Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding > XNALara

Old 27-07-13, 08:56   #941
Matteusz06

Hello, I have problem with Lara model. When I want rotate or move body i have weird bug. I don't now know how I explain that problem. Please help me.

Windows 7, 64bit
XNA Lara 9.7.8
XNA Framework I have.

Matteusz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-13, 10:54   #942
RoxasKennedy

You're rotating the adjust bones.

Try rotating the actual bones like the thigh or shoulder 2 bones.

Or if you DID rotate thigh and shoulder bones try rotating the adjuster bones.
RoxasKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-13, 05:31   #943
thePWA

Holy **** that looks painful.

Agree with what Roxas said, use arm right/left shoulders 1 , 2 and elbows and leg left/right thighs, knees and ankles first before the adjust bones.
thePWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-13, 23:11   #944
m9lon

Para quien le interese, aquí está la version de XNALara traducida al español
Dadas las características de este recurso (para hispano-parlantes) no sé si tenga sentido decirlo en inglés pero...

For anybody interested, here's the spanish translated XNALara. Hope is ok to post the link, since this is a help & resources thread after all

m9lon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-13, 12:00   #945
Matteusz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxasKennedy View Post
You're rotating the adjust bones.

Try rotating the actual bones like the thigh or shoulder 2 bones.

Or if you DID rotate thigh and shoulder bones try rotating the adjuster bones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePWA View Post
Holy **** that looks painful.

Agree with what Roxas said, use arm right/left shoulders 1 , 2 and elbows and leg left/right thighs, knees and ankles first before the adjust bones.
Thank you for your help.

Ok, I have solution to my problem. This model have many bones. So these squares are very small, and If you want rotate selected bones you must find right squares. Example: arm have two squares "arm right shoulder 2" and this option is correct, and "arm right shoulder adj" extends bones.

Last edited by Matteusz06; 29-07-13 at 12:02.
Matteusz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-13, 07:46   #946
TRItheMaster

My friend and I have shared the same problems with the latest versions of XPS. The lighting is too dark, and you have to manually turn specular values back on with Notepad!

We both wanna know when the versions expire because XNAaral said he would fix the problems in the next version. Anything TRF peeps?
TRItheMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-13, 12:06   #947
o0Crofty0o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteusz06 View Post
Thank you for your help.

Ok, I have solution to my problem. This model have many bones. So these squares are very small, and If you want rotate selected bones you must find right squares. Example: arm have two squares "arm right shoulder 2" and this option is correct, and "arm right shoulder adj" extends bones.
In the XNALara main window (the one you can click around and add a model, itz white) tehre's a list of bones on the left. You can select the bones there correctly in such cases where it's hard to figure out.

adj bones are just there to finalize your pose. They, like their name implies, adjust certain body parts and can make your poses appear more realistic.
The real bones are the ones with names that most of the time end with a number or simply nothing. adj, ctrl, roll bones are all adjusters. It depends on who ported the model and how this person decided to rename the bones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRItheMaster View Post
My friend and I have shared the same problems with the latest versions of XPS. The lighting is too dark, and you have to manually turn specular values back on with Notepad!

We both wanna know when the versions expire because XNAaral said he would fix the problems in the next version. Anything TRF peeps?
The screwed lightning appears only in the latest alpha version of XPS. That version isn't a fully new release. There's a full version in one of the journals on his page or the italian group's one. That one has normal lightning.
I dunno about the spec value thing though. Maybe contact XNAaraL directly about that.
o0Crofty0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 08:16   #948
TRItheMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0Crofty0o View Post
The screwed lightning appears only in the latest alpha version of XPS. That version isn't a fully new release. There's a full version in one of the journals on his page or the italian group's one. That one has normal lightning.
I dunno about the spec value thing though. Maybe contact XNAaraL directly about that.
Thanks Crofty! Didn't exactly know that.
TRItheMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 09:40   #949
doppeL

Hello everyone, i need help:
Finaly i can rip the TOMB RAIDER 2013 models but i have not idea to port for xnalara/xps
[IMG]http://i44.************/206n5vd.jpg[/IMG]
Please help
Thanks in advance
doppeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 10:54   #950
adngel

Hi DoppeL

1º Since Noesis, you can export it in several formats, for example I use the FBX that export it with bones. PSK is also a good choice for models that doesn't have double faces.

Then, you can import that file into 3ds max or Blender. I don't know about blender, so in 3ds max:

2º Onces opened in 3ds max, you will have to check the material editor. You can open it on the button with 4 balls which is at the top right, next to the teapot.

Just go material through material, linking the textures to the diffuse, specular and normal channel.

For Alpha materials set this config: http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...ps60394faf.jpg

If the materials has not been imported, you can drag the texture over the object in the 3d window to create a new material with that texture for that object.

3º Once materials were fixed, it's welcome if you rename the bones also as the generic XPS models, you can do it selecting the bones and changing their names which is on the right menu. But I use to do it also in the Schematic view:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...psc4b9a40a.jpg

That's the schematic view, you will find that the bones use to be in green and easily recognizable because they are linked as a tree. Equally, you can choose them and go changing their names. To know what names put on each bone, what I did was open other mod in XPS as reference.

4º Once materials and bones were fixed. Use the Mariokart64n's script to export it from 3dsmax into XPS.

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=181251

If your model, has a ground bone, (The father bone is placed in the ground), you don't have to do anything else, just export, but if not, (If the father bone is on the hip or there are not any main father bone), then when you export, select also the option "Reparent bones".

5º That will generate a mesh.ascii file, the next step, is convert that mesh.ascii file into a .mesh

Copy all the textures of the model into the same folder that the .mesh.ascii is placed. And with XPS, use the option "Modify-> open mesh.ascii" (or something like that, since the laptop I can't see it now >.<) that will open your model but the alpha textures will appear invisible, don't panic, just go again to "Modify-> Save generic item" and resave the model as .mesh, if you want you can convert the textuers to PNG format, but I suposse that's fact of tastes O.ò

6º After saved the generic item, it should be ready to open in XPS with the standard Add Model.
adngel is offline   Reply With Quote