Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 01-04-19, 07:56   #22531
Mani_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifrit61 View Post
Man thats rough, sorry you have to go through something so bad.
I hope things turn out well for you and you can move on to better times.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-19, 09:52   #22532
Ifrit61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
Man thats rough, sorry you have to go through something so bad.
I hope things turn out well for you and you can move on to better times.
Thank you very much for your kindness, Mani_Man. Today I feel a bit better, but I'm starting realizing that this toxic relationship might have made me a kind of "dependant" of it. Distractions are good, but maybe not enough. I'll wait for some more days, hoping it gets better.
Ifrit61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-19, 10:36   #22533
Vaskito

I feel depressed for the silliest reason, and I just can't get myself to feel better.

I hate depression so much. I don't think I have serious depression right now, but I do feel I do have at least "slight depression", maybe. I've moved to a new home, which is better and bigger than the one I lived in. The thing is, I can't cope with the fact that I'm leaving my HOME behind. It feels like I'm losing a person or something, and this is so stupid and dumb.

I should feel happy and excited for going to a better house - but I just don't at all. The new house doesn't feel like home to me. It don't feel that "familiar Comfort" that one feels at their house.

I'm an intorvert, and I have this stupid personality where I feel safe and comfortable in my little corner, and I feel vulnerable when it changes - so maybe that's why? I've been feeling pain of angst in my chest since I started moving. I've been cleaning up my old house to deliver it to the landlord. Today is the day I'll have to give him the keys. Yesterday was the day I did the final cleaning of the house, I did it sobbing, and crying almost uncontrolably - and I feel stupid. I feel like I'm grieving over something really stupid...

I know you guys will find this silly and senseless, but I just wanted to vent out so my chest stops hurting. I'm thankfull I have TR and some amazing virtual friends from it, as well as World of Warcraft, to distract me, and help me heal - along with listening to music.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-19, 10:43   #22534
Grimaldi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
I should feel happy and excited for going to a better house - but I just don't at all. The new house doesn't feel like home to me. It don't feel that "familiar Comfort" that one feels at their house.
I think that’s the sort of thing that comes with time. Have you started personalising it? What sort of things did you like in your old home (pictures, lights, etc.)? The more memories you make in your new house will likely start to cement it as a new familiar.

Hang in there, it’ll get better.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-19, 10:49   #22535
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
I think that’s the sort of thing that comes with time. Have you started personalising it? What sort of things did you like in your old home (pictures, lights, etc.)? The more memories you make in your new house will likely start to cement it as a new familiar.

Thank you I know it will, it's just I'm starting to get anxious because it's taking so much time.

And the thing is, because of how attached I am to the old house, it makes it easier to find the all the defects in the new one - deep down, I think it's the back of my mind doing it because of me being currently unable to deal with this change. Later today I'll need to have a lot of self control to not burst into tears when delivering the keys. Wish me luck It's so silly to feel so attached to an "object"
Old 01-04-19, 14:55   #22536
Cat Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post

Quote:
Thank you I know it will, it's just I'm starting to get anxious because it's taking so much time.

And the thing is, because of how attached I am to the old house, it makes it easier to find the all the defects in the new one - deep down, I think it's the back of my mind doing it because of me being currently unable to deal with this change. Later today I'll need to have a lot of self control to not burst into tears when delivering the keys. Wish me luck It's so silly to feel so attached to an "object"
Wishing you luck today ......... and also lots of happy memories that you will create in your new home.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-19, 15:22   #22537
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Woman View Post
Wishing you luck today ......... and also lots of happy memories that you will create in your new home.
Thank you
Old 01-04-19, 17:15   #22538
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Moving to a new home is definitely hard. When I moved to the house I’m in now, it felt incredibly weird because I had been in the previous house for 5-6 years. But now, it’s got that comfortable feeling that homes have.

So, hang in there. Like Grimaldi said, personalizing it with special things from the other house and making new memories will help.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-19, 19:36   #22539
Ms.LaraCroft

I'm just feeling good since it's my birthday.
Ms.LaraCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-19, 19:43   #22540
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.LaraCroft View Post
I'm just feeling good since it's my birthday.
Happy birthday!!
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote