Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 16-08-19, 22:03   #23431
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendanlovesu1 View Post
Defeated. It's been 2 months since i've moved to Toronto and I just moved into my first condo downtown. Am enjoying the city and experience so far. However....

IKEA have messed up the furniture delivery meaning I won't get a bed until Sunday the 18th (I was supposed to receive it yesterday) and they pulled the old excuse "something's wrong with the truck" - I have a cell and you could have rang and let me know rather than finding out from the customer service rep.

TLDR I have no bed until Sunday and have to sleep on the floor, I have an air mattress but it's not the same.

This is the first time I've had thoughts about moving back home and it scares me
Ugh. I hate that. When someone could totally have emailed or called and said “hey there’s a delay. Sorry!” instead of you having to call yourself. Very frustrating.

As for not having a bed, I’m sorry! I hope it does get delivered on the 18th. Just think though, it could be much worse. Don’t let it get you down! It won’t be long! Hold your head up and keep going!
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-19, 22:03   #23432
LuckyEdge10

Quote:
Defeated. It's been 2 months since i've moved to Toronto and I just moved into my first condo downtown. Am enjoying the city and experience so far. However....

IKEA have messed up the furniture delivery meaning I won't get a bed until Sunday the 18th (I was supposed to receive it yesterday) and they pulled the old excuse "something's wrong with the truck" - I have a cell and you could have rang and let me know rather than finding out from the customer service rep.

TLDR I have no bed until Sunday and have to sleep on the floor, I have an air mattress but it's not the same.

This is the first time I've had thoughts about moving back home and it scares me
IKEA is the worst when it's about delivering stuff. Is IKEA very far from you? Because if it's not, you should definitely buy your stuff directly there. Delivering is not really one of IKEA's skills lol. They still dom't have enough skill points for it
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-19, 22:11   #23433
Brendanlovesu1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyEdge10 View Post
IKEA is the worst when it's about delivering stuff. Is IKEA very far from you? Because if it's not, you should definitely buy your stuff directly there. Delivering is not really one of IKEA's skills lol. They still dom't have enough skill points for it
It's a 30 minute drive. Unfortunately I don't drive so I need to take a 2 hour subway/train. Can you imagine me carrying all the boxes back on the subway/train home?

At least I would probably have the bed built by the time I had to get off
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-19, 22:14   #23434
LuckyEdge10

Quote:
It's a 30 minute drive. Unfortunately I don't drive so I need to take a 2 hour subway/train. Can you imagine me carrying all the boxes back on the subway/train home?

At least I would probably have the bed built by the time I had to get off
Ok then, if you'd have to carry your stuff on a subway, it's definitely not worth it

Also because all the boxes are very heavy, it's hard to bring them on foot.
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-19, 12:00   #23435
Shirley_Manson

Never has a piece of furniture I ordered arrived in a timed and orderly fashion, so don't give up your downtown life.
I remember living without a closet for a month. It will get sorted out eventually.
Shirley_Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-19, 12:47   #23436
Fantasy

This thread is making me very nervous as I’ve just ordered new sofas

Last edited by Fantasy; 17-08-19 at 16:15.
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-19, 15:21   #23437
Cat Woman

Quote:

Just relax and enjoy the city. Sunday will be here before you know it. . Think camping in the city lol.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-19, 00:34   #23438
Tommy123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post
This thread is making me very nervous as I’ve just ordered new sofas
Same I'm gonna miss my old sodas though I've had them so long
Tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-19, 10:13   #23439
Portugalraider

Well, going back home for vacations, it already feels weird, considering it is the first time back home since everything that happened last May.

Then again, having to catch two planes and having to wait 7 hours between them does not help either. 😅
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-19, 12:18   #23440
Enya Brennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Then again, having to catch two planes and having to wait 7 hours between them does not help either. 😅
Sounds dreadful What’s your itinerary?
Enya Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote