Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 14-01-21, 08:03   #31
MachoBroccoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
oh now that looks lovely. thank you so much. one more thing to help perfect my favorite TR! still missing the los alamos date stamp but you know what? this is such a good upscale that i don't think it truly matters. like it's well worth the tradeoff
That's something I can easily add back in with editing, so I'll give that a go and see what I can do

I actually added a fake heatwave effect to the scene where Natla bursts out cause there was quite a bit of micro-screen tearing for some reason, so I've hopefully masked that well enough!

Last edited by MachoBroccoli; 14-01-21 at 08:26.
MachoBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-21, 08:49   #32
ATombRaiderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoBroccoli View Post
That's something I can easily add back in with editing, so I'll give that a go and see what I can do

I actually added a fake heatwave effect to the scene where Natla bursts out cause there was quite a bit of micro-screen tearing for some reason, so I've hopefully masked that well enough!
Overlaying the movie with text may be the faithful thing to do but this will hide some details which defeats the point. Maybe you could add a brief pause between the credits screen and movie, so you can have text overlay black screen, fading in and out before the movie starts.

Update: Just noticed the movie has black bars so the text could overlay the bottom.

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 14-01-21 at 09:07.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-21, 09:08   #33
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoBroccoli View Post

it looks very lovely! you worked really hard to make it the best it can be im very thankful for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
Overlaying the movie with text may be the faithful thing to do but this will hide some details which defeats the point. Maybe you could add a brief pause between the credits screen and movie, so you can have text overlay black screen, fading in and out before the movie starts.

Update: Just noticed the movie has black bars so the text could overlay the bottom.
thats an option but its in the spot its in so as to parallel the "modern" opening scene in 1996

Last edited by LateRaider; 14-01-21 at 09:11.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-21, 09:21   #34
ATombRaiderFan

Quote:
thats an option but its in the spot its in so as to parallel the "modern" opening scene in 1996
Ah good point
Old 14-01-21, 12:11   #35
MachoBroccoli

Quote:
it looks very lovely! you worked really hard to make it the best it can be im very thankful for that

So I've made a new version with text, though I've gone for the same look as that Calcutta screenshot just to be consistent.

Additionally, I noticed there were weird goofs with objects bleeding over into other scenes so I've added white fades to hide those and match the original scene's look

I've also manually made my own version of the company text at the beginning too so that looks better.

I also decided to combine Buzz Monkey and Nixxes into one subtitle so they both get credit

Enjoy - https://youtu.be/k6F1WLHLML8

Will edit in a link to download the new version for use on PC once it's uploaded to my drive

Last edited by MachoBroccoli; 14-01-21 at 12:12.
Old 16-02-21, 11:46   #36
ATombRaiderFan

Just got around to testing out your texture fixes pack and booted up legend. I've checked all cutscenes and gameplay affected by the issues of two-faced Arthur, Yakuza hair and Rutland's profile. All these anticlimactic bugs are gone, thank you! It's also great to be able to opt out of individual fixes - in this case Nishimura's glasses because shades are cool no matter how broken. I also noted that James Rutland's profile is now visible in the manor if you play it before completing Bolivia, but on the whole it's better than having the silly cutscene moment where Zip is pointing at a empty screen.

Excellent retrospective video btw, I enjoyed every minute of it

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 16-02-21 at 12:00.
Old 17-02-21, 09:10   #37
MachoBroccoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
Just got around to testing out your texture fixes pack and booted up legend. I've checked all cutscenes and gameplay affected by the issues of two-faced Arthur, Yakuza hair and Rutland's profile. All these anticlimactic bugs are gone, thank you! It's also great to be able to opt out of individual fixes - in this case Nishimura's glasses because shades are cool no matter how broken. I also noted that James Rutland's profile is now visible in the manor if you play it before completing Bolivia, but on the whole it's better than having the silly cutscene moment where Zip is pointing at a empty screen.

Excellent retrospective video btw, I enjoyed every minute of it
Great news! I'm glad those all worked for you, but if you do come across any other weird oddities then hit me up and I'll see what I can do

Also thank you for the kind words about the video, I hope you liked the little shoutout I gave you and the other modders here!
Old 17-02-21, 12:02   #38
ATombRaiderFan

Haha yes I almost fainted when you did the shoutout (just kidding) but thank you! You should give yourself credit since you've did all the heavy lifting and made Legend heaps better than before (including the FMV upscale). Sure I will keep an eye for more problematic textures on my next playthrough

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 25-02-21 at 16:59.
Old 19-02-21, 10:42   #39
JAMJOOM

Red face here

Isn't that the same idea?
https://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/
This also works with the shutdown of the NG
JAMJOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-21, 12:59   #40
ATombRaiderFan

Arrow

Hi again!

I've been looking into the Yakuza issue because there are still texture conflicts like brown hair and the occasional goatee appearing on the clean shaven black-haired Yakuza goons. I found something interesting:

See image 1.

It turns out that Texture A is causing the problem. It overlays goons using B, C and D - basically giving Takamoto a clone army. I experimented with making Texture A transparent (and restored Texture B) and now there are three distinct Yakuza goons. There is no unique goon using Texture A on its own so you won't be fighting any headless goon.

See image 2.

I checked on PS2 version of Legend as well which is old gen and it's the same, three types of Yakuza goons. There is a catch however that when you kill the goons, their heads disappear slightly faster than their bodies

Here's the edited male_yakuza_a.drm file on google drive via the link below. MachoBroccoli, if you're happy with this version then you can add it to archive

Edit: If anyone is having issue with downloading the file, press the 'Download all' button at the top right of screen.

Edit 2: Link removed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	1
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	3581   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	0
Size:	503.5 KB
ID:	3582  

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 03-03-24 at 16:55.