect to polygons) is not reproduced in TE, as explained earlier.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-17, 16:08   #609
Joey79100
Professor

^
No it's different, there's a mist property you can give to rooms. It is used in levels like City of the Dead for example, also in TR3 Jungle if I remember correctly.
Old 18-12-17, 17:26   #610
LaraCablara
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Is the mist thing actually that water reflection on ceiling thing? Because the No Lensflare bug in winroomedit (which erroneously applied that effect to polygons) is not reproduced in TE, as explained earlier.
Selecing M in the original room editor applied the reflection effect to the lowest parts of a floor, it was mostly used in combination with toggle opacity to make that mist effect. It was a really cool feature that I remember using a lot.

I think a lot of people might not have understood it because it's mostly visible when the floor is flat.
LaraCablara is offline   Reply With Quote