Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 09-09-19, 06:29   #23511
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
So has anyone around here worked in customer service? Since I may not be able to attend school due to money I've been thinking about working. Problem is my back is really bad sometimes and a friend of mine told me to apply for office jobs like customer service or phone answering jobs that are simple enough and doable for most people.

I already have an associates degree and my feild of study is psychology, working with people. If I did try to work for customer service for a company or a store taking phone calls exactly what should I expect. Has anyone around here ever worked those jobs?

I would work in retail, but since my back is the way it is it would be hard on me. Once I work I can save up money and get insurance to get a doctor to look at it and hopefully get it fixed so I can work retail jobs, but customer service doesn't sound so bad for now.

Anyone work in customer service?
I’ve not done phone answering jobs but I have had two friends who did and they despised it. There’s a possibility you’ll find a retail job or customer service job you can do that pays well (more than a phone job) and that won’t hurt your back. If you have your heart set on a phone job then good luck! I would never work a phone job after the stories I heard. Granted, every company is different but I myself wouldn’t risk it.

I got a call back on my apartment!
I can move in on the 18TH! It’s on the 3rd floor (top floor) and I’m so excited! No upstairs neighbors! I can’t wait! I’m so excited to have a place of my own, no roommates, and it’s just me and my room full of houseplants hahaha

Current Mood: Happy
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 06:42   #23512
moodydog

I've worked 2 retail jobs during college, and a call centre job between college and university. Didn't particularly enjoy any of them. Call centre jobs for me are high stress, because you need to be ruthless, not care what people think, and be incredibly pushy. You also need to be prepared to be screamed at by people.

For retail, I didn't mind it as much, I just found it a bit boring. I wasn't particularly that good at it either... I would often come back with wrong shoe sizes and was really absent minded.

Now that I've finished uni, I would say I'm on my first "real" career job. I work as a software developer, it's a bit more up my street, but I'm looking to move on. Would love a role in creative media or some scientific research area. I actually have a few interviews for data science roles.
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 15:36   #23513
Cat Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodydog View Post
Now that I've finished uni, I would say I'm on my first "real" career job. I work as a software developer, it's a bit more up my street, but I'm looking to move on. Would love a role in creative media or some scientific research area. I actually have a few interviews for data science roles.
Good Luck on your interviews. Hope you find one that would make a good fit for your interests.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-19, 12:02   #23514
DragonSlayer

Patiently and at the same time impatiently waiting for a package to arrive, I'm watching each parcel delivery van as it passes my house thinking that it might be the one that has my package, I'm not good at playing the waiting game.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-19, 12:45   #23515
Brendanlovesu1

This morning I woke up and there was blood on my pillowcase. I spent about 20 minutes chasing and tackling my cats to see which one was hurt, before I looked in the mirror and realized I had a nosebleed.
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-19, 14:59   #23516
Cat Woman

That’s what happens when you have cats. You think of them first. Very funny.

Last edited by Cat Woman; 10-09-19 at 15:01.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-19, 10:43   #23517
Vinkula

Returned back to work yesterday, flu is officially gone so I am very happy and yesterday was an amazing work day, so smooth! But now I am suffering from my usual post-flu nose bleeds... UGH.
Vinkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-19, 14:49   #23518
Mani_Man

Feeling a bit down lately because im way too careless, lazy and lack motivation.
I dont know if that is due to the weather and the approaching autumn...i hope so.
The lack of discipline is something im not liking about me, its making me unhappy.

I assume it has to do with Autumn because im constantly hungry too(which is not good if you dont have discipline and shove everything in your face you can find XD), could be that i just need my body to switch to that time of the year.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-19, 18:40   #23519
Shirley_Manson

I'm unhappy because I'm not photogenic. Picking a picture to put on social media is always such a nightmare for me.
Why do I look like a swamp monster in every photo?
uuughghhhhh
Shirley_Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-19, 22:50   #23520
Brendanlovesu1

I wanted to share this with people for a while but have been hesitant to do so. I've never felt comfortable being called a man, and I'm not female. This thread has explained it so well here. I'm still Brendan

https://twitter.com/Divinadecampo/st...97302214402050
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote