Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 26-08-16, 07:23   #41
Tombraiderplay
Inactive

Maybe with the mext update someone could write us a program with wadmerger's feautures but not as broken ?

And i would really love it if we can put items on edges of blocks like tr1-2
And is it possible that with some next update we be able to put both a texture and an animated texture on the same face,,, for example rock texture and river texture on top creating a waterfall ^_^

Tombraiderplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-16, 08:01   #42
Shakira Croft

You already can move items with an action trigger
Shakira Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-16, 11:03   #43
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraiderplay View Post
Already possible with an Action>Move trigger.
(As Shakira Croft said already)

Quote:
And is it possible that with some next update we be able to put both a texture and an animated texture on the same face,,, for example rock texture and river texture on top creating a waterfall ^_^

TR3 already had rocks with waterfall on top. Those were textures with an animationrange instead of just a single scrolling texture.
It's not the layering of textures that you are talking about, but still, you can have waterfalls using this method.

If you want to have less textures, because creating more different backgrounds for the waterfall textures also means more textures and more animation ranges, and those are limited, you can always make waterfall objects and place those close to the surface of the roomgeometry.

So I'm not sure we need this feature.

On the other hand, if this could mean we could mix other textures like that, we might not need as many transition textures. It would be kinda like the new games, where they overlay textures for different effects.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-16, 13:29   #44
Tombraiderplay
Inactive

EXACTLY !!!! OVERLAY textures with transparency and stuff ,,,, like put rock with a slight layer of sand with only having rock / sand textures .. no transition textures !!
Old 10-09-16, 22:01   #45
OverRaider

I`ve just read that Paolone got back to working what are very good news so if I still may have suggestion for updates then I`d like to suggest implementing classic statistics for "medipacks used"...

In tr4 it doesn`t matter if you use small or big medipack it always counts as 1 and it is even buggy if we use shortcut key (9 and 0) that it doesn`t add to the statistics unless it fully tops up health

in tr1, tr2 and tr3 when we used small medipack it counted as 0.5 and big one as 1 so we exactly knew how many medipacks we used

It would be nice to have this old method or at least to choose it via scripting if builder wishes so
OverRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-16, 11:11   #46
Tombraiderplay
Inactive

Can someone rewrite a program like wadmerger ?
Because wadmerger sucks and is filled with bugs
Old 11-11-16, 11:29   #47
Caesum

^ I think this is one of the deepest wishes of TRLE community, just noone speaks it loud because WadMerger was always so useful.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-16, 11:30   #48
TombRaiderTim

Quote:
Maybe with the mext update someone could write us a program with wadmerger's feautures but not as broken ?

It's actually quite easy to create that effect on any texture really, even in Paint.NET. Just grab the waterfall texture off TR3 in texture editor, 64x64 or 32x32 (Obviously the one that is not on a face and a thick waterfall) and grab the face texture you want to use, then copy & paste the waterfall texture over the face texture in a new layer and then adjust it by pressing F4 and then setting the transparency before saving it.

Quick example using a 100 transparency:

Last edited by TombRaiderTim; 11-11-16 at 11:34.
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-16, 12:02   #49
Titak

Sure, simple enough.
But what Tombraiderplay means is overlaying textures in the editor so you can have just one animation range and then use that texture, or textures, on top of different background textures. Without needing multiple animation ranges, the number of possible animation ranges being limited and all.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-16, 03:57   #50
LeelooBastet

Maybe rescale the whole NGLE
LeelooBastet is offline   Reply With Quote