Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 25-08-19, 02:00   #17461
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmier View Post
Why would you hurt yourself.
its a funny story that im sure no one cares about. this isnt even technically a question but im gonna explain anyway

so i originally got The Tomb Raider Trilogy disc without rly doing any research. come to find out they ported TR:L wrong from X360 somehow and ****ed up the graphic rendering, TR:A is missing water effects, and TR:U... well, they actually fixed that one up a little, so there's a silver lining

but as time went by and my collection grew, it felt odd to have separate PlayStation copies of each game and then there was just LAU as 1 disc. it was kind of like "ok there's this era and this era, and this happened too i guess lol."

that and after i did a lot of research i found out how godawful Legend and Anniversary are on PS3. so i gave my PS3 Trilogy disc to my nephew and i bought PS2 copies of Legend and Anniversary, and Underworld by itself on PS3

i went into this knowing that i'd have to hundo TR:L and TR:A again, but unfortunately, b/c of the bug fixes to TR:U, saves made w/ Trilogy TR:U aren't compatible with standalone TR:U. so i had to hundo that all over again to get my lovely concept art, and... storyboards... ugh.

it wouldve been cool if by hundoing TR:U they'd put in the golden shotgun and silver mini-uzis again. like just make them selectable from the weapon menu. but no, we just... we just get concept art. ok thanks

Last edited by LateRaider; 26-08-19 at 05:22.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-19, 02:10   #17462
Lyle Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
its a funny story that im sure no one cares about. this isnt even technically a question but im gonna explain anyway

so i originally got The Tomb Raider Trilogy disc without rly doing any research. come to find out they ported TR:L wrong from X360 somehow and ****ed up the graphic rendering, TR:A is missing water effects, and TR:U... well, they actually fixed that one up a little, so there's a silver lining

but as time went by and my collection grew, it felt odd to have separate PlayStation copies of each game and then there was just LAU as 1 disc. it was kind of like "ok there's this era and this era, and this happened too i guess lol."

that and after i did a lot of research i found out how godawful Legend and Anniversary are on PS3. so i gave my PS3 Trilogy disc to my nephew and i bought PS2 copies of Legend and Anniversary, and Underworld on my own

i went into this knowing that i'd have to hundo TR:L and TR:A again, but unfortunately, b/c of the bug fixes to TR:U, saves made w/ Trilogy TR:U aren't compatible with standalone TR:U. so i had to hundo that all over again to get my lovely concept art, and... storyboards... ugh.

it wouldve been cool if by hundoing TR:U they'd put in the golden shotgun and silver mini-uzis again. like just make them selectable from the weapon menu. but no, we just... we just get concept art. ok thanks
what's wrong with the rendering in TRL?
---
Sam when she met Lara Croft

Last edited by Lyle Croft; 25-08-19 at 02:14.
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-19, 02:44   #17463
Ahmier
Unverified

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post

that and after i did a lot of research i found out how godawful Legend and Anniversary are on PS3. so i gave my PS3 Trilogy disc to my nephew and i bought PS2 copies of Legend and Anniversary, and Underworld on my own

Booooy for some 2008 concept art. I played Underworld recently and I was trying to get the Arctic Sea relic. But platforming and that game just don’t mix so I just said thuck it and dipped through aha
Ahmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-19, 02:54   #17464
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
what's wrong with the rendering in TRL?
this https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=179716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmier View Post
Booooy for some 2008 concept art. I played Underworld recently and I was trying to get the Arctic Sea relic. But platforming and that game just don’t mix so I just said thuck it and dipped through aha
at least i never have to do it again. master survivalist's storyboards will be easy to get b/c once you unlock treasures they stay unlocked, even if you start a new game again

Last edited by LateRaider; 25-08-19 at 04:45.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-19, 04:15   #17465
scion05

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr online View Post
A member posted a review here.
Looks positively thrilling.
scion05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-19, 17:31   #17466
Night Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
Started TR2013 yesterday . This game -despite its flaws- never ceases to be amazing , the mountain village at night with the rain is just magical , I've just arrived there .

This game will be remembered by people , mark my words . No wonder many consider it one of the best action-adventure games of its generation .
It's what killed the franchise for me, I gave up all interest in Tomb Raider when I saw that this was in development, it was everything I didn't want Tomb Raider to be. Then I caved in last year and played it and now I'm back.

I've already played through 2013, Rise and Shadow two times each and rate them way above the LAU trilogy. (Can't stand those now)
Night Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-19, 17:45   #17467
Fantasy

I love the LAU trilogy, that period of 2005-2008 was such an exciting time for the franchise and for the forum.
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-19, 17:49   #17468
Night Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post
I love the LAU trilogy, that period of 2005-2008 was such an exciting time for the franchise and for the forum.
The build up to Legend, that first screenshot, the speculation & over analyzing, I remember it well. Then I played the game and it felt like Jak & Daxter. lol
I did enjoy the games at the time of release, and replayed them countless times after. Can't go back to them now though, everything about them annoys me, even Keeley Hawes voice.
Night Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-19, 18:36   #17469
Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
The build up to Legend, that first screenshot, the speculation & over analyzing, I remember it well. Then I played the game and it felt like Jak & Daxter. lol
I did enjoy the games at the time of release, and replayed them countless times after. Can't go back to them now though, everything about them annoys me, even Keeley Hawes voice.
Legend and Anniversary are definitely my most replayed TR games, they’re just so much fun!

I love Keeley as Lara and I always have. To me, she really brought a more well rounded Lara rather than just raising her eyebrows and spitting out a one liner.
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-19, 19:01   #17470
jajay119

I replayed LAU earlier this summer and honestly I think TRA was the worst one out the three. Most of the rooms had not thought into what they were supposed to have been when updating them and the level design more often than not is atrocious. The game itself is actually relatively pretty once you get to Greece and Egypt but the design has you constantly clinging to ledges or poles etc going round the outside of the room rather than being in it. Egypt had rare occasions where there was some good design but honestly I think TRA being a remake of the first game as well as being more complex following Legend made it seem much better on release than I feel it is now. The environments in Legend and Underworld were all much more fluidly designed in my opinion.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote