www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 27-01-22, 09:56   #1051
reborninshadow
Explorer

The link is updated, now both v49 and v52 should be exactly the same.

- Fixed "vertical fall" modifications not being applied properly on V49 versions.
reborninshadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-22, 12:47   #1052
kelvinsecolo
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
The link is updated, now both v49 and v52 should be exactly the same.

- Fixed "vertical fall" modifications not being applied properly on V49 versions.
OK reborn, thanks. I'll test it as soon as I can.

A question, just out of curiosity:

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post

Next update will include:

- Fix swerving left/right while hopping (this fix was found by Nakamichi680)
Nakamichi found a fix for what, exactly? For Lara's belly that glitches a little when we hop to the left, or for that weird way that her torso gets when she points the Dual Pistols?
kelvinsecolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-22, 13:50   #1053
Jathom95
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinsecolo View Post
Nakamichi found a fix for what, exactly? For Lara's belly that glitches a little when we hop to the left, or for that weird way that her torso gets when she points the Dual Pistols?
The swerve bug refers to the small "deviation" Lara makes while hopping in the vanilla game. When you push walk and jump, Lara hops. But in the normal game, she hops in the last direction you were turning in instead of directly forward. So, if you turned left while standing still beforehand, and then make her hop - she'll hop to the left regardless of if you wanted her going in that direction or not.

This option fixes that and now hop works exactly the same way as a standard jump, she'll only turn if you actually move her while hopping now.
Old 27-01-22, 16:52   #1054
kelvinsecolo
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post
The swerve bug refers to the small "deviation" Lara makes while hopping in the vanilla game. When you push walk and jump, Lara hops. But in the normal game, she hops in the last direction you were turning in instead of directly forward. So, if you turned left while standing still beforehand, and then make her hop - she'll hop to the left regardless of if you wanted her going in that direction or not.

This option fixes that and now hop works exactly the same way as a standard jump, she'll only turn if you actually move her while hopping now.
Oh, thanks for that.
This is something else. I interpreted something completely different. I was thinking about the combat hopping.
kelvinsecolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-22, 18:29   #1055
nickp364
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post

Wow that's a huge improvement! Great job.
nickp364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-22, 18:26   #1056
Bio_Cell
Hobbyist

[Little note]: What do you guys think about changing the strenght upgrade from the current door to this one in the picture? I do believe the gameplay of this level is too simple, so this change would make it more difficult.

Bio_Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-22, 20:11   #1057
_Seth
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bio_Cell View Post
[Little note]: What do you guys think about changing the strenght upgrade from the current door to this one in the picture? I do believe the gameplay of this level is too simple, so this change would make it more difficult.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/xebQHFc.jpg[IMG]
With how badly people battle to find to push the statue over. I have seen people struggle hard over that simple thing, so...
_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-22, 20:38   #1058
reborninshadow
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
With how badly people battle to find to push the statue over. I have seen people struggle hard over that simple thing, so...
Yeah pretty much this. I personally like the idea but a lot of people find the strength upgrades confusing already so I'm not sure about making them even more complicated.
Old 02-02-22, 19:32   #1059
reborninshadow
Explorer

Default Some updates

Hey everyone,

So there's been some change of plans. I've said before that I would return to working on level modifications after releasing the next version of my patcher but instead I will release an update for the modpack soon, the next patcher release will come later.

Here is an updated list of all the features I'm planning on adding to the patcher:

- Enable weapons when hugging walls & shooting from cover (experimental)
- Enable skipping conversation voice lines (experimental)
- Fix swerving left/right while hopping (this fix was found by Nakamichi680)
- Fix crashing near the lasers in Strahov Fortress (this fix was found by Sasho648)
- Improved player position when jumping into water
- Enemies stagger less from gunfire
- Enable running after all forward jumps
- Reduced Impactor batteries per pickup (from 10 to 2)
- Increase running speed

Explanations for some of these options:

- Enemies stagger less from gunfire: What this does is basically stop enemies from constantly doing "getting hit" animations every time they are shot at. This makes them attack you more rather than just getting stuck repeating those animations and will make the game more challenging as a result.

- Reduced Impactor batteries per pickup: This weapon is extremely powerful and you get an insane amount of ammo for it per pickup. This should make this weapon more balanced.

- Enable running after all forward jumps: In the vanilla game, you can only continue running after doing running jumps, now you can keep running after all forward jumps. (shown in the video down below)

- Improved player position when jumping into water: In the vanilla game, Lara immediately turns towards the surface when jumping into water, this should make this more like the classics. (shown in the video down below)

Here is a video showing some of the upcoming level changes and patcher features:

Old 02-02-22, 20:22   #1060
Jathom95
Archaeologist

Hope you guys enjoy the Bio-Research change haha. Props to Reborn for implementing it.

Last edited by Jathom95; 02-02-22 at 20:23.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote