Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 30-08-19, 06:51   #1
mizuno_suisei

Question Securom

Does anyone know a most current, up to date method of blacklisting Securom on Windows 10? So I could mount my game as a VD

I've the Japanese version of Legend on PC and it takes 5minutes+ to CD check. Ridiculous 😫

I have scoured the internet as deep as I think I can, a noDVD patch for this version just has not been made, and no body is replying to requests for it.
(English exe is incompatable)

This is my last hope I think, unless anyone has good methods for baking up and playing these games.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 13:09   #2
FreakRaider

Aren't NoCD Patches somewhat illegal? Idk I have used them in the past but I know that talking about them in general should be against this forum's rules idk.

I wish I could help you but just like you I was only able to find English versions.
FreakRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-19, 08:55   #3
mizuno_suisei

It's a bit of a fine line and has come up before. There's a big difference though.

There's fans like us who want NoCD patches to perfect our playing experiences. I use them exclusively so I can keep backups of games on my PC and not have to play them with a disk check. My PC doesn't actually even have a CD/DVD drive anymore hah!

Then there's non fans who just download games illegally for the hell of it.
Old 17-09-19, 21:57   #4
Maverin

I'm all for no CD patches. Those CD checks are annoying as

I usually buy the games, and download a crack afterwards just so I can load them without the need of a CD or service like steam.

When I buy a game, I just want the game to launch when I double click on the icon and not go through other inconveniences such as steam updating and spamming my screen with promotions.
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-19, 09:28   #5
Kivlov

Sorry for offtopic... Just remembered a very funny situation from my own experience of dealing with CD DRMs.

Many years ago I've purchased S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat. It was protected by damn StarForce. For some reason it just refused to work for me - shown CD checking error. I've contacted the techsupport. And how do you think they assisted me to resolve this issue? They've sent me a cracked exe-file.
Kivlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-19, 12:16   #6
mizuno_suisei

That's awesome I hear of many devs who dislike being instructed to work on specific CD checks, you had some great luck!

Believe it or not, I've had success. Not a crack but, with a combo of a Daemon Tools Ultra .mdx catch of my TRL (ORIGINAL disk needed honestly, downloaded ones will not be 100% authentic) in the DVD drive using "New Securom" read to file.
Then Alcohol 120%, mount .mdx to any drive. If Software Emulation is detected, Completely disable your CD/DVD drive via Device Manager and try again. All these are very specific i had alot of trial and error ahahah but I got it!!

Any Lang version of TRLA&U should work this way if anyone wants to play their CD backups without using a crack.
Old 22-09-19, 17:25   #7
Kapu

Default @^

Sounds like a lot of hoops to jump through. Bravo getting it to work!
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-19, 06:20   #8
mizuno_suisei

I can confirm it still works too, I was worried it'd end up screwing up on me, Securom is very good. It must just be my PC that is at fault for the longer disk check because it seems to just be getting faster and faster via this Virtual CD method.

Now I'm going to throw some more info here in hope someone in the future might see it and know their stuff!

Someone managed to find for me the original Polish version EXE of TRL. It's named TRL12.exe I've been after this because only a year ago was a Polish NOCD version made, hoping some Hex comparing might help me with my version

Ofcourse I can't win. The EXE on this guy's original disk is ALREADY bypassed/Securom removed. It loaded my game instantly without a cd check, and it's also 4mb smaller than the cracked version. Why did they crack it then...there was no point. Unless there is ANOTHER, unmentioned on the deep web Polish version of TRL.
It also comes with a second, 72kb (yes, Kilobyte) trl.exe file. which seems to act as a shortcut to any file in the same folder named TRL12.exe, must be that exact name too or nothing boots.