www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old Today, 07:03   #34821
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian Carlo View Post
The purpose of a remake is to expand, not to shrink it, except in some cases.

RE3 remake is a crap game not just because it scaled down everything the original did (which was ALREADY short) but because it feels like a step backwards even when compared to RE2 remake in its level design.

It lacks puzzles, too linear, the city segments are way shorter, no clocktower, lab section feels boring and uninspiring and even if in the original Nemesis didn’t persue Jill that much other than some scripted segment aswell, he feels like a joke compared to Mr. X.

This excuse that just because in the original was also like this or like that needs to stop. They decided to remake a game that was already flawed but at least was ICONIC, and what did they do? Everything otherwise. Nemesis can’t even kill any of the STARS.
Yeah I agree with that. As someone who has never played the originals of either RE2 or 3, 3make did feel underwhelming as **** compared to RE2make. Everything about it felt like it had less effort and love put into it.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; Today at 07:05.
Yeauxleaux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:11   #34822
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

I wonder if RE3make was created the way it is only for the purpose if RE2make doesn't work because this one was very puzzle/exploration heavy. However the game was a success but RE3make was too far into development to change anything ?

Last edited by Chamayoo; Today at 07:12.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:47   #34823
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

I understand the original RE3 was actually a bit more linear, less puzzle-based and more action-focused than the original RE2, no? They seem to have wanted to keep the remakes in the spirit of the games they were based on.

Really they should have just made the RE3 remake closer to RE2, more horror, slower-paced, puzzles and exploration. Even without playing the original (I've watched some on YouTube) I can clearly see where the game needs improving.

The "introduction" should really have ended as soon as Jill left the apartment building. There should have then been quite an open section of city where the story builds, expanding on the guy who dies to save her in the bar and the nutter who locks himself in the truck. I'm aware this was a much bigger, more open part in the original but for some reason we just fly through it in the remake.

The first city section after you leave the subway should be much bigger and with a more involved/intricate back-and-forth fetch quest, and with Nemesis actively stalking you. Ditto for the NEST section at the end, maybe not with Nemesis stalking you by that point but certainly it should be much bigger.

Keep the clock tower and maybe the park too.

I wish they'd put enough content in the game to give Carlos an entirely separate campaign.
Old Today, 08:29   #34824
killchan
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
I understand the original RE3 was actually a bit more linear, less puzzle-based and more action-focused than the original RE2, no? They seem to have wanted to keep the remakes in the spirit of the games they were based on.
... as if all they saw of RE3 game was a trailer and the intro section of its wiki page.

For RE3R they removed choices, enemy randomization, ink ribbons, many key locations, a couple of boss fights, full city exploration, random Nemesis encounters, some keyitems required to progress, a couple of secret areas, Jill's trip to RPD, some puzzles.

RE3 is a survival horror game. Short, more linear than RE2, more action oriented etc but still a survival horror game. Go there, "oh no it's locked! figures", go back, explore, "oh no ! zombos!", use the key item, progress, rinse and repeat.
In RE3R, everything that happens after you get to the sewers is a glorified boss rush game on rails.