Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Fan and Community Showcase

Old 13-07-19, 09:02   #21
mizuno_suisei

I just commented via YouTube- could only squeeze in 20minutes today but, amazing!! Amazing! I LOVE it! The first video of its kind I've genuinely related to and scoffed at. Well bloody done *claps*
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-19, 08:17   #22
bollweevil

Great video! I like your other content as well. What will be your next video topic if you don’t mind me asking?
bollweevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-19, 18:36   #23
Blue_light

Can't believe there was a topic about this on the front page of the section, and I completely missed it.

I watched the video, yesterday, though I admit I skipped a bit of the beginning to go straight to hear what you had to say about TR1.

I absolutely love the work you put on this video, both visually and in content. I'm a huge fanatic of TR1, and a lot of what you said mimicked how I feel about this game. Was a bit sad you didn't say anything about the Doppelgänger, nor the Torso.

While I think TR4 is the best one as a whole, TR1 to me is the definition of the experience. I guess some of that is due to the technology limitation.
Even as you showed the gameplay, or just how you showed the scenery was enough to bring chills. TR1 is the only TR game where I always am in awe when I revisit (though it is also due to the choice of my favorite ancient civilizations, and inclusion of disturbing horror elements), and feel genuinely immersed in the vast loneliness and slow build up of things.

It was a delight to watch, so thank you for sharing.
Blue_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-19, 21:39   #24
MBog

This is my favourite video on youtube and nothing could possibly change that.

I have one question though, towards the end there was this build up for Atlantis being the scariest, most disturbing level, with unsettling enemies and atmosphere, however the torso boss at the end wasn't adressed... I felt like he needed a honorable mention.
MBog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-19, 15:59   #25
PGunnii

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBog View Post
This is my favourite video on youtube and nothing could possibly change that.

I have one question though, towards the end there was this build up for Atlantis being the scariest, most disturbing level, with unsettling enemies and atmosphere, however the torso boss at the end wasn't adressed... I felt like he needed a honorable mention.
With how the flow of the video was already moving, I had to opt to remove those segments because it wouldn't do them justice. I had a few ideas of how to work with it, but I was already pressing myself for time by the time I finally got to edit the Atlantis segment. There were already a few cuts and rewrites I had to make for it all to work (tonally and pragmatically). So, it's a shame, I agree; but if I inspired anyone to play the game or buy it, then I think Atlantis is something they should dig into themselves anyways. On some level, I'm content that I didn't spoil either one because those were insane surprises for even myself when I saw them for the first time.

Also, you guys ROCK. I haven't been able to keep up with all the different comments in the different communities but your guys' support made the year of production really really worth it.
PGunnii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-19, 20:00   #26
MilkShakespear

YES!!!! This video was awesome and defined things that I never understood I loved. The importance of the Tomb as an idea. The power of being the Tomb Raider. Not to mention the solid call back to the Angelina Jolie credit sequence music.

Solid work!!!!
MilkShakespear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-19, 09:50   #27
SrDanielPonces

I saw this video a week or so ago, and I simply have to say how impressive this was! I'm specially impressed you went as deep as trying to rip the meshes/models!

The Level Editor is still used nowadays after 19 years, as the community feeds it with new features as time goes on! Many people enjoy playing new, innovative custom levels.

Keep the good work!!!!
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-19, 14:48   #28
malferink

I feel like this thread is in the wrong subforum, it gets way too easily overlooked here. And it's an amazing video that should be watched by everyone on this forum!

I really, really loved your video OP. The editing was a sight to behold and you brought up a lot of points that put my thoughts so much better into words than I could ever do. Do you have any plans to take on any other games in the series?
malferink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-19, 16:53   #29
moodydog

An extremely fascinating watch! Thank you.

I feel like the next Tomb Raider game can really do with taking a look at the classic (perhaps the first three games, as I feel these are all pretty synonymous as 'the' Tomb Raider experience) and really understanding its charm, slow-paced atmospheric exploration and puzzle and level design.

Classic Tomb Raider really was an example of style AND substance.
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-19, 17:26   #30
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodydog View Post
An extremely fascinating watch! Thank you.

I feel like the next Tomb Raider game can really do with taking a look at the classic (perhaps the first three games, as I feel these are all pretty synonymous as 'the' Tomb Raider experience) and really understanding its charm, slow-paced atmospheric exploration and puzzle and level design.

Classic Tomb Raider really was an example of style AND substance.
All of this, yesss!

Great video, OP! I commented on the video itself already, but thank you for making it. At the end of the video, "but the tomb forgot one thing... you're the Tomb Raider." actually made me cry, omg. You really hit the nail on the head with this video

Last edited by Melonie Tomb Raider; 19-07-19 at 17:33.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote