www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 11-10-19, 21:33   #14981
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Thinking more about production designers if this is following Rise then perhaps Gary Freeman will return. His work on Everest would lend itself to this setting really well.

Ben talks about Tomb Raider 1hr18m in. Lots of swearing so not for sensitive ears.

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/...sienna-miller/

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 11-10-19 at 23:07.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-19, 23:14   #14982
SoraSakai
Inactive

I feel like y’all being way too nice.

Jungle Cruise looks like an absolute pile of dog vomit.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-19, 23:24   #14983
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Well, I wanted the movie to be inspired by RotTR, so I am definitely pleased!

Still, I wouldn't find strange that they actually do more of what they already did for the 2018 movie: take the general premise of the game, but tell a different story with it. So I am mostly sure we will get "Lara against Ana and Trinity for the secrets of Kitezh and the Immortal Prophet" concept, but not as it was told in the game.

And as for Lara and her looks: yeah, I know Pinky and I discussed a bit in this thread a few days before, and of course tastes are subjective, but I really don't see how Lara's winter outfit is non-Lara Croft. It's colourful winter gear, and a vibrant colour that really isn't that useful if you want to be sneaky. It is proper exploration gear with a bit of a fashion statement - that is Lara Croft to me (although I would go for something more similar the version of that outfit that Lara wore in Inferno).

And as for duals and braid - they really aren't mutual exclusive to still adapting the reboot games, or having Lara also use the reboot weapons and gear. Hell, give her dual pistols, dual axes and bow and arrow - make her look like a badass explorer and one-woman army! That would be awesome.

And as someone who really likes the reboot games, I also want the movies to show CD what a mistake it was not giving Lara her duals in RotTR, considering how TR2013 ended.
Old 11-10-19, 23:58   #14984
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Worth noting he says it follows the game, although setting up Trinity is more cohesive in the first film of the series because there is a shorter time to establish it I also don't think we should discredit this film from adapting Rise and Shadow in some capacity. There were definitely elements from Rise and even the comics in the first film.
Old 12-10-19, 00:06   #14985
SoraSakai
Inactive

I think it’ll follow Shadow. A hybrid of the two makes sense.

Replace Dominguez with Ana. It’ll have Lara pursuing Trinity, much like she does in Shadow, but will feature locations more similar to the ones seen in Rise.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 06:08   #14986
laracroftswest
Professor

I'd love a hybrid of the two. Minus the daddy stuff, I think that worked really well for the last film. Super happy to see she's thrilled about returning to the role, I love how much she adores the character!

Do y'all have a preference of a snowy environment/Shadow's plot or another jungle environment/Rise's plot? Or neither
Old 12-10-19, 07:00   #14987
michaeldt
Tomb Raider

I worry that if they do an adaptation of rise, that if the movie isn't successful then there won't be part 3 of a trilogy- similar to the AJ films (but atleast their stories were self contained).
Old 12-10-19, 07:10   #14988
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
I worry that if they do an adaptation of rise, that if the movie isn't successful then there won't be part 3 of a trilogy- similar to the AJ films (but atleast their stories were self contained).
Me too, so I hope that this time there's no cliffhanger in the end.
This doesn't mean that a sequel can't happen, it just means that this hypothetical sequel is not teased in the end.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-19, 11:24   #14989
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
RotTR is the most self contained game of the three though. Especially for a movie adaptation since they already dealt with Richard's disappearance and death.

Only thing could be Ana getting snipped, which again, if they have that during the actual movie and not as a post credit scene, can still feel more as a self contained idea, and not a sequel bait.

----

Anyways, to almost anyone else, I don't really think it will be adapting SotTR, or that will have enough elements from it to feel like a proper mix between the two games (like the 2018 movie wasn't a proper mix of TR2013 and RotTR, even if it had elements of the sequel). I could see perhaps replacing Konstantin's with, for example, either Rourke or Dominguez, so they can save a bit more time in establishing who the characters are in a possible sequel, but nothing that major.

But again, RotTR was a better received game, so I can see movie executives wanting to adapt that instead of the least popular sequel. Besides it feels like all adventure movies coming out are so jungle-based, that having a winter-feeling adventure can help the movie stand out as something more original.
Old 12-10-19, 11:46   #14990
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

So we know it has a big budget and follows the game - which we can assume is Rise. Excellent news!
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote