Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 29-10-17, 06:09   #18531
robm_2007

Any fans from here?
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-17, 10:28   #18532
Matie

Drlecter is the only one who's active here, though you might not see him posting very often. But you may know this little one we brought with us:

+1: https://i.imgur.com/i7lRbGX.jpg

The Hungarian community does annual meetups since the year 2000, this one was the 27th 'bigger' meeting

Last edited by Matie; 29-10-17 at 10:30.
Matie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-17, 13:31   #18533
Mr GaGa

Just been diagnosed with severe depression. I knew something was off but jeez I didn't know It was this bad. I've tried to find happiness in other people but I've learned that they will disappoint me over and over again. I don't really know how to combat depression though. Talking to people doesn't help me and medication just makes me feel numb and sick. I cannot believe my life has come to this, I feel horrible.
Mr GaGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-17, 15:35   #18534
SoraRenard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr GaGa View Post
Just been diagnosed with severe depression. I knew something was off but jeez I didn't know It was this bad. I've tried to find happiness in other people but I've learned that they will disappoint me over and over again. I don't really know how to combat depression though. Talking to people doesn't help me and medication just makes me feel numb and sick. I cannot believe my life has come to this, I feel horrible.
Stay strong Mr GaGa, I'm fighting against depression too, it's a cruel disease but we can't give up. My recomendation is to practice som exercise because it helps with endorphin, self esteem, and makes you meet some new people too. Don't rely your hapiness on other people, try to find things that you enjoy like playing videogame, handcrafting or drawing.

I know it's hard to say because I don't know what put you in this, but I hope it can help you in some way.
SoraRenard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-17, 00:34   #18535
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you'll get/feel better soon.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-17, 01:26   #18536
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraRenard View Post
Stay strong Mr GaGa, I'm fighting against depression too, it's a cruel disease but we can't give up. My recomendation is to practice som exercise because it helps with endorphin, self esteem, and makes you meet some new people too. Don't rely your hapiness on other people, try to find things that you enjoy like playing videogame, handcrafting or drawing.

I know it's hard to say because I don't know what put you in this, but I hope it can help you in some way.
As someone who has been there (and is still there quite often), I think this is really sound advice.

Doing things you know you are good at, and finding some escape from it in things you enjoy, is a great way of clearing your mind and calming yourself down. Exercise is always great. On and off I've been into long-distance running, and I always felt my depression was lowest while I was exercising regularly and getting out for jogs.

If it's overwhelming, then sometimes you do just need to let it out. I remember after my Dad passed away, I found myself in an exceptionally dark place for quite a long time. I'd have to just excuse myself and go cry it out (that might sound counter-intuitive and like you're wallowing in it, but releasing that emotion and energy really clears your mind).

And if everything else fails, never forget; you've come through ****, and you are not weak if you've made it this far. If you feel like you have no other reason to carry on, then just remember that. You've been through worse, you might go through bad things again in the future, but you'll live, because you know from experience you can handle it. Self-affirmation is so important.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 30-10-17 at 01:34.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-17, 19:01   #18537
strawberry22

I am SO FRUSTRATED RIGHT NOW. As one of our assignments for Artist Developmemt at my conservatoire, we need to record ourselves playing a short piece (around 50 seconds) on our instruments and upload it. Sounds simple enough right? WRONG. Having to try and book a room to film this thing in took me and two other guys long enough, before realising the sound quality wasn’t good enough in the first room we chose, then using a different room, taking AAAAGES to set up everything again (we need to use two cameras and a set of proper cardioid microphones) and taking about 40 takes of the same clip to try and get it right. Then it wasn’t working when we tried to upload it to the computers (bearing in mind we still had to record the other guy and myself playing for our own projects). This took us TWO HOURS AND THEN SOME TEACHER CAME INTO THE HALL WE WERE USING AND SAID SHE NEEDED TO USE IT FOR A LECTURE. I’m so pissed. We spent all day trying to do it and got NOTHING. I now have to wait till I’m back from reading week and try and do it then - when everyone else in my year is going to be rushing to try and do it as well. Pissed off is an understatement, I’m genuinely so angry and exasperated right now.

If that wasn’t enough, I need to take an Eb tuba, a C tuba (both extremely large and heavy), and a large rucksac/suitcase with me to go home tomorrow on a 6 hour journey back to Scotland.

I hate ma life basically x

Last edited by strawberry22; 30-10-17 at 19:04.
strawberry22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-17, 21:01   #18538
Quebsenuef

It’s really cold here. It’s a shame right before Halloween. Makes me sad.
In other news my father bought not one but TWO AR-15s. Must’ve been a bogo. what a day to be an American!
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-17, 22:15   #18539
NoahCrofRaider

Just got a haircut, so I'm obviously feeling good.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-17, 12:27   #18540
Yeauxleaux

Feel like I've hit a plateau with learning Spanish.

I was making so much progress with it, but I've felt like I can't be arsed the last few days, probably because I'm getting to that point where I've learned most of the really necessary words and need to start learning grammar haha.

Also doesn't help that I also want to learn French and Portuguese. I want to be one of those people who can speak 10 languages and I want it NÃO (Yes I know that doesn't mean "now" haha)

EDIT - Got a real live wire sitting across from me on the train. Dude won't sit still for more than 5 seconds and it's getting on me wick, Madonna.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 31-10-17 at 12:40.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote