Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 08-03-21, 15:13   #35471
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfan16 View Post
In OG RE1, you can actually avoid all of the spider encounters except for one key location. I think the REmake forces all of the spider encounters though. But yeah, the graphics in REmake hold up well even in 2021. The REmake Mansion is very faithful to the OG Mansion but adds additional areas and a lot of the optional rooms were made mandatory. That is the expectation I had for years for a RE2 and RE3 remake. But those games had a much higher bar though than RE1 Remake.
Ugh wish they kept it that way for the remake In fact just do an RE2 and 3 remake and make them invisible. Spiders are the one thing I have absolutely no complaint about the RE2 and 3 remakes cutting.

Actually my most hated trope in this series is how we have to end up in a smelly sewer at some point every single game. Not even just because it's gross, it would actually kill you pretty quickly in real life wading through toxic sewage with no protective clothing and video games just disrespect this fact But admittedly cutting the huge sewer levels from some games would be way too much, so we have to lie in that ****ty bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lulu View Post
Just make sure to burn the zombies or blow off their heads.
I'm aware of this haha, but thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
It could, yes, since the environments are prerendered.

Here's a mod to up 'em a little it.

https://residentevilmodding.boards.n...round-released
Thanks, but I'm playing on PS4

I wish console games could be modded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
I've just seen a video on Youtube of the naked Carlos Mod, his little mercenary has physics .
Someone put god knows how many hours of work into that mod and I appreciate them for it.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 08-03-21 at 15:19.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 17:09   #35472
DragonSlayer

Going back to how Capcom seem to be reluctant to have a female solo lead character in their games these days and only ever have female characters being paired with a guy like Jill and Chris, Rebecca and Billy, Sheva and Chris, Helena and Leon , Sherry and Jake, Claire and Leon, Claire and Steve and Jill and Carlos and anyone else I might have missed, I wonder why Capcom are so hesitant to have a game where the lead character is female from start to finish without a male playable character being in the game.

If the Dino Crisis remake ever happens I wonder what they will do with Regina, probably restrict her to being an NPC and replace her with a guy and during the opening scene have her be severely injured by a Dinosaur where she'll be sedated by the team medic and spend most of the game asleep apart from brief appearances throughout the game and at some point during the game because of reasons take a shower where there will be a brief shot of sideboob and probably a brief shot of jigglyboob like there was with Sherry in RE6.

Why Capcom are so hesitant to have a female lead character in their games is a mystery, this isn't the nineties when women were damsels in distress having to be continually rescued by a plumber.

I almost forgot to add rumour has it that in Street Fighter 2 Capcom intended to give Chun Li a health bar half the size of the male characters for reasons unknown, I wouldn't have known about it if it hadn't been mentioned on an episode of Go 8 Bit.

More can be read about Chun Li's half health bar here
https://www.ubergizmo.com/2014/03/st...rter-life-bar/

Last edited by DragonSlayer; 08-03-21 at 17:20.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 20:03   #35473
Uzi master

Err, you seem to have missed the point when I brought that up in the first place; how many times did we get male main characters without a section where you play as a woman? Chris/Rebecca, Leon/Ada, Leon/Ashley/Ada...

"women are weaker than men" is hardly a sexist stereotype as that article says it is. Though on that topic, I think the behind-the-scenes stuff about poison actually does have some bad implications.

REmake1 gave Jill less health than Chris, incidentally. Though this was done to balance out the characters, since Jill was originally 'easy mode.'
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 21:18   #35474
jajay119

Ironically in the 90s and 00s Capcom were all about strong women in joint leading roles
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 21:47   #35475
dg1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
Ironically in the 90s and 00s Capcom were all about strong women in joint leading roles
Nah they weren't.

1.Onimusha games all had male protagonists.

2.Megaman games also had Male protagonists.(X,Zero,Mega Man,Axl)

3.Street Fighter that always had Ryu as the main protagonist.

4.Devil May Cry

5.Final Fight games.

6.Bionic Commando

7.Viertiful Joe

8.God Hand

9.Chaos Legion

10.Dead Rising

11.Shadow Of Rome

12.Lost Planet

13.RE games were never female protagonist exclusive.(And always had a male character alongside females.)

14.Captain Commando

etc.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 21:54   #35476
Uzi master

You clearly missed the 'joint' part of his post.

Not that this refutes your entire list.
Old 08-03-21, 21:54   #35477
Yeauxleaux

The Resident Evil series did at least.

Anyway, some sexy Chris fan art by LitoPerezito that I love, for no reason.

Old 08-03-21, 22:05   #35478
jajay119

Too bad he doesn't look like that in Village. Every small image we have seen from him looks like someone has let the air out of his face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzi master View Post
You clearly missed the 'joint' part of his post.

Not that this refutes your entire list.
And just to add to this: I was also referring specifically to Capcom's take on Resident Evil as that is the series we are actively talking about.

Last edited by jajay119; 08-03-21 at 22:06.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 22:28   #35479
Yeauxleaux

He is older to be fair, the games don't have a floating timeline. I'm just relieved they made him look like an older version of RE5/6 Chris, instead of that random school teacher looking guy they were calling Chris in RE7.

I wonder if they're going to eventually reboot the series, or just soft-reboot to remove the floating timeline, once their iconic protagonists get too old to still be doing this. They do seem to be very committed to this "Raccoon City incidents happened in 1998" narrative but that was getting on for 25 years ago now.

They could just bring back Rebecca, Sheva, Sherry, Jake, Piers (who can still be alive if it takes as much as it takes to kill every bloody villain in the series) etc as a younger generation. At any rate Ethan is NOT cutting it as a replacement for the older cast, he's a ****ing yawn and I'm over it already.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 08-03-21 at 22:30.
Old 08-03-21, 22:38   #35480
Uzi master

Ethan being boring probably has to do with him being the protagonist for FPS games. I never liked that trend, but a lot of FPS games like to make the main character a blank slate for the player to fill in. I only ever liked that in Bioshock, since that was part of the actual plot.