Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 24-02-11, 21:50   #121
!Lara Croft!
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Speaking of the cams, when you make the distance for the chase cam closer (eg 1000) to Lara the whole environment looks better in proportion with Lara. When you make the distance larger (eg 2000), she looks tiny in comparison.
I've now settled for something a little closer than default.
I know, thats why i made it closer when i was using TREP, the manor suddenly looks more proportioned as lara takes up more of the screen and its looking up at her more, making her seem bigger. (Havnt gotten round to messing with NG camera scripts yet)

Try playing legend with the camera a bit further away (to about our TRLE distance), suddenly everything looks huge in proportion with lara. I think AOD so far is the only game correctly proportioned to lara's height, but then she always hits the ceiling.

Thats why with flybys i dont like showing humans from a distance in urban areas, i will generally keep the camera close. But in ancient areas like temples i show them from further away to make them look bigger.
!Lara Croft! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-11, 03:09   #122
Chain Raider

Would it be possible in NG level editor to have her reload?
Like for instance, she fires the gun 5 times, puts it away, draws it again and fires 7 more shots (for a total of 12 shots per clip) and then have her reload?

I was also wondering, if I were to position the camera to an over the shoulder view would it be possible to have her do a melee move like a somersault kick or something, if she were to shot a speicific part the enemy's body i.e. face shot=sweep kick and thigh shot=roundhouse kick.
Chain Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-11, 09:56   #123
Raymond

Question is in the wrong thread!
Reloading: Possible with the right use of variables/ creating the animations.
Over the shoulder cam: Not possible. Cam is always directed at Laras center.
Melee: Donīt know, what kind of strange ideas do you have about it, but itīs possible of course with animation scripting/animcommands etc. and creationg the animations etc.
Wonīt come to you magically by clicking on a button. Needs all deep study and very hard work.
Donīt continue here about this.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-11, 21:26   #124
!Lara Croft!
Inactive

Here's my camera script for those interested. The follow me cam is closer to lara (like CORE's TRAE) and so the environment looks more in proportion. The look camera is now based at the old follow me camera distance like in TR2.

Code:
Customize=		CUST_CAMERA, FCAM_DISABLE_COMBAT_CAM, 1024, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, -1820, IGNORE, 10
Old 26-02-11, 22:24   #125
Ceamonks890

Thanks !Lara Croft! for the script to make the follow me camera more like AoD/Core's TRAE camera and the look camera more like TR2. I'm sure this will be useful for some builders.

I've just tried this out in my test level, and it looks very cool. I think I'll keep the camera like this from now on in my Vengance of Skulutus levelset.
Ceamonks890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-11, 03:07   #126
!Lara Croft!
Inactive

Code:
Customize= CUST_CAMERA, FCAM_DISABLE_COMBAT_CAM, 1223, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, -1820, IGNORE, 10
I made it just a bit further away so it doesnt cut out her feet.
Old 18-03-11, 07:18   #127
sapper

Default Bug

Accessing the Code Memory, script.dat option flags causes tomb4.exe to crash.

I only tried two flipeffects but assume all flipeffects to do with the script.dat option flags will fail.

Copy script.dat option flags to CurrentValue
Set bit0 in script.dat option flags

I was able to access the other Code Memory fields ok with these flipeffects.

Using latest version of TRNG.
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-11, 13:38   #128
-Roli-

If you using something like that:

Equipment=GRENADE_GUN_ITEM,1
Equipment=GRENADE_GUN_AMMO1_ITEM,2
Equipment=GRENADE_GUN_AMMO2_ITEM,2
Equipment=GRENADE_GUN_AMMO3_ITEM,2

Then using the Grande Gun shortkey (5 for me) before you watch it in inventory, then you'll get -19201 "ammos" and if you shoot then the game crashes.
-Roli- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-11, 14:01   #129
Topacio

Unhappy

Hello

With the new update (1.2.2.4) Lara is showed always in the title screen. I put the command ShowLaraInTitle= DISABLED in Option section, but don't work

Bye, bye
Topacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-11, 14:35   #130
Raymond

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Roli- View Post
If you using something like that:

Equipment=GRENADE_GUN_ITEM,1
Equipment=GRENADE_GUN_AMMO1_ITEM,2
Equipment=GRENADE_GUN_AMMO2_ITEM,2
Equipment=GRENADE_GUN_AMMO3_ITEM,2

Then using the Grande Gun shortkey (5 for me) before you watch it in inventory, then you'll get -19201 "ammos" and if you shoot then the game crashes.
How do you see, that there are -19201 ammos? If you see it, then you are already in the inventory.
But there is some issue with the hotkeys after you use the equipment-command for ammo. With the shotgun you couldnīt shoot, but no crash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topacio View Post
Hello

With the new update (1.2.2.4) Lara is showed always in the title screen. I put the command ShowLaraInTitle= DISABLED in Option section, but don't work

Bye, bye
Whatīs the problem? Do you tell, that Lara shows up, if you disable showing? I rather suppose, you mightily confuse things here.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote